Henning Birkeland

DeLorean DMC-12

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

A couple of weeks ago I bought the new Back to the future game from Teletales and was inspired to create the DeLorean in Lego. I created the orginal car without the Back to the futre addons. This is one of my favorit cars and hopefully I will own one my self one day.

delorean-0.jpg

delorean-1.jpg

delorean-3.jpg

delorean-4.jpg

delorean-5.jpg

delorean-6.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Great job! You got the shape perfectly! I think this is the best Delorean I've ever seen. The only thing that gives it away is the hinges with the studs on top. Other than that, you'd think this was a scaled model :thumbup:

Edited by prateek

Hello!

A great representation of this highlight from Back to the Future. :classic: It's very smooth. I like the slopes you used to complete the edges. The rear lights are also great. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Great job! It's so lovely and smooth, as others have said. :wub:

Once the Hazmat collectible minifig becomes available, you should deck this out in the Back to the Future mods to recreate the first (human) drive.

Great job. Looks very much like a scaled DeLorean. Add a flux capacitor and it is ready to go back to the 80s. :classic:

Edited by dr_spock

Add a flux capacitor and it is ready to go back to the 80s. :classic:

And bring us back some classic LEGO while you're at it!

Simply amazing! Gotta love the overall smooth and sleek finish. :wub: The design and details are very accurate to the BTTF Delorean. Excellent work! :thumbup:

Isn't this where run DMC got his name?

To bad the guy who made them was a drug dealer...

Oh well

88 MPH is a great point of reference

They used it because of the Paradox of two continuities two parallel infinity signs tipped on their side...

Loves pulp culture references that have a boat load of hidden meanings...

Very nice DeLorean, Henning Birkeland, it looks great! I, too, am a big DeLorean fan and one day hope to one of my own as well. The only thing that bothers me about your MOC are the headlights, which look a bit too wide, but that is a fault of the bricks, not yours.

To bad the guy who made them was a drug dealer...

Oh well

That is actually a misconception: He hadn't sold/bought/traded any drugs when he was charged with drug trafficking and he was acquitted when he was able to prove that he was entrapped by the FBI.

I love the flow of it, the slow slants are really smooth and the low roof works really well. Instantly recognizable, even to a guy who has only seem the films once. The doors swinging is a really nice feature too, and it fits together with the car very nicely when closed.

Very nice! The distinctive lines of the DeLorean are tough to recreate in LEGO; this is the best of several attempts I've seen. Nice work!

Do you intend to do a Back to the Future version? It seems the obvious next step (given how people automatically think of the movies now when they see one of these cars - even lots of the posts in this thread talk about how close this is to "the movie" or something similar even though you specifically created a "plain," non-movie version).

It is pretty darn sweet.......... the lxf file would be super helpful!!! (Please??? lol)

Edited by johnny cogs

any way i can get a lxf file for this model??

It is pretty darn sweet.......... the lxf file would be super helpful!!! (Please??? lol)

This is brick built, I assume lxf files are for LDD?

He also may not want to share his design, since he obviously worked hard on it.