Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

Geonosian Machines Gauntlet

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Inside the inhospitable environment of the Geonosian droid factory,

Anakin and Padme find themselves battling for their lives against the gauntlet of machines' inhuman might.

5421104899_887b135357_z.jpg

5421104955_04fb471543_z.jpg

5421712776_73e682da91_z.jpg

5421105103_8801399673_z.jpg

5421105193_ce1d7887a4_z.jpg

5421713004_109598eeb8_z.jpg

As usual, click the pics for more details...

AC

PS. For those who haven't seen the old MOC.

Woww ACPin *oh2*

That is incredible not as good as the previous version (:laugh:) the detail is incredible well done :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:.

Edited by Mr Man

That is one of the most impressive MOCs I've seen to date. Just looking at it reminds me of the Conveyor Belt theme. I love all the wiring that went into it. Well done ACpin, well done.

Very well done, ACPin. Use of hailfire droid wheels is perfect.

Only thing is I seem to remember Anakin's lightsaber is still blue during this scene. :look:

Only thing is I seem to remember Anakin's lightsaber is still blue during this scene. default_look.gif

I'm pretty sure your right- he only gets the green lightsaber after a Jedi passes it to him in Arena.

In fact, thats the very scene his lightsaber breaks.

Yeah, but his lightsaber gets chopped in half while he's pinned to the piece of metal lying down, so since he's standing up with a lightsaber, that lightsaber should be blue.

Wow, that's truly amazing ACPin *oh2*

blogged

Thanks for blogging it!

Woww ACPin *oh2*

That is incredible not as good as the previous version (:laugh:) the detail is incredible well done :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:.

Yeah, the first one is always the best! :devil:

*oh2**huh*:oh3: THAT'S INCREDIBLE!

:grin:

That is one of the most impressive MOCs I've seen to date. Just looking at it reminds me of the Conveyor Belt theme. I love all the wiring that went into it. Well done ACpin, well done.

This time designed the machinery to be functionally believable.

Wow *oh2*

one question though, why does Anakin have a green lightsaber?

Realized the error half-way through the pic edits. :sad:

Cool, but I think Anikan and Padme are getting "bugged".

Yes, they are! :laugh:

Very well done, ACPin. Use of hailfire droid wheels is perfect.

Only thing is I seem to remember Anakin's lightsaber is still blue during this scene. :look:

The hailfire droid wheels were also in the old MOC and they've been retained for this MOC. Though found it a bit tougher to get them positioned correctly due to their weight and bulkiness.

I'm pretty sure your right- he only gets the green lightsaber after a Jedi passes it to him in Arena.

Yes, it was blue but didn't want to redo the pics as it was too much work! :wink:

In fact, thats the very scene his lightsaber breaks.

Kinda thought about doing that particular scene where Anakin's arm was trapped but wasn't satisfied with the result.

AC

PS. Remember that there are far more detailed pics from varying angles in the links provided like this and this.

absolutely spectacular!

and I thought your old one was fantastic..

Maybe by 2004 MOC standards but this works for today's standards! :laugh:

Yeah, but his lightsaber gets chopped in half while he's pinned to the piece of metal lying down, so since he's standing up with a lightsaber, that lightsaber should be blue.

See previous comments about the lightsaber. Never really gave it much thought as the Anakin minifig already had the lightsaber in hand when placed in the scene.

AC

Wow, it's finally great to see the 2011 version of your Geonosis Droid Factory, and what a marvelous upgrade this is from your 2004 one. Excellent use of those humongous wheel piece. Great job as always AC! :thumbup:

Wow what an excellent MOC, instantly recognisable from the movie.

Design wise picked specific scenes from the movie and built around them.

Awesome work as always Acpin! I like the use of the wheel parts.

Those really fit in quite nicely into the scene and that's why I decided to keep them from the old MOC.

Wow, it's finally great to see the 2011 version of your Geonosis Droid Factory, and what a marvelous upgrade this is from your 2004 one. Excellent use of those humongous wheel piece. Great job as always AC! :thumbup:

Not an upgrade but a full makeover since the design started from scratch and doesn't really resemble the old MOC. Only parts were used from the old MOC and those wheel pieces were the best from it. Still debating on which MOC path to choose next...

AC

Somebody from the past reminded me of an old action figure diorama that I did way back for the same theme. If you look closely, the molten metal on the conveyor belt are actually Lego tiles (photoshopped glow effect).

10PadmeRun_a06_48.jpg

10PadmeRun_a11_64.jpg

10PadmeRun_a07_54.jpg

Sorry but the resolution is not of good quality...

AC

PS. For those who are unaware, I did SW action figure dioramas before doing SW Lego dioramas.

Hey AC Pin! Great to see a familiar face since I'm really new here. I really like this one and prefer it to your earlier droid factory diorama, mainly because this depicts Anakin and Padme on the conveyor belt - the scene that immediately comes to mind when one thinks "Geonosian droid factory". The thing about a lot of your work that makes it so good is that they're not so much dioramas or vignettes as environments and atmospheres, but each with tremendous attention to detail. I like the droid fabrication "moulds", and each of the stamp gantries complete with spring mechanism. However, with a creation like this one, a lot seems to be happening at once, and it's hard to draw the focus to just Anakin and Padme - but this is a good problem to have.

Another AWESOME creation 'ACPin'.....a great scene done from Episode Two.

Can't wait to see your next MOC......may the brick be with you 'ACPin' ! :grin:

Hey AC Pin! Great to see a familiar face since I'm really new here. I really like this one and prefer it to your earlier droid factory diorama, mainly because this depicts Anakin and Padme on the conveyor belt - the scene that immediately comes to mind when one thinks "Geonosian droid factory". The thing about a lot of your work that makes it so good is that they're not so much dioramas or vignettes as environments and atmospheres, but each with tremendous attention to detail. I like the droid fabrication "moulds", and each of the stamp gantries complete with spring mechanism. However, with a creation like this one, a lot seems to be happening at once, and it's hard to draw the focus to just Anakin and Padme - but this is a good problem to have.

Welcome to EB and you've essentially described what I wanted to convey in this scene. Of course in the movie, the action between the two alternates so kinda merged the scenes for both.

Don't know if you've seen the other works, but you're more than welcome to view them when you got time.

Another AWESOME creation 'ACPin'.....a great scene done from Episode Two.

Can't wait to see your next MOC......may the brick be with you 'ACPin' ! :grin:

Haven't done much on AOTC so likely to do some more for it.

Loving these Geonosis Mocs your doing AC! :wub: Keep it up man!

CF

Still debating on whether to do another scene relating to this and the previous one... :wink:

AC

Still debating on whether to do another scene relating to this and the previous one... :wink:

Ooh, do the courtroom!