David Thomsen

How does the POTC theme fit into your world?

90 members have voted

1. 1. How will POTC apply to your collection?

• Remove the flesh parts from the POTC sets and use everything else to compliment my classic pirates.
    • Modify the flesh parts of the POTC theme to yellow and mix it all with classic pirates.
    • Remove the yellow minifigs from the classic pirate sets and use everything else to compliment the POTC theme.
    • Mix yellow pirates and flesh pirates together - colour means nothing to me.
    • I'm not interested in the POTC sets, but will acquire some of the new pieces for my classic pirates.
    • I'm not interested in the POTC sets and am not interested in the new pieces. Classic pirates is over for now, and so is my interest.
    • I'll buy sets if they have enough nice pieces for MOC work. I might place a few orders on BrickLink.
    • My lego buying habits are ruled by external factors - what I can afford, what is on special, what I have enough room for. I really can't plan ahead.
    • Undecided.

I wonder how many sets they can possibly make. I guess as long as the movies are rolling out, they can keep making new and more sets.

I'll buy them, build them, gaze them in awe for a while and then dismantle them for later use in MOCs. Where's the poll option for that? :tongue:

I really wish that people will not throw away or destroy the minifigs simply because of the color of their skin. Do you have any idea how much the figs will be worth in a couple of years (if you aren't planning on keeping them, that is)?

I will buy the Ships and keep them together. I am interested in the new Red Coat Officer Torso. Mainly I care about having every LEGO pirate ship ever made, and this counts though I am not too thrilled about the release overall. I do however totally understand why LEGO did it.

-martinsuper

I will get some of the sets because I like some of the sets... while I read the Pirates board (because I love the ships), I have not collected many of the sets. I wish I had more, but the greatest so far is the Imperial Flagship, which is destined for display.... just like the POTC sets I get. They do not have to match.

I'll definitely get some sets, even if its just for the bucket and the globe.

YEsterday I changed all the Imperial Flagship and Brickbeards Ship crewmembers to flesh faced figs and they really look cool. So no sorrow, the PotC sets will fit in perfectly.

I see myself getting Whitecap Bay, The Mill and possibly The Cannibal Escape.

Whitecap Bay looks like a nice castle gate and tower. Mermaids will join my growing fantasy minifigs. I could use the boats and net for my fishing peasants.

The Mill gives me another fantasy minifig with that seashell guy. And those gray panel pieces will benefit future castles.

For the cannibal escape, I get two natives. I don't think I want more than two, but they could be useful. And lots of nice tree pieces. This is the least likely set I will buy of the three. The rest I will probably not get.

I'm going to try and get the ones I can (Definitely the ship so I have some more of the prefab hull parts), mostly just for the parts to be used in normal pirates MOCs, unfortunately I won't be able to use the fleshie minifigs because I would have to remove the hands from the torsos, and I don't do that since it damages the arms. I might use those for like realistic stuff.

I'll probably just buy all pieces I need from Bricklink, maybe go for the captain's cabin...

I think the parts is the only good thing about PotC, the sets are below average imo and I don't like sets anyway. :pir-sceptic:

Hmm... Interresting Poll and Topic :thumbup:

I'm not usually surfing this forum on Eurobricks but I thought this deserved some attention !

I'm a LEGO Liscended Brickfilmer, especially Harry Potter ! I never liked Yellows and I have now come to the point that whenever I buy a new set, I directly throw the Yellow figs part into a seperate box and never open it again !

I never use Yellow in my Brickfilms : Only Fleshies ladies and gentlemen. Pirates of the carrabean is soo welcome for me for that reason. I've seen the films and enjoyed them. These new parts, excelent hairpieces, and great fleshy heads will fit in perfectly into my collection. I'll probably get one or two small sets to get a Captain Jack, can't resist having him make a cameo appearance in one of my Brickfilms :laugh:

I will get some of the sets. There are fantastic pieces like the clobe but also fantastic structure.

I love Sets like QAR, Whitecap Bay and The London Escape (However, I am going to replace the PotC Minifigs)!

Isla de la Muerta, Fountain of Youth and Captains Cabins are some sets I will buy as well, but only for getting some pieces like the clobe, ships in a bottle and the Captain Barbossa minifig.

Edited by josykay

I'm a LEGO Liscended Brickfilmer, especially Harry Potter ! I never liked Yellows and I have now come to the point that whenever I buy a new set, I directly throw the Yellow figs part into a seperate box and never open it again !

I never use Yellow in my Brickfilms : Only Fleshies ladies and gentlemen. Pirates of the carrabean is soo welcome for me for that reason. I've seen the films and enjoyed them. These new parts, excelent hairpieces, and great fleshy heads will fit in perfectly into my collection. I'll probably get one or two small sets to get a Captain Jack, can't resist having him make a cameo appearance in one of my Brickfilms :laugh:

I am a new Lego fanatic, and I agree. Of all the sets I bought the past two years, the movie themed figs are most appealing. So the sets that I build, I always include flesh faced figs. The Imperial Flagship and Brickbeard's Ship both now have figs out of my PoP and SW boxes.

Being the old trafitionalist that i am, i'll probably buy a couple of the sets (not sure which, depends upon my budget at the time!) and replace the fleshy pieces with yellow coloured ones if i do end up mixing them in with my other pirates - although its possible that i'll just keep the sets intact and seperate, as i find that buying smaller sets and using them for "decorational purposes" is the easiest way to get my girlfriend to agree to my lego addiction these days. I think she'll be converted one day, as she's starting to get quite excited about opening packets from the minifigures series to see what we've got :P.

Edited by Duck

Im just going to display PotC separately to my other pirates

If i need to ill take a few of the nice accessories thouigh, e.g. bottles :pir-sweet: