Gregorovich

Harry Potter 2012 Set Ideas Thread

The Gringotts scene from the latest film is a no brainer for a set. Steampunk Mine carts, dragon, goblin, treasure. It would be quite costly, but top for playability.

The Gringotts scene from the latest film is a no brainer for a set. Steampunk Mine carts, dragon, goblin, treasure. It would be quite costly, but top for playability.

Well, that would be the biggest set Lego would ever do, especially that Dragon (saw the film today 5/5 I give it).

Actually the scene towards the end in the forest with the ghostly characters giving Harry support....not giving anything away who they are though ! :wink:

A set would be interesting and feed us more different minifigs ! :grin:

I wonder if something might follow 19 years on eh ?.......only those who have seen the movie know what I'm talking about ! :wink:

Keep on casting spells ! :grin:

Some sets with minifigures would really be great, somehow like the Star Wars sets

For example:

Gryffindor students set: contains Seamus Finnigan, Dean Thomas, Lavender Brown, Padma+Parvati Patil

there would be so many possibilities.

How about sirus blacks house with the minifigs Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Sirus Black, George Weasly, Fred Weasly, Mad Eyed-Moody, Mr.Weasly and Mrs.Weasly. Or the war of hogwarts with all of hogwarts in ruins With 2 giant lego spiders, 1 giant, 5 deatheaters, voldemort, ginny weasly, harry potter, hermione granger, ron weasly, professor mogonagal, severus snape, draco malfoy, lucius malfoy, narssia malfoy, belletrix lestrange and 5 hogwarts knights.

How about sirus blacks house with the minifigs Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Sirus Black, George Weasly, Fred Weasly, Mad Eyed-Moody, Mr.Weasly and Mrs.Weasly. Or the war of hogwarts with all of hogwarts in ruins With 2 giant lego spiders, 1 giant, 5 deatheaters, voldemort, ginny weasly, harry potter, hermione granger, ron weasly, professor mogonagal, severus snape, draco malfoy, lucius malfoy, narssia malfoy, belletrix lestrange and 5 hogwarts knights.

A Grimmauld place set would be a very welcome set to everyone on this forum. Probably not that many minifigs. I'd settle for Harry and some members of the order we haven't yet seen or need redoing.

Harry, Sirius, Tonks, Moody and Kreacher

I'm afraid they would never release a battle set with that many minifigs, I think the most recent Hogwarts set is as much of the battle of hogwarts as we'll see. The only possible additions i could see would be something like a special edition Room of Requirement set you could add on to the castle or a remake if they were continuing the theme of the chamber of secrets as it was a main playset and re-appeared in the final film.

I think that the latest sets from HP will be the last :sad: Because the last film is out and I believe that the theme will just die out. But I would like to see more classrooms made, like Transfiguration, Divination, Updated Potions, Defence Against The Dark Arts, Herbology, Etc. I'd really like to see The Headmaster's Office to be updated and the Department of Mysteries. :laugh:

My idea is another add-on for Hogwarts called 'Defenders of Hogwarts'

It would include a building similar to Dumbledore's office in the 2010 castle, with a potions classroom on the bottom, Hopsital wing on the second an battlements on top. It would also come with a greenhouse/ Herbology classroom. The minifigures would be Professor Slughorn, Madam Pomfrey, Dean Thomas, Seamus Finnagun and Kingsley Shacklebolt. RRP- £40-£50 and the box would be similar in size to 2011 Hogwarts. Thats my dream set anyway xD :thumbup:

It would include a building similar to Dumbledore's office in the 2010 castle, with a potions classroom on the bottom, Hopsital wing on the second an battlements on top. It would also come with a greenhouse/ Herbology classroom. The minifigures would be Professor Slughorn, Madam Pomfrey, Dean Thomas, Seamus Finnagun and Kingsley Shacklebolt. RRP- £40-£50 and the box would be similar in size to 2011 Hogwarts. Thats my dream set anyway xD :thumbup:

Drop Sheamus and/or Shacklebolt, throw in a Harry Potter and your set seems plausible. I dont think they would leave out a chance to give us ANOTHER potter >.>

I actually really like that idea!! But the minifigs would have to be changed. Maybe have Bellatrix, Harry :hmpf_bad: , Madam Pomfry, Slughorn, Seamus and Kingsly. Plus a giant!! :sweet:

Great idea :thumbup:

I really can't see HP dying out just because the last film has been released. Considering how much Universal invested in the Orlando HP theme park which only opened just over a year ago, they must see several more years of interest to recoup the money spent

That sounds spectacular! But as mentioned above, someone would have to be dropped, and I'd choose Dean. I want a Kingsley Shacklebolt so bad! :sweet:

This idea sounds so great, and the minifigures for it too. But I want a Dean Thomas so much, maybe I'd leave out Kingsley, but I like him too and I think he would look great as a minifigure, that's a really hard decision

Well, that would be the biggest set Lego would ever do, especially that Dragon (saw the film today 5/5 I give it).

Actually the scene towards the end in the forest with the ghostly characters giving Harry support....not giving anything away who they are though ! :wink:

A set would be interesting and feed us more different minifigs ! :grin:

I wonder if something might follow 19 years on eh ?.......only those who have seen the movie know what I'm talking about !:wink:

Keep on casting spells ! :grin:

There are these things called books. :tongue: which gave away that particular ending a few years ago. Although, I know not all HP fans have read the books, I'd be surprised if most have not read them. I saw PoA and that got me wanting to read them.

Edited by Legocrazy81

I recently designed a wave of six sets on LDD with similar price points to the 2010 wave, which have a little from every year though I think I may have focused on ChmbrScrts and PrsnrAzkbn a litle too much :wink: .

They Are:

• Care for Magical Creatures- $12.99
  • Minifigures: Harry (Uniform), Draco (Uniform), and Hagrid
  • Accessories: Brown Wand, Black Wand, Chain, Printed Dark Tan Monster Book of Monsters, Mushroom, and a Crossbow
  • Creatures: Buckbeak (Dark-bley, pupils filled in, same wings, printed yellow eyes)
  • Set: A small fenced area for Buckbeak and a connected tree
    The Sorceror's/Philospher's Stone- $19.99
  • Minifigures: Harry (Casual), Hermione (Casual), Ron (Casual), and Quirrell (Purple Hassassin Hood, Frown Almut Guard Face/Glow-in-the-dark Voldemort head, Black Cape, Dark Brown Suit Torso, Dark Brown Legs)
  • Accessories: Brown Wand x3, Black Wand, grey winged key x2, golden winged key, broomstick, blue fire, and red crystal
  • Creatures: Devil Snare x2 (Four dark green mini piraka tails w/dark green clips)
  • Set: A three story tower with a trapdoor on the top floor, devil snare on the next, chamber of the winged keys below (with chess board floor), and mirror of erised to the left.
    The Shrieking Shack- $39.99
  • Minifigures: Harry (Casual), Sirius Black (Prisoner) (Dark Brown PoP hair, Face w/ happy/worried, updated prison robe torso, dark bley legs) , Peter Pettigrew (TBD hair piece (possibly Dumbledore's in nougat), updated face, updated torso (similar print, one bley hand other flesh), light bley legs), Lupin (Same Hair, Prisoner of Azkaban face, Bley Cape, same torso and legs in 4867), and a Dementor
  • Accessories: Brown Wand x3, Black Wand, and Marauder's Map
  • Creatures: Grim (black dog), Crookshanks (same as Mrs. Norris without white printing), and Scabbers
  • Set: A two story building with fire-place secret door on the bottom floor. Upstairs there is a bed and rotating wall to transform Peter into Scabbers.
    The Chamber of Secrets- $59.99
  • Minifigures: Harry (Uniform), Ron (Uniform) Ginny (Uniform), Tom Riddle (Mutt Williams hair in black, updated flesh face, Slytherin Torso, dark bley legs), and Lockhart (Same Hair, Updated Flesh Face, Purple Cape, Purple Torso, and Purple Legs)
  • Accessories: Brown Wand x4, Black Wand, Black Book, Chrome Silver Sword, and Sorting Hat
  • Creatures: Basilisk (Same molds in dark green, newer tooth pieces, and an updated print) and Fawkes (same as before)
  • Set: A two sectioned structure. In the first section a trapdoor which falls when a bathroom sink is pushed back. The second section is the chamber of secrets which features an opening door, updated, opening Salzaar Slytherin Head, and the pipes to the side. Goes behind Hogwarts School (which is below).
    The Ministry of Magic- $79.99
  • Minifigures: Harry (Casual), Hermione (Casual), Neville (Casual), Sirius Black (Casual) (PoP Hair in Dark Brown, OotP based face w/Happy/Scared, black blazer, black legs), Dolores Umbridge (Same Hair, Updated face w/Sweet but sinister/angry, Updated Pink Torso, Pink Legs), Kingsley Shacklebolt (Purple Sailer Hat, Seso's face, Purple Cape, Blue Torso, Blue legs), Tonks (Purple PoP Hair, New Face, Dark Brown Jacket, and Black Legs), and Yaxley (Will Turner Hair in Tan, Lucius Malfor Face, Black Cape, Black Suit, and Black Legs)
  • Accessories: Brown Wand x4, Black Wand, Tan Wand x3, Quibbler x2, Daily Prophet x2, and Hand Cuffs
  • Set: I'm not even going to try to explain this one.
    Hogwarts School- $99.99
  • Minifigures: Harry (Uniform), Luna (Uniform) (Princess Hair in Cool Yellow, Same face, Ravenclaw Robes, Black Legs), Cedric (Uniform) (Mutt Williams Hair, New Face, Hufflepuff Robes, Black Legs), Professor Trelawney (Old Hermione Hair in Burnt Orange, Updated face w/Happy/worried, dark tan torso with shawls,beads,etc., dark tan slope with pattern continueing), Professor Snape, Dumbledore (Red) (Same Hair, Same face, Dark Red Torso and legs with print similar to the microfigures (but not beard)), Voldemort (Hooded), Bellatrix, Professor Slughorn (Bley Dooku Hair, New Face, Dark Tan Suit and legs)
  • Accessories: Brown Wand x5, Black Wand x2, Tan Wand, White Wand, Quibbler, Daily Prophet, Marauder's Map, and Chocolate Frog
  • Creatures: Hedwig, Errol, Brown Owl, Bat, Spider, Rat, Mandrake x2, and Devil's Snare
  • Set: Greenhouse, Clocktower, Fountain, Cover Bridge, and the Defense Against the Dark Arts Tower (according to the Harry Potter wiki)
  • Rooms in the castle include: Snape's Office, Transfiguration Classroom, Potions Classroom, Ravenclaw Common Room, Hospital Wing, Green House, Caretaker's Office, and Clocktower Attic.

