Choose the next UCS for 2007  

113 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best contender ?

• R2-D2
    • RX-6
    • Vulture Droid Starfighter
    • Electronic AT-AT walker (with 2 MF)
    • None of the above

Starwars.com has launched a poll to help determine the future UCS set for 2007 !!

You can cast your vote here !!

So in this spirit, EB will have a poll as well which includes a "non of the above" option ;-)

Here are the pics of the 2007 contenders

Cast your votes and discuss it ;-)

*yoda*

post-255-1149659930_thumb.jpg

post-255-1149659943_thumb.jpg

post-255-1149659960_thumb.jpg

post-255-1149659975_thumb.jpg

I voted for R2.

Non of these sets really caught my imagination

and the AT-AT is just the same as the Dark side developer kit...

ok... i think we already know what will win here...

none of the above me as well... g... i wonder how many parts that set will have! :-P

NONE OF THE ABOVE!

That's more like it deino.gif

At the very least they could just reissue or redo the X-Wing and TIE Interceptor :-/

well I just don't think they fit. I wouldn't mind another mindstorm set, but they could have found something innvative, not a reissue. If I had been force to pick one, I would have gone with this one though. As for the rest, well... I think I would just have prefered a rebel transport, or another big amiral ship, maybe a calamari cruiser or something similar (why not a nebulon fregate, everyone likes it !)

On SW.com I would've voted for the Vulture Droid if I were a member. Only real spaceship in there. Over here, it's 'none of the above' though.

I voted for the AT-AT, since I never got the first one, and this one seems a litle more durable.

My main reason to vote for the AT-AT was that Im mainly into sets with minifgures and not UCS models, even though that they do look cool.

I voted "none of the above" off course !! Its like Nespresso you know, what else :-D :-P !!

First of all the choice of those 4 sets is baaaaad (even thougfh a nice R2 would have been nice) >:-(

Seriously, the PT has very few ships that are nice, and they came with those 2 *wacko*

Also, regarding the essence of UCS (OT sets mind you), the choices are bad as well !! I would have loved either a re-issue of the Xwing (which I don't have) or a Rebel bigger ship (except for the Rebel Transport which I want MF scale *wub* ) like the fregate or cruiser !!

Also, the models shown are really ugly :-X (I hope they are real real preliminary designs) !!

Like i said previously, a good R2 would have been good but that version is bulky and crap !! (it looks like it was made in 1999 *wacko* ). And the AT-AT is sooo :-X

At least, regarding those crappy models, 2007 will be a UCS free year :-|

SO TLC, back to your design boards and quick !!!

*yoda*

I voted for the AT-AT, since I never got the first one, and this one seems a litle more durable.

My main reason to vote for the AT-AT was that Im mainly into sets with minifgures and not UCS models, even though that they do look cool.

I wouldn't count on a minifigure if the set is a UCS/mindstorm. Still I'll ask about it and tell you the answer

i voted for none of the above here, and the vuture driod on starwars.com. it's a real shame this is the best they can come up with. these are really poor sets compared to some of the sets we already have. why could they have not done a rebel frigate like this or anything else.

BTW, since I voted for "non of the above here", I will abstain to vote on SW.com since I don't like the 4 choices ;-)

*yoda*

BTW, since I voted for "non of the above here", I will abstain to vote on SW.com since I don't like the 4 choices ;-)

*yoda*

well you could always vote for the one that you think is the best parts pack :-P

Lool, no tks mutley :-D

I am not Paying an expensive Licence fee to Lucas for a crappy and expensive set :-P

*yoda*

I wonder why it is that these sets are so bad compared to the usual SW sets (except for the FX-6, but who wants that as a UCS set?). I suggest we inform Steve that the majority of LEGO fans don't want ANY of these, and although one will win, fans are just picking the best out of the worst.

I wonder why it is that these sets are so bad compared to the usual SW sets (except for the FX-6, but who wants that as a UCS set?). I suggest we inform Steve that the majority of LEGO fans don't want ANY of these, and although one will win, fans are just picking the best out of the worst.

well i guess it's really up to starwars.com and fbtb to have a major role in this, but sure, why not, that is, if they haven't figured it out by themselves yet...

you really wonder where these options are coming from...

this is a good idea.. i also don't like them.. the r2d2 is sweet, but not so amazing.. i want more minifig-style sets ;)

you really wonder where these options are coming from...

Yeah, three of them were in the last poll on FBTB (the one where the B-wing and the Ep.III JSF won), and they came in the bottom three positions if I remember correctly. So why are they pushing them out again?

I wouldn't count on a minifigure if the set is a UCS/mindstorm. Still I'll ask about it and tell you the answer

Actually you can see a fleshtoned Lune in pilot suit hanging from below the AT-AT, so there might be a chance that it will come with mf's if it wins the poll.

BTW looking forward to an answer on the matter.

Ok guys, Steve reported that the AT AT should normaly include some minifigs (probably a pilot and luke)

Ok guys, Steve reported that the AT AT should normaly include some minifigs (probably a pilot and luke)

are lego staff likely to read the forums as people here and on fbtb don't seem to impressed with the options

So why release that Mindstorm/UCS crap instead of a Classic MF AT-AT redesign with new figs >:-(

To aggravate fans like me or what ??

Its really stupid (and you probably sense my auto censorship in that word :-| ), because the MF AT-AT would be a real HIT !! So many fans want a new one with new figs. No need for that AT-AT crap (censorship mode here also :-| ) !!

*yoda*

they really should have had a "something else" option.

Thats good to hear!

BTW am I really the only one who dont think that the AT-AT is riddicolus? I agree that it might not be as nice as the old one, but atleast the neck doenst seems to be as flimsy as the old one and the walking mechanism is also a big plus.