Sign in to follow this  
Pandora

Introducing Mrs Rufus

Hello everybody!

Now that I’ve finally decided to join Eurobricks, I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself. I understand that it’s appreciated to say a little about who you are and how you emerged from your dark-times, so here goes:-

I played with LEGO a lot when I was a kid and the joy of creating endless different townscapes and scenes never really left me. LEGO didn’t feature much in life after childhood, apart from Mejisto the Wizard and the rest of set 6020 who kept me company while at university.

That was until about seven years ago when I met and fell in love with a most dedicated AFOL. You know him here as Rufus. His passion for LEGO building and creating rekindled my own and my interest has been increasing exponentially over the last few years. I live surrounded by LEGO, it’s everywhere and such a huge part of both our lives. I’m not here as a passenger, though, because a substantial amount of LEGO in our house is MINE!

My interest is mostly in townscapes – for instance I love Miniland at Legoland (incidentally the first time Rufus and I went away together, we went to Legoland and I’ve since taken him back for his birthday) and I also enjoy building houses such as the beach house, but I have a somewhat esoteric collection spanning creators, pirates, kingdom and Harry Potter. I have many sets yet to build including Cafe Corner and Medieval Market Village (to Rufus’ mounting frustration.)

My other LEGO-related interests include video games:

5418452579_49c522c9d1.jpg

and fridge magnets (not limited to LEGO):

5419050334_a853b325cc.jpg

As some of you may know, Rufus and I got married last year, and LEGO understandably played a notable part at our wedding. Rufus’ photography and photoshop skills were employed to make the table-plan and table identifiers, and we gave packets of series 2 minifigs as wedding favours to our guests (sacrilege! I hear you shout):

5419094306_f3b9f46123.jpg

5418946956_034a711366.jpg

So this is me, I will probably end up all over the place, but I especially like looking at MOCs (I Scream Clone’s Terra Volcanis still fills me with awe and Hinckley’s Fabuland MOCs are wonderful) and enjoy viewing all the various competition entries. Who knows, I may even venture into MOCs, reviews and competitions, but I’ll have to seriously develop my creativity to fit in with the current high standard. One last thing. I’m becoming seriously addicted to mafia games. I was hooked to def’s stunning asylum mafia and am now really enjoying JimButcher’s werewolf mafia. Don’t be surprised when I start asking to play, and Rufus and I have already discussed many ideas for mafia games to collaborate on.....

Thanks for reading, I’m off to get my pink star!

Welcome to Eurobricks Pandora, fantastic introduction! :sweet:

One more EB couple, that's wonderful! It's great that you and Rufus share the same hobby (not so great for your budget though :grin: ) and as far as I can see you are already familiar with this place. :thumbup:

Enjoy your stay and have a great time in here!

As some of you may know, Rufus and I got married last year, and LEGO understandably played a notable part at our wedding. Rufus’ photography and photoshop skills were employed to make the table-plan and table identifiers, and we gave packets of series 2 minifigs as wedding favours to our guests (sacrilege! I hear you shout):

:wub:

What a fantastic idea! AFOLs all the way!

Hello Mrs. R.! Good to see you join our friendly community. As Zorbas already indicated, your elaborate introduction was an entertaining read. And handing out Collectible Minifigs as gifts is a great idea. :sweet:

What a way to kick things off here! Welcome to EB. I see you're already very familiar to this site, so have fun!

P.S. I envy your magnet collection :devil:

Thank you all so much, I've surprised myself in how glad I am to be an official EBer and not just an anonymous guest! I have seen, through Rufus, what a great AFOL community this is and I'm very pleased and proud to finally be part of it.

I wanted to make a good first impression hence the full introduction; I can't let Rufus down!

prateek - the magnet collection is the most prized of all my LEGO, especially the shiny, shiny stormtrooper, it's a great way for me to combine two loves in one (I'll spare you pictures of the others) but I'd defend them to the death :tongue:

Yay! Welcome Mrs. Rufus Pandora! Hope you become active here, whether it be MOCing or just discussing this great hobby.

Yay! :wub:

You realise we're in for trouble now, for giving away all of those figs? :laugh:

Oh, and watch out for all the cocks and applesauce :look:

:wub:

Hello there, Mrs Rufus! :wub:

We are very pleased to have someone like you to join our small little global community where we all can share our LEGO fanatic interest together. Your introduction was simply fabulous and I envy Rufus for having a wonderful half like yourself.

Enjoy your stay with us and I will be looking forward to see you around. :grin:

Yay! Welcome Mrs. Rufus Pandora! Hope you become active here, whether it be MOCing or just discussing this great hobby.

Thank you, mostly I'll be lurking in your thrilling mafia :classic:

Welcome! You'll not find a better internet community anywhere.

I totally agree!

Hello there, Mrs Rufus! :wub:

We are very pleased to have someone like you to join our small little global community where we all can share our LEGO fanatic interest together. Your introduction was simply fabulous and I envy Rufus for having a wonderful half like yourself.

