Sign in to follow this  
Selander

MOC: Smart transporter

I already showed this Mercedes Actros Smart transporter before as a WIP-project.

After building a number of different designs to manage the raising/lowering of upper deck,

I choose the below solution, which has the "sleak" look I wanted, and it is also easy to fold & unfold.

As can be seen on one picture, two tiles (1 x 8) are attached to respective deck when cars are loaded.

Feel free to comment.

5442935984_5556ac0408_z_d.jpg

5442331289_cdefba611f_z_d.jpg

5442331119_a7e0c49f93_z_d.jpg

Really cute Selander. It fits the smart cars just right and the fluid design really makes this model :thumbup:

Thanks for Sharing :classic:

Hello!

Very smooth design! And it's even function in that you can lower the top platform for loading the cars. Excellent! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I really like the solution you managed for the lowering/raising of the upper deck of your car transporter Selander, it looks very 'clean' and rather easy to fold/unfold. Though I noticed that when the upper deck is raised, the rear beams is supported only by 1x2 jumper tiles, is that set-up stable? Anyway, nice to see how your MOCs develop over time, good job! :thumbup:

This is really awesome. Great design!

What's next?

:classic:

thanks ACCURATEin.

Next step will be to add micro-size PF-motors to run the upper deck remotely :laugh:

TLG just has to invent them first....

I really like the solution you managed for the lowering/raising of the upper deck of your car transporter Selander, it looks very 'clean' and rather easy to fold/unfold. Though I noticed that when the upper deck is raised, the rear beams is supported only by 1x2 jumper tiles, is that set-up stable? Anyway, nice to see how your MOCs develop over time, good job! :thumbup:

Thanks KielDaMan.

You are correct about supports for rear technic liftarms, but they are in fact a stable solution.

As you say, it's a clean and neat solution, and it was the best design to allow easy folding of upper deck.

The other designs I tried (using cross-axles / tubes / pins...etc ) all required too much force which meant

that upper deck easily broke to pieces during operation.

Edited by Selander

I'm in love with this! Is it possible to get some more images to help with re-creating this?

No problem, mate !

I already took about 15 close-up pictures, for a member of Swebrick who shared your interest.

So, if you send me a message (through EB message board) with your e-mail address, I'll send

you those pictures ASAP :classic:

That IS smart :) Well done!

Like people before me have said that this could have been an official set.

That is really good, I've always wanted to do a transporter, I'll definately have to give it a try :thumbup:

The models in your sig look really good too.

No problem, mate !

I already took about 15 close-up pictures, for a member of Swebrick who shared your interest.

So, if you send me a message (through EB message board) with your e-mail address, I'll send

you those pictures ASAP :classic:

It says I cannot view member profiles - perhaps I am *too* new? :(

My email is alan [dot] mrpinchy [at] gmail [dot] com