Sign in to follow this  
DLuders

djtermoz's Terex ASV ST-50 Scout with Trailer

On his Brickshelf gallery, djtermoz posted 18 pictures and a

of his "Small utility vehicle Terex ASV ST-50 Scout with trailer." He also has posted LDRAW files for both portions, so you can built this yourself. :classic: Lego Power Functions elements are packed into a small package.

03_st50.jpgst50trailer.jpgterexst50_3d.pngterexst50trailer_3d.png

This reminds me of mahjqa's Igniz, which is a good thing.

The integration of all the Power Functions needed for remote-control is very good; something I've found quite challenging.

Hi,

Welcome to EB!

Please be careful with bumping a four year old topic. Read the site guidelines mentioned in my signature.

Have fun!

I have to be honest. I read the guildelines and they are sufficiently vague. I didn't really get any clarity on the issue. Really the only main message I got was for old topics one should not post on the specific "themes" forum, these topics seem to go fast and therefore things get bumped rapidly. However, not posting on a specialized Technic forum I think would greatly reduce the OP's chances to get his/her question answered. Given the nature of the question. Kind of confusing......

I think he is talking about that 4-years old MOC, but if no one know this moc, it is a good thing that someone start a discussion about it IMO

My sincere apologies. I am one of the original engineers for the project from ASV and was just wondering how it was built.

No worries. Just a friendly warning about bumping topics.

Interesting you were one of the engineers. Maybe you can tell us a bit more about the actual vehicle and/or project :wink:

Just came across this. It was mentioned files that can be downloaded. Where could I find them?

To answer your initial question - here (it is mentioned in the first post ;) ), look for *.ldr files.

It was a concept vehicle that was brought to production in 2006-2007 timeframe. The idea was to have a tracked machine with low ground pressure that could support a number of different platforms. It was never a great selling unit, maybe 200 units were produced. It was called the Scout in development, later changed to SC-50, and later to the ST-50 when ASV changed the logo. In 2008, Terex bought out ASV. It was then changed from yellow body panels to white, but retained the name ST-50. It was eventually pilled from the product listing.

Here are a few pictures of the Scout wit bot conceptual and production options.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/46332771@N03/sets/72157653052586856

Thee is one picture of an RC-60 CTL loading a SC-50 with dirt. I would love to see one of those made in Lego.

Thanks.

Found the *.ldr files. Didn't know what to open them with. Would system would I need to open them?

Found the *.ldr files. Didn't know what to open them with. Would system would I need to open them?
MLCad?