Enjoy your stay with us and I will be looking forward to see you around. :grin:

Awww :blush: Thanks Fangy (if I may be so presumptuous!)

Oh, and watch out for all the cocks and applesauce :look:

I'm rather looking forward to meeting Hinckley... :devil:

Awww :blush: Thanks Fangy (if I may be so presumptuous!)

Of course, you may. (Presume that you heard from Rufus) :tongue:

I'm rather looking forward to meeting Hinckley... :devil:

I couldn't encourage that. :devil:

:laugh:

Hello Mrs Rufus!

It's so nice to read you are also a LEGO addict, just like your husband, and that you've decided to join Eurobricks.

Will you accompany Mr Rufus to the Eurobricks event in Windsor?

Hello Mrs Rufus!

It's so nice to read you are also a LEGO addict, just like your husband, and that you've decided to join Eurobricks.

Thank you, I'm honoured!

Will you accompany Mr Rufus to the Eurobricks event in Windsor?

I really, really want to, but I have to shuffle some work committments around. I'd also like us to go to Brickworld but that will involve super-shuffling :sceptic:

Most welcome, Pandora!

I'm sure you will find much fun to read about here now that you are here on your own and don't have to look over the shoulder of Rufus :wink:

I definitely don't think giving away minifigs are sacrilegious, it's the perfect small gift for anyone! :sweet: I've given away some to non-AFOL friends myself and they have always been well appreciated. It's even more fun when you can give minifigs that really fits the person. for example I gave the Surfer fig to a friend who surfs himself and the Sumo to a friend who is very interested in Japan.

However, leaving a set like Medieval Market Village unopened is a serious "crime" according to me :devil::tongue:

I really, really want to, but I have to shuffle some work committments around. I'd also like us to go to Brickworld but that will involve super-shuffling :sceptic:

I hope the shuffle works because then we might meet at Windsor :classic:

Welcome, Mrs. Rufus! Or Pandora, whichever you prefer. It's great to have another EB couple! Rufus is lucky, all us men hope to find the perfect SheFOL!

I love the idea of having series two minifigures as wedding favors.... :wub: That's not what I'd call sacrilege! I hope to see you around in the Mafia Forum, I've recently succumbed to it's charms as well... :wink:

Welcome again, it's good to have you here!

A most hearty welcome Pandora! YAY for EB couples :wub: , it is so sweet to see when two people can come together over such a great hobby (lifestyle).

I look forward to seeing you around a lot, and I do hope you do start can MOCing and making reviews. Your photography and writing skills are already tiptop so don't be intimidated! :thumbup:

Welcome to the great world of Eurobricks Pandora :thumbup:

Things can get very interesting around here.....especially concerning the staff :wink:

Welcome aboard. Nice idea with mini fig 2. Did you have a Lego related wedding cake topper?

Welcome to the forums Pandora! It's always great to see a member's beloved one enjoying and supporting his hubby's Lego passion. I could very well relate since my wife-to-be also joined EB several months ago. I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it in here, as much as Mr. Rufus has been enjoying the site for quite some time now. Hope to see you around! :classic:

Welcome Pandora! I love your husband. :wub:

When will you be joining us in the mafia forum? :grin:

Welcome to EB! I wasn't aware the degree to which Lego had taken over Rufus' life!

Lovely pics, and I look forward to you and Rufus fighting in the next mafia game :thumbup:

However, leaving a set like Medieval Market Village unopened is a serious "crime" according to me :devil::tongue:

Eeek! I might make it a review, although it's already been done twice.

Rufus is lucky

Yes. Yes he is. :laugh:

I look forward to seeing you around a lot, and I do hope you do start can MOCing and making reviews. Your photography and writing skills are already tiptop so don't be intimidated! :thumbup:

Thnks Cutlass Iz, that means a lot as I know you have high standards :sweet:

Did you have a Lego related wedding cake topper?

:laugh: No, but I investigated it.

Welcome Pandora! I love your husband. :wub:

Me too. I can share! :laugh: I love your sense of humour! :grin:

When will you be joining us in the mafia forum? :grin:

Just lurking there for now, and there are other things I want to look at, too.

Welcome to EB! I wasn't aware the degree to which Lego had taken over Rufus' life!

Lovely pics, and I look forward to you and Rufus fighting in the next mafia game :thumbup:

Thanks def! :wub: We'll not be fighting together - there's no way he'd be able to lie directly to my face! We've already agreed that it'd be luck of the draw and the host's discretion, so I'm quite happy to wait my turn.

Once again, thank you very much to everyone for all your warm welcome messages, it actually makes me even more proud of Rufus, and I'm glad I included some photos but I'm still at the absolute beginning with photoshop.

Thank you all again, and I'm sure I'll see you all around! :classic:

Welcome to Eurobricks Pandora, this is certainly the best FOL site around and I am sure you will love it here. Oh and I can't wait to see your impressive skills in future Mafia Games. :classic:

Hi Pandora, we already met during your quest for a Pink star :laugh: . Anyway, here is my official Welcome to Eurobricks, and congratulations to you and Rufus for being such a great AFOL couple :thumbup: