Sign in to follow this  
Marco86

Where is the Enchanted Island?

I have got this doubt: which animals could I put in this set?

So, I have to understand where is this island, in order to provide the correct fauna.

It could be South America, South Pacific, Oceania, Asia... for me.

Skin colour doesn't help me.

Where do you imagine this island to be?

I would definitely say somewhere in the Caribbean, or maybe South America.

That's what I always assumed anyway. :pir-classic:

The Enchanted Isles...isn't that another name for the Galapagos Islands?

Well, I think the caribbean would be good. I think a quick google or wikipedia search will show you what kind of fauna can be found there.

I always thought the Islanders were based of Polynesian tribes. The dress, design motifs, and statues resemble more of the Polynesian culture than the Caribs of the Caribbean IMO. Either way, crocodiles, parrots, pigs, dogs, and chickens are a good choice.

I seem to recall there being a court case against Lego at some point over the name Kahuka - as it was allegedly a bastardised Polynesian name. And there's the answer.

Of course, the sets don't draw on just one source - there's clear elements of Easter Island in some, whilst in others it has a very Caribbean aesthetic.

Of course, the sets don't draw on just one source - there's clear elements of Easter Island in some, whilst in others it has a very Caribbean aesthetic.

I'm curious to what "Caribbean aesthetic" you're referring to. I also noticed in a catalog picture that there is a volcano in the background which would reinforce the Polynesian argument. Also the catamaran is a quintessential Polynesian feature.