MOC: Firfir yok

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello everybody!

This is my first moc "fırfır yok" which means "no spinning".

I built it long time ago to play with my children. It was a good toy for us and we enjoyed it for some time. I rebuilt it for Turklug 2011 contest 1 week ago and wasted 2 days to take some pictures.

Finally I decided to share it's final version with you.

(Sorry guys, you have to see these pictures, because we really worked hard to take them.)

More photos: brickshelf mocpages

Video:

firfiryok01.jpg

size: 32x80 studs

firfiryok02.jpg

firfiryok07.jpg

firfiryok08.jpg

firfiryok10.jpg

firfiryok13.jpg

More photos: brickshelf mocpages

Video:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Very nice. Simply an excellent idea and even better execution in creating this football table game in brickbuild 7316! :thumbup: I'm just curious though, are the minifig attachments sturdy enough during gameplay?

What a great idea! It looks very smooth with the SNOTwork, and the fact that you can use it to play table-football with your kids is great as well. I also wondered about the minifig attachment - do they end up flying all over the place?

Nice pictures too :classic:

Thanks for your comments and sorry for the late post. I was preparing a gameplay video that you can easily understand how sturdy minifig attachments are.

I used short minifig legs for making them stronger to hit the ball. Putting minifigs' heads directly in to the connectors made them more durable. I tried different solutions but this jointless one was the most durable.

video:

Thanks again.

Great idea!!

The Minifigs are resistant because you use a light ball. I like the solidity that you used on the Minifigs.

Makes me want to play :classic:

Thank you.

Maybe you are right about the ball. I've never tried the other ball which comes with football sets. I have no idea about it's weight either.

Edited by 7316

Excellent! As others have said, great idea sticking the minifig heads into the Technic pieces. The only thing that I fear for are those Technic axles, which you can see in the video, are bending a lot.

Excellent! As others have said, great idea sticking the minifig heads into the Technic pieces. The only thing that I fear for are those Technic axles, which you can see in the video, are bending a lot.

Thank you.

Yes, axles are bending as you noticed but not as much as effecting gameplay. At least while playing with kids. Because of bending, it is difficult to do some tricks that professional foosball players do properly. But it is not a big problem for home usage. : )