Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

Geonosian Droid Machimery

gallery_101_23_281.gif

After having done the previous MOC, it got me thinking about an old MOC from 2004 that I've done which should be ready for a makeover. The links from the LUGNET post don't work anymore as they were the old web provider that I ditched but some pics still exist in Brickshelf.

Prepared to be shocked as these were from the early years and looking at these made me wonder "What was I thinking when I did these?". *huh*

geonosiandm-a1-28.jpg

geonosiandm-a1c-31.jpg

geonosiandm-b2-24.jpg

geonosiandm-b2c-18.jpg

geonosiandm-b6-45.jpg

Now that you've seen the crude MOCs and had a good laugh as I did :laugh:, will you be ready when the new one is done? :grin:

AC

PS. Pics are not links but you should be able to figure out Brickshelf if you want to find more old stuff that I did which were never moved to the new website for obvious reasons.

It doesn't look that bad. I get the scenes and general picture.

But I can't wait to see what the renovated one will look like. :sweet:

It's actually great to see the 'beginnings' of a MOC Expert like you AC, and this is certainly a very well done build even by today's standard. We'll definitely look forward for your updated version of this one! :thumbup:

It doesn't look that bad. I get the scenes and general picture.

But I can't wait to see what the renovated one will look like. :sweet:

The underlying theme of the scene was there but the execution may not have been the best. Come to think of it, I didn't have much brick inventory at my disposal at that time and just used whatever was I seemed fit the purpose.

It's actually great to see the 'beginnings' of a MOC Expert like you AC, and this is certainly a very well done build even by today's standard. We'll definitely look forward for your updated version of this one! :thumbup:

Funny that you mention about today's standard for MOCs, SNOT wasn't even done as much then as it is now and that's why all the studs showing make it look unfinished. There are some elements in the scene that I've chosen to retain and those filler brown slopes are certainly not going in the new MOC. :grin:

Keep posted as it shouldn't take long before the makeover is done.

AC

will you be ready when the new one is done? default_laugh2.gif

Very default_laugh2.gif

That's a pretty busy little MOC. It would be sweet if the pictures were better quality- but obviously that's not possible now. If nothing else, the work is... interesting default_tong.gif

Very default_laugh2.gif

That's a pretty busy little MOC. It would be sweet if the pictures were better quality- but obviously that's not possible now. If nothing else, the work is... interesting default_tong.gif

Yes, too busy and what I got then was just a 2megapixel camera.

While I know it's not your best MOC, or photography, it's still very neat looking. :thumbup: And pretty accurate too.

Idea was good at that time and got better camera now.

AC

PS. Makeover completed!