Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Nine

Could I get a refresher of the first floor, then head up the stairs?

Stevie takes a broom from the closet, and pokes the walls with them. There's no hollowed out places in the wall.

What was wrong with the one from Alan Simmons' house?

Before heading upstairs, I would like to search through the weeds and plants in the backyard, then head upstairs.

I would like to proceed to the next floor and have a description of the surroundings.

With his permission, I would like to visit Mr Falzone's dwelling.

Walking up to the second floor, there's another staircase leading to the third floor. There's also two doors, and a small hallway. Farmer Alan enters the Falzone apartment. It's a one room studio, with a small bathroom in the corner, and a few windows looking out over the town. There's a bed near the windows, and a kitchen on one side of the wall. There's a radio, and a sofa near the door, and a small coat hanger area.

Could I get a refresher of the first floor, then head up the stairs?

The first floor is a long hallway, with a staircase upstairs in front, and under the staircase a closet. There's access to the backyard at the end of the hallway. There's also four mailboxes.

What was wrong with the one from Alan Simmons' house?

It wasn't good enough.

Before heading upstairs, I would like to search through the weeds and plants in the backyard, then head upstairs.

There's nothing curious hidden in the weeds or the plants in the backyard.

Can we enter the empty flat? Who exactly owns the building?

Sure, why not.

"I own the entire building." Dieter says.

First, I would like to check the radio, and see which channel its on (same as the broken one?). Then, using the screwdriver I stole from the toolbox, unscrew the back of the radio and check inside of it.

Let's enter the empty apartment! (no flats in America, folks)

While I'm in Mr Falzone's apartment, I would like to look for any pieces of paper, letters or books. I would like to check under the pillow and under the bed for objects.

Also, are there any cupboards in the bathroom or the kitchen? Any clothes on the coat hanger?

First, I would like to check the radio, and see which channel its on (same as the broken one?). Then, using the screwdriver I stole from the toolbox, unscrew the back of the radio and check inside of it.

The radio is on a different station from the broken one. It's on a rock n' roll channel. Using the screwdriver, there's nothing inside the radio.

Let's enter the empty apartment! (no flats in America, folks)

Dolores enters the empty apartment. It's dusty, as though it's been empty for quite sometime. There's a few covered up pieces of furniture all over the apartment. Other than that, it's a mirror image of James Falzone's apartment.

While I'm in Mr Falzone's apartment, I would like to look for any pieces of paper, letters or books. I would like to check under the pillow and under the bed for objects.

Also, are there any cupboards in the bathroom or the kitchen? Any clothes on the coat hanger?

There's only a few books on a table next to his couch. There's a shopping list on his kitchen counter as well. Checking under the pillow yields nothing. Under the bed is a box of clothes. The are cupboards in the kitchen, but not the bathroom. Entering the bathroom, its small, but manageable. There's a shower, a sink, and a toilet. There's a jacket on the coat hanger.

There's only a few books on a table next to his couch. There's a shopping list on his kitchen counter as well. Checking under the pillow yields nothing. Under the bed is a box of clothes. The are cupboards in the kitchen, but not the bathroom. Entering the bathroom, its small, but manageable. There's a shower, a sink, and a toilet. There's a jacket on the coat hanger.

I would like to read the titles of the books, as well as to browse them quickly for anything that stands out (bookmarks, notes).

When I'm done I would like to read the shopping list, and compare the writing and the type of paper to the notes that we have gathered previously.

When Simmons is done I'd like to take the list from him and hold it up against the light to see if there's a hidden message, then look for things hidden in the box of clothes.

When Simmons is done I'd like to take the list from him and hold it up against the light to see if there's a hidden message, then look for things hidden in the box of clothes.

Er.... When Simmons is done I'd like to take the list from his and hold it up against the light to see if there's a hidden message, then look for things hidden in the box of clothes.

I shall look inside the jacket pockets for anything of interest and read any notes that I may find.

I'll then look inside the kitchen cupboards.

I'd like to check which builidings you see while looking through the windows.

Looking out the window, Krista sees the Fire Department, the Department Store, and the hospital.

I would like to read the titles of the books, as well as to browse them quickly for anything that stands out (bookmarks, notes).

When I'm done I would like to read the shopping list, and compare the writing and the type of paper to the notes that we have gathered previously.

There's Romeo and Juliet, as well as Hamlet, Macbeth, and Richard III. It would appear that our manly dock worker fancies himself a Shakespearian. There's nothing that stands out, and the shopping list has a few items like: eggs, milk, and butter. The writing on the list does not compare to the notes found.

I would like to search through the box of clothes under the bed.

