Oky

WINTER BREAK: Flourish & Blotts

Hello and welcome to Flourish and Blotts, the best wizarding bookstore in England! Located in Diagon Alley, this store is where most Hogwarts students purchase their schoolbooks, including Harry Potter and his friends.

p1090151_small.jpg

Think it looks impressive from the outside? Wait 'til you see the intside! And look, Gilderoy Lockhart is holding a book signing here today!

p1090157_small.jpg

While Mrs. Weasley, the other witches, and the reporter from the Daily Prophet gather around Lockhart, Harry and his friends meet their foes, the Malfoys. Little Ginny is about to get a dangerous present...

p1090168_small.jpg

Meanwhile on the second story, a Chinese student is getting attacked by the Monster Book of Monsters while another customer literally stumbles upon the Invisible Books of Invisibility which the store had misplaced some time ago.

p1090177_small.jpg

The door behind Lockhart leads to a room in the back of the store where the store owner can retreat to. There's a desk for doing paper work, a cozy little fireplace, and lots of other things.

p1090179_small.jpg

Click the pics for hi-res versions. For more images, visit this Brickshelf folder.

Have a magical Harry Potter Month! :classic:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Excellent entry Oky! I simply love the use of those pearl gold pieces in the front, as well as the curved window panels, though I think it would look better if it were a bit taller - an additional white window panel will be a good height. The interiors are just wonderful, the book shelves in the second level and the staircase are all very well done. Great work so far, looking forward for more close-up shots. :thumbup:

Brilliant! I think this is excellent, Exterior is great and the interior is even better! Well done.

Very well done, I like the golden domes on top of the bay windows and an innovative idea to use the large tiles as roof pieces.

Nice! At least three of the entries use dark orange in significant quantities (take note TLG :wink: ). I like the way you saved on parts with the roof

Wow! I love the way you have the colorful flat tiles for use as shelved books. Brilliant use of the tiles.

There is so much to gawk at; in particular, the curved staircase.

Also like the second story, from which minifigure Draco can look down on and snear at the events below.

Lovely job!

Edited by ybmagpye

Hey this was a missing house/shop, isn´t it?

Fine build! The usage of the golden flexible bar as a handrail looks very good and fits perfect in the brick limit :thumbup:

Same for the ninja panel behind the books :wink:

Wow, Great entry Oky !

I love the outside, it's original and sweet !

The Inside is lovely too. It has the right Harry potter-ish feel to it, and it's quite true to the Movie. I can already remind me of Draco standing on top of the stairs at the balconies, watching the scene.

These Witches do look awfully exited :wink:

Excelent job, and good luck in the contest !

Excellent entry! Both the exterior and the interior look great, with the interior being highly detailed and realistic. :thumbup:

Extremely well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Thanks, guys. The first post has been updated with more pics! Please take a look and let me know what you think! :classic:

I simply love the use of those pearl gold pieces in the front, as well as the curved window panels, though I think it would look better if it were a bit taller - an additional white window panel will be a good height.

Hm, now that you mention it, the windows could have indeed been higher. Oh well, they don't look too bad IMO.

Hey this was a missing house/shop, isn´t it?

Yeah, I guess I was the only one who was brave enough to do something as boring as a bookstore. :grin: Hopefully my bravery will pay off.

Even though it's too late for revisions, please keep the comments coming!

Great job, Oky! I love reading about this magical book store and they made it looking great in the film. You've managed to give me the same feeling. The outside looks magical with the different windows on the side, the lower is very nice with those windows and those golden parts. You've saved many parts with the usage of those big tiles but actually it fits pretty well.

What I especially like is the charming interior! What a lovely representation of the book store! The brown, gold and tan combines so good. I like all the little details, the various books laying around and those giant books on the shelves look actually very good (nice job for saving parts again). The scene looks very much like in the film, you even got a photographer! I also like the references to the monster book and the invisible book.

Awesome job and good luck in the contest! :laugh:

Fantastic entry Oky! So many lovely detailing and, as usual, the entire build itself is top notch and very proffesional, as well as movie accurate! :sweet:

Good luck in the contest buddy! :thumbup:

wow there is a lot of detail in this. you set up the scene marvelously I must say! hats off to you sir.