morson1

Linear actuator in LDD

@quatix. Welcome to Eurobricks, but please note that you need to keep the language on an mature level and use proper capitalization and punctuation. We are forum for an 18+ audience.

So, something like this instead: "Could you please update the last file. It doesn't work anymore."

Thanks for your understanding.

On 2/26/2017 at 11:39 AM, kennywest said:

Sorry to revive an old topic, but I'm sure this will help others, trying to add linear actuators to their models.

I needed some large linear actuators in my model that were not fully extended. The trick is the create an empty LDD drawing, with the actuator in it. Then, save it, without adding anything else. Rename the file you just saved to la.zip. You should now be able to open the file and find a file, called IMAGE100.LXFML. This is an XML file, which you can read or edit. You can also find this file here. Below are the important parts of the file (you can open this with notepad, our your favorite editor):

<Part refID="1" designID="62275" materials="309">
        <Bone refID="1" transformation="-1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,-1,6,1.2000000476837158,0.40000003576278687">
        </Bone>
      </Part>
      <Part refID="3" designID="62274" materials="199">
        <Bone refID="3" transformation="-1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,-1,6,1.2000000476837158,0.40000003576278687">
        </Bone>
      </Part>

When you modify the value 6 (so, the value after -1, before 1.20000...) into something else you will see the actuator is extended or retracted. The LXFML file can also be opened directly in LDD. So you can play with the values, double click the file and you can see the result of your changes.

When your satisfied with your changes, save it and now you can import this into your model, using the "File -> Import model" menu.

I hope this helps someone.

is there a way to also adjust the length of the 92693 linear actuator???

i use it some of my models, tried after reading your post

thank you

You can also export to LDraw in LDD, move the parts in the LDraw CAD of you choice, then reimport in LDD.

Only export/import one of these parts, otherwise, when importing, LDD might mix the parts and not assemble the matching subparts (it’s fun though).

I found this files on LDD gallery website a while back. I don't know how this dude did it. This is what all of you have been looking for. Both of the linear actuators have been retracted and a small shock absorber in every size imaginable. For the big shock absorber I only have fully expanded one. All of these work flawless. Download from my Bricksafe. Maybe someone can do the same for the big shock absorber.

800x433.jpg

800x433.jpg

800x433.jpg

Edited by pagicence
edited pics