Gloria and Stevie rummage through the box, but can't find anything other than clothes. Mr. Falzone doesn't have an extensive wardrobe either. It's mostly jackets and sweaters, however everything appears to be in order.

Er.... When Simmons is done I'd like to take the list from his and hold it up against the light to see if there's a hidden message, then look for things hidden in the box of clothes.

It's okay if it's not in italics every once in awhile, I knew what you meant. Holding the list up to light yields no hidden messages.

I shall look inside the jacket pockets for anything of interest and read any notes that I may find.

I'll then look inside the kitchen cupboards.

Captain Garrison looks inside the jacket pockets, but cannot find anything of interest except for some change and a peppermint. Looking inside the kitchen cupboards yields only glassware and other dishes.

Dolores enters the empty apartment. It's dusty, as though it's been empty for quite sometime. There's a few covered up pieces of furniture all over the apartment. Other than that, it's a mirror image of James Falzone's apartment.

Are there any traces of movement in the apartment? Footprints, places where the dust has been removed?

If not, I'd like to remove the furniture covers, to see the condition of the pieces.

There's Romeo and Juliet, as well as Hamlet, Macbeth, and Richard III.

I'd like to look though the books to see if there's any notes, drawings, ect., then ask if I can borrow Macbeth for school.

Are there any traces of movement in the apartment? Footprints, places where the dust has been removed?

If not, I'd like to remove the furniture covers, to see the condition of the pieces.

There are a few footprints in the apartment that lead towards the window. Then, lifting the furniture covers shows a few chairs, a table, and a sofa. The pieces of furniture appear to be in good condition.

I would like to enter the empty apartment and check the doors and windows to see if any of the locks are broken.

Entering the empty apartment, Frankie checks the doors and windows. Only the lock on the window where the footprints lead is broken.

I'd like to look though the books to see if there's any notes, drawings, ect., then ask if I can borrow Macbeth for school.

Opening the books, it's apparent that they haven't been drawn in. Stevie asks if he can borrow Macbeth, but James gives him a dirty look, and Stevie realizes he shouldn't ask again.

Well I am ready to move on to the next residence.

I would like to thank Mr Falzone for allowing us to visit his apartment, and I would like to enter Mr Schneider's residence. I would like a general description of the place.

Wait, footprints in the empty apartment?

Can we tell where the footprints originated? When looking out the window, what can we see? The Firehouse Roof, perhaps?

Dieter, has anyone looked into renting the apartment recently? Does anyone besides you have a key to this apartment?

Officer Fileds or Harrison, someone check the lock to the aprtment to see if it has been picked.

There are footprints in the empty apartment? peculiar...

First, i would like to know if there is a fire escape from this window to get to the roof. Then I would like everyone to place their feet into one of the footprints, and see of there is a match. Also, check the pattern of the footprints/our shoes.

Officer Fileds or Harrison, someone check the lock to the aprtment to see if it has been picked.

Carefully I would like to check the lock, then have the new chief look at it.

I would like to know if the General knows the loyalty of the deceased yet.

Hmm... I think it would be best if everyone stays away from the footprints. Don't want to damage evidence.

Well I am ready to move on to the next residence.

I would like to thank Mr Falzone for allowing us to visit his apartment, and I would like to enter Mr Schneider's residence. I would like a general description of the place.

Farmer Alan enters Dieter's house. It's slightly larger than James', and has a table with a single chair. There's a circular rug with a recliner across from a small television set. There's also a radiator near the window. Mr. Schneider's kitchen is much larger, and has a stove top, an oven, a refrigerator, and a multitude of cabinets. There's also a few spice racks and a fruit bowl. Above the cabinets are a plethora of cookbooks. Dieter's bathroom is in the corner of the apartment, and there's a queen sized bed against the wall, with a nightstand and lamps on it.

Wait, footprints in the empty apartment?

Can we tell where the footprints originated? When looking out the window, what can we see? The Firehouse Roof, perhaps?

Dieter, has anyone looked into renting the apartment recently? Does anyone besides you have a key to this apartment?

The footprints originated at the door. When looking out the window, the town fountain is seen, but the roof of the buildings across the street are not visible.

"I can't recall anyone renting the apartment. I have both keys, the owner gave me his key when he left."

Carefully I would like to check the lock, then have the new chief look at it.

I would like to know if the General knows the loyalty of the deceased yet.

Hmm... I think it would be best if everyone stays away from the footprints. Don't want to damage evidence.

The lock has indeed been picked. Chief Fields checks the lock, and agrees with Officer Harrison's conclusion.

"The General isn't here." Captain Garrison says.