I might post these on Eurobricks sometime later and I don't think I remembered all of the accessories (especially for The Ministry of Magic). I think that these are pretty realistic, except maybe having Cedric as a minifigure, but I created this with the thought that it would represent a final wave, and he is really the only Hufflepuff who might be the known well enough to be a minifigure. I would like to see something similar, if the line were to continue.

Update: It's the covered bridge, not the viaduct

Edited by Superficial Username

Please do, and link from here, these sound great!

The Chamber of Secrets didn't come out too well (it's okay, but has a bad Price Per Piece Ratio) and the Ministry could use a little more in it (also a bad Price Per Piece Ratio), and both could use a better foundation. The others are ready, except for the Sorcerer's Stone which I need to work on a little more to improve the exterior, I'll get right on it.

Personally, although it pains me to say it I think the Harry Potter line mat be finishing soon. But I'm hoping that with the release of the new game Lego will give the franchise a proper send off. In my opinion the ultimate goodbye would come in the form of battle packs. I think these would be the best ones:

£7.99 Ministry of Magic

Kingsley Shacklebolt, Yaxley, Cornelius Fudge, Percy Weasley, Dolores Umbridge

£7.99 Dumbledore's Army

Seamus Finnigan, Dean Thomas, Luna Lovegood, Cho Chang, Neville Longbottom

£7.99 Order of the Phoenix

Sirius Black, Horace Slughorn, Arthur Weasley, Mad-Eye Moody, Mundungus Fletcher

£7.99 Death Eaters

Antonin Dolohov, Bellatrix Lestrange, Thorfinn Rowle, Lucius Malfoy, Amycus Carrow (All with masks on reverse of their faces and hoods)

Anyway, that's what I think :classic:

Personally, although it pains me to say it I think the Harry Potter line mat be finishing soon. But I'm hoping that with the release of the new game Lego will give the franchise a proper send off. In my opinion the ultimate goodbye would come in the form of battle packs. I think these would be the best ones:

£7.99 Ministry of Magic

Kingsley Shacklebolt, Yaxley, Cornelius Fudge, Percy Weasley, Dolores Umbridge

£7.99 Dumbledore's Army

Seamus Finnigan, Dean Thomas, Luna Lovegood, Cho Chang, Neville Longbottom

£7.99 Order of the Phoenix

Sirius Black, Horace Slughorn, Arthur Weasley, Mad-Eye Moody, Mundungus Fletcher

£7.99 Death Eaters

Antonin Dolohov, Bellatrix Lestrange, Thorfinn Rowle, Lucius Malfoy, Amycus Carrow (All with masks on reverse of their faces and hoods)

Anyway, that's what I think :classic:

I really like this idea! I would like Bill in the Order of the Phoenix pack, though, and a pack with the four Triwizard Champions (plus their teachers) would also be great. Another (though more unlikly) idea could be "couple packs" or "family packs", like Bill & Fleur, Hagrid & Madame Maxime, the Lovegoods, Neville & his gran etc....

I think a malfoy manor will be grate, but it will be too big. Anyway :

79.99 shutler with boats

minifigs : snape, voldemort, harry, ron, hermione, nagini

50.99 malfoy manor's cave

minifigs : dobby, luna, hollivanders, harry, ron, peter petitgrow

49.99 great hall

minifigs : bellatrix lestrange (with new head, and new hair), molly weasley (with double face), ginny weasley (purple sweat shirt), macgonagal (with grey endor leia's hearpiece), snape, dementor (x1)

15.99 battle of hogwards 1

minifigs : fenrir greyback (with dastan's hearpiece), lavander brown (with double head face : one smilling, one crying), big spider, abelfort dumbledore, seamus finigan

15.99 battle of hogwarts 2

minifigs : death heater, bill weasley, fred weasley, alecto carrow, giant

that's all :)

I think that if LEGO wants to give this theme a proper send off, they should make 1 or 2 sets for each movie. Perhaps like this:

Movie 1 (Sorcerer's/Philospher's Stone)

4843 The Unicorn Hunt

Minifigs: Harry Potter (uniform), Draco Malfoy(uniform), Lord Voldemort (hood and Dementor cloak)

Creatures: Unicorn (white horse with hole on head for horn), Frienze (Dastan face, Centaur body, shirtless torso,

Exo-Force Hair), Fang (new mold)

Main Build: Tree (similar to 4865), 2 small rocks, 2 mushrooms

Official S@H Description:

The Unicorn has been hurt and fled to the Forbidden Forest! Can you help Harry Potter, Draco Malfoy, and

Fang find it and heal its wound before Lord Voldemort finds it and drinks its life-giving blood? If he does,

save Harry with Frienze before Lord Voldemort can hurt him!

Price: $14.99

4844 The Forbidden Corridor

Minifigs: Harry Potter (uniform), Ron Weasley (uniform), Hermione Granger (uniform), Quirinus Quirrell (PoP hood,

reversible head with Voldemort on the back). Creatures: Fluffy (new, more detailed mold), 2 bats.

Main Build: Corridor building of Hogwarts with 3 levels: first level with cobwebs, torches, harp, and trapdoor,

second level with 2 rooms: one with lots of Devil's Snare and second room with arches, winged keys (5 with white

wings, 1 with blue wings) and a broomstick. Third level with 2 rooms: first room with small chessboard with

several chess pieces (black and white), and second room with Mirror of Erised, Sorcerer's Stone and lots of fire.

Quirinus Quirrell has found the Sorcerer's Stone and wants to use it to restore Lord Voldemort to power!

Harry, Ron, and Hermione have set off after him to stop him. Can they get past the obstacles and defeat

Quirrell once and for all? You decide!

Price: $49.99

Movie 2 (Chamber of Secrets)

4845 Defense Against the Dark Arts

Minifigs: Harry Potter (uniform), Neville Longbottom (uniform), Gilderoy Lockhart (green robes), Seamus Finnegan

Creatures: 5 Cornish Pixies (new molds similar to LEGO Games microfigures)

Main Build: Classroom with 2 desks and chairs, droppable dragon skeleton, teacher desk with chair, Lockhart books,

and Cornish Pixie cage. Stairway with door to teacher's office, with desk, chair, quill, books, and lots of Lockhart

pictures. Classroom also has Lockhart portraits.

Offical S@H Description:

It's time for class! Today Professor Lockhart has brought Cornish Pixies. But as he's commenting on himself

(he's the most vain person on Earth), he accidentally frees the Pixies! Can Harry and his friends stop the

Pixies before they destroy the classroom?

Price: $29.99

4846 Chamber of Secrets

Minifigs: Harry Potter (uniform), Ron Weasley (uniform), Ginny Weasley (uniform), Tom Riddle (uniform), Moaning

Myrtle (ghost, uniform), Gilderoy Lockhart (lilac robes).

Creatures: Brick-built Basilisk, Fawkes, 4 snakes (on Chamber door)

Main build: Small, 2 story tower with Moaning Myrtle's bathroom on top (with collaspible sink to tunnel) and entrance

chamber on bottom (with snake door and lever that drops rocks on floor. Actual Chamber of Secrets with statue of

Salazar Slytherin's head with opening mouth, pool with water, walls and plattforms (similar to last version ),

flippable wall with Sword of Gryffindor.

The Chamber of Secrets has been opened! The Basilisk has been Petrifying students so many times that Hogwarts

might close! Its up to Harry to defeat the Basilisk and destroy Tom Riddle's deadly diary! Can he save the

school? You decide!

Price: $89.99

I'll post more later.

Edited by Mr_Malfoy

I think a malfoy manor will be grate, but it will be too big. Anyway :

79.99 shutler with boats

minifigs : snape, voldemort, harry, ron, hermione, nagini

50.99 malfoy manor's cave

minifigs : dobby, luna, hollivanders, harry, ron, peter petitgrow

49.99 great hall

minifigs : bellatrix lestrange (with new head, and new hair), molly weasley (with double face), ginny weasley (purple sweat shirt), macgonagal (with grey endor leia's hearpiece), snape, dementor (x1)

15.99 battle of hogwards 1

minifigs : fenrir greyback (with dastan's hearpiece), lavander brown (with double head face : one smilling, one crying), big spider, abelfort dumbledore, seamus finigan

15.99 battle of hogwarts 2

minifigs : death heater, bill weasley, fred weasley, alecto carrow, giant

that's all :)

I agree!

For POA i was thinking definitely Hogsmeade as previously mentioned in the style of Diagon Alley

And also a Remade shrieking shack with Harry, Hermione, Sirius, Lupin, Wormtail

GOF: The Yule Ball, It would be awesome! with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Viktor Krum, Etc.

About the rest, I don't really know lol

Some fantastic ideas on this thread........ now if only LEGO would sit up and realise how much life is left in this theme.

In continuation of my last post here:

Movie 3 (Prizoner of Azkaban):

4847 4 Privet Drive

Minifigs: Harry Potter (casual), Dudley Dursley, Vernon Dursley, Petunia Dursley (all video game look, except different

hair for Petunia), Aunt Marge (video game look and a globe-like piece to put on her blow her up), Dementor 2x.

Creature: Harry's Stag Patronus (maybe push button to light up?).

Main Build: 2-story house with regular-City style kitchen, living room (with fire place to shoot letters into room),

Dudley's room, Vernon and Petunia's room, bathroom, and Harry's room full of magical knickknacks.

S@H Description:

Harry has finished another year at Hogwarts, and he has to go back to the worst Muggles: the Dursleys.

But even in a Muggle-filled house, the Wizarding World finds him. He's accidentally blown up his Aunt Marge,

and, even worse, the Dementors are attacking! Will Harry be able to solve these problems before the Dursleys

find out?

Price: $59.99

4848 Hogsmeade Village

Minfigs: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Cho Chang (all casual), Madam Rosemerta, Rubeus Hagrid,

Minerva McGonagall, Aberforth Dumbledore, Death Eater 2x, Sirius Black (new face, Dastan hair, Azkaban outfit)

Peter Pettigrew, Remus Lupin, Horace Slughorn.

Creatures: 3x Shrunken Heads, Werewolf (new movable, molded pieces like new SW animals, but smaller)

Main Build: 4 Buildings: Shrieking Shack, Three Broomsticks, Honeydukes, and Hog's Head. Not too sure how to describe

them.

S@H Description:

Expand your very own Wizarding World of Harry Potter! It's time for the 3rd year and up students to visit Hogsmeade

Village. What adventures await them? Will they make dodgy deals in the Hog's Head, buy a Butterbeer in the Three

Broomsticks, purchase some candy in Honeydukes, or visit the "haunted" Shrieking Shack? You decide! Ages 14+.

Price: $199.99

Edited by Mr_Malfoy