shutinc

[MOC] Wax Museum

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the Wax Museum, where the collectible minifigures comes to life at night!

It's been a few days since I finished my museum and here is the end result. I started this project in the beginning of november, so after three months in the making it's finally done.

There are a few minor details that I'm going to implement that will come in time.

I would like to thank F0NIX and Matija from Brikkelauget for their help in the building process!

And of course I want to thank all of you who have commented on the WIP!

Enjoy!

More pictures on Flickr.

5434548312_d5fc5df5f6_z.jpg

5438569000_32c2d4062b_z.jpg

5438568734_0b130baf10_z.jpg

5437961199_57214a3153_z.jpg

5437961023_b95c7154e0_z.jpg

5433958119_8abab6b968_z.jpg

5433931913_b06cc57414_z.jpg

5433930881_13ecaaee5c_z.jpg

5434545300_f0a03948b0_z.jpg

5434544248_60147c0a5e_z.jpg

Edited by shutinc

It is an excellent MOC.

I know that it is not easy to make a well looking mono-color building from Lego but you have done it. All the details make it.

That is a truly unique way to display the collectible minifigures. Just oozing with awesomeness!!

AWESOME just simply AWESOME ! :grin:

What a classic exterior with those columns and that interior.....man, what a way to display those collectables eh ? :grin:

The final touch is those two LED lights on the building.....though pity the front lights couldn't be done.....a little hard to do I believe. :wink:

Excellent work 'shutinc' and keep on MOCing ! :grin:

Wonderful. I love it. I might have to join Brikkelauget and try to make it to an event just to see this up close :)

We've previously seen this under construction, right? The colour combination works very well, with the dark red stripes around the building and the dark blue roof. I especially like the smaller top floor. Apart from that, I think my favourite part of this MOC is the actual fact that you came up with the idea of a wax museum. Great idea, great execution, shutinc!

Great MOC, shutinc! I really like your use of Collectible Minifigures as the wax statues. :laugh:

SWEET.

Those pillars come from the new 2011 Atlantis set.

So many MOCs now are going to include them... Museums, Courthouses etc... Can't wait to get my hands on some!

Wow, what an outstanding creation shuntic! The classic architecture is simply perfect for this Wax Museum. It's also nice to see the use of the collectible minifigs as the wax models. Just and impressive work overall! :thumbup:

Wow!! Great museum!! the color scheme is amazing & matching!!

i like your use of the Minifigs Series! for a while i was trying to see which is the exhibit and which is the "real" people before i saw the brown plinths mounting the exhibits! :thumbup:

This is really a stunning work! The overall exterior design is very beautiful with lots of details and the colour scheme is great (tan along with dark red and white produces a brilliant result).

The interior is also great and this is a genius concept of having the collectable minifigs together in a display that fits in the everyday life of a city. :thumbup:

Very nice! But how did the pillars change from ridged to smooth after the first pic?

I was thinking the same thing. If you ask me, the Atlantis pillar pieces look ever better in your creation.

Well done shuntic and thanks for sharing! :sweet:

I like the outcome very much! When it was WIP, I already liked it, but now with the minor changes on the facade, better proportions, I like it even better.

Wonderful, great idea of using the Collectable minifigs.

I like the tan color of the building and the floor has a really nice pattern. Good job :thumbup:

What an excellent way to display the collectible minifigs.

The building is great, and I really like details like the working light and the painting with cheese slopes.

Thanks MUCH everyone for your awesome notes and comments! They are much appreciated! :classic:

It is an excellent MOC.

I know that it is not easy to make a well looking mono-color building from Lego but you have done it. All the details make it.

Thanks much, but it's actually not mono-colored, considering the dark red lines and the dark blue roof :)

AWESOME just simply AWESOME ! :grin:

What a classic exterior with those columns and that interior.....man, what a way to display those collectables eh ? :grin:

The final touch is those two LED lights on the building.....though pity the front lights couldn't be done.....a little hard to do I believe. :wink:

Excellent work 'shutinc' and keep on MOCing ! :grin:

I'm glad you liked it and thanks much for your wonderful words! :)

Regarding your question about the exterior lamps. They will come, but it's as you said, very difficult to get the wires through the small parts, but I've done it to the roof lamps, so I know it's possible, but it takes time :)

Very nice! But how did the pillars change from ridged to smooth after the first pic?

Sorry, I mixed new pics with older ones. I have shot a series of photos showing the new ridged pillars and they are uploaded to my flickr.

Any chance of a close up pic of the working lights? Or is that a photoshop addition?

Yep - take a look at my flickr page. I just uploaded a photo showing the lamp more close up :)

Wonderful. I love it. I might have to join Brikkelauget and try to make it to an event just to see this up close :)

We've previously seen this under construction, right? The colour combination works very well, with the dark red stripes around the building and the dark blue roof. I especially like the smaller top floor. Apart from that, I think my favourite part of this MOC is the actual fact that you came up with the idea of a wax museum. Great idea, great execution, shutinc!

You're most welcome to join Brikkelauget and I would in fact appreciate it if you did :)

Thanks much for your wonderful comment! These are the comments that make my day! :)

SWEET.

Those pillars come from the new 2011 Atlantis set.

So many MOCs now are going to include them... Museums, Courthouses etc... Can't wait to get my hands on some!

Oh yes - I have purchased a lot of these and I will include them in my future mocs as well :)

Great MOC and an even better idea for displaying your minifig collection. :thumbup: Really original. I applaud your effort. It looks perfect! Great job! :classic:

Wow, thanks much! I'm glad you liked it so much! :)

Wow!! Great museum!! the color scheme is amazing & matching!!

i like your use of the Minifigs Series! for a while i was trying to see which is the exhibit and which is the "real" people before i saw the brown plinths mounting the exhibits! :thumbup:

Thank you! :) I bet it must have been a bit confusing at first, but that was sort of the point :)

This is really a stunning work! The overall exterior design is very beautiful with lots of details and the colour scheme is great (tan along with dark red and white produces a brilliant result).

The interior is also great and this is a genius concept of having the collectable minifigs together in a display that fits in the everyday life of a city. :thumbup:

I was thinking the same thing. If you ask me, the Atlantis pillar pieces look ever better in your creation.

Well done shuntic and thanks for sharing! :sweet:

whoa, thanks a lot :) Seems like the use of collectible minifigures in the museum was a success :)

Oh yes! I actually just recently came to know about these new Atlantis-pieces after placing an order (LUGBULK) with my LUG (Brikkelauget), and they look great!

I'm certainly going to use these in other mocs aswell, and I bet we're going to see a lot of them in upcoming mocs and sets :classic:

I like the outcome very much! When it was WIP, I already liked it, but now with the minor changes on the facade, better proportions, I like it even better.

Thanks for checking back for the complete version and thanks for your awesome comment :classic:

I like the wax museum very much! Excellent work. :thumbup:

Can you pls share how you did the lighting?

Hope you don't mind that I've blogged about it: Link to blog

:wub:

Thanks much!

Yes, I can. I'll take a few photos when I'm doing the other exterior lamps so you can see how I do it.

Oh, I don't mind at all that you are blogging about the museum. In fact I really appreciate it, and especially after having read your blog for a few months and all of the sudden noticing you've blogged about my wax museum :classic:

Edited by shutinc

...God i love these kind of buildings.....those details....perfect!!!

Thank you for displaying!!

Greetz LegoSjaak