WhiteFang

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 3 Building Contest

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 3 Building Contest

[CATEGORY A Entries]

gallery_2351_109_198114.jpg

Category A - Build an 8x8 Vignette

Build an 8x8 vignette from any theme where you could display any of the 16 new Collectable Minifigures from Series 3. It can be Town, Medieval or even Space. As long you are able to relate the chosen theme and minifigures to your audience, then you are on the right track.

Where would you display one of these in the above categories?

gallery_2351_109_63637.jpg

Space Alien ~ Snowboarder ~ Fisherman ~ Samurai Warrior ~ Sumo Wrestler ~ Elf ~ Tribal Chief ~ Rapper

Space Villain ~ Hula Dancer ~ Tennis Player ~ Mummy ~ Gorilla Suit Guy ~ Baseball Player ~ Race Car Driver ~ Pilot

*IMPORTANT NOTE: ONE ENTRY PER POST PER MEMBER IN EACH CATEGORY AND BE SURE TO MENTION WHICH MINIFIGURE YOU BUILT YOUR ENTRY FOR*

Category A - The Rules

1. Build a vignette that measures 8 studs by 8 studs. (No height limit.).
  2. A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigures accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
  3. You may use the same type of minifigure in both categories.
  4. This is a building contest. Be creative. Any themes is allow as long you are able to relate the vignette for the minifigure which you are building for.
  5. No Series 3 minifigures are required. You don't need to own the figure you create a home for, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifigure or it's new accessories/parts from Series 3 in your official entry pictures. You may use accessories that already existed, like the microphone, but not new ones from Series 3 like the longbow, for example. Please note Series 1 and 2 minifigures and parts are allow in this category.
  6. No clone brands or custom parts including decals, stickers, cut outs unless it's official TLG stickers.
  7. Custom parts includes BricksArms, BrickForge, etc.
  8. No placeholder minifigure (Series 3) can be used to reflect the actual position in the entry.
  9. There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the vignette.
  10. Entries are to be posted in this topic.
  11. One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the minifigure you built it for. Include the name (type) of that minifigure and the theme that you have done. Other minifigures may appear in the pictures. You may include up to 2 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
  12. Digital backgrounds are allowed.
  13. No webcam or handphone camera images can be used for the submitted entry. It must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry.
  14. The contest begins now and will end on the 14th of March, 2011 at 1200hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days.
  15. In the event of a tie, the Staff will vote to decide the winner(s) and all Staff decisions are final.
  16. Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.

The Voting!

At the end of the entry period, a posting topic will appear listing the eligible entries for the above categories. Members who joined prior to the start of the contest will then be able to post how they wish to use their 3 points to vote for the entries they like best. A single entry may receive all 3 points, or the points may be divided between 2 or 3 entries, however the voter wishes. Detailed voting rules will be announced at the start of the voting.

It's just that simple!

Please use this thread for any further discussions or questions pertaining to this contest and most of all ...

Have fun!

WhiteFang

Edited by WhiteFang
Deadline extension

Thought I'd get in early, before everyone posts their really awesome stuff and destroys what little confidence I have.

Minifig: Tennis Player

Theme: Tennis Court

2nhgq4p.jpg

zmxwg7.jpg

Real original, I know, but it's my first contest entry. I don't really have that many parts, but I'm happy the way it came out. It'd've looked better in salmon, but that's not a colour that's available in the parts I needed. All fits into an 8 × 8 studs area, save for the minifig arms and the backs of the chairs. Stud on the baseline is for the player. If you haven't noticed, I'm a fan of the classic smiley :classic:

Edited by pinioncorp
Re-host your images or it will be disqualify

Minifig: Snowboarder

Theme: Half-pipe!

snow_b.jpg

A simple entry but I think it does the job quite well. I had this ready for a few days already... I had a feeling this contest was about to be launched!

The small edge on top of the half-pipe allows to place a MF in a great position, but I'm not sure I can post here a picture with a non-Serie 3 MF placeholder... so I encourage you to check it here in my Brickshelf!

Good luck to all with the contest! (And thank you White Fang for once again organizing this!)

Edited by Yatkuu

Yeah, there's always the dilemma: Participate early and risk that you get a better idea later or a competitor making your idea better, or participate late and risk someone else having the same idea, making you look like a copy-cat? Well, guess what, I chose the former with my first Eurobricks competition, so here's my entry:

Minifig: Fisherman

Theme: Town (or Harbor, if you will)

contest3a.jpg

Only got a little overhang with the (quarter-)tree and the other plants, and the backpack. I barely managed to keep the splashing water from overflowing. :wink:

For those who'd like to see the vignette with the fisherman (i.e. a photo that's not part of the official contest entry, if you don't mind), see here...

Minifig: Samurai

Theme: Mountain Shrine

mountain_shrine_1.jpg

mountain_shrine_2.jpg

I'm really quite pleased with how this came out, especially since it's my first contest entry.:laugh:

Thank you so much for making this contest possible, Whitefang!

And Here's my entry.

Minifigure: Pilot

Story: The adventure-seeking pilot is using his hot air balloon to explore the Brickalaya mountains, and the vast Brick woods.

Theme: Adventure/Explorer

img_0693.jpg

img_0689.jpg

Here are deep links to images showing that the balloon does not violate the 2 stud overhang limit.

Edited by WhiteFang
Met the requirements

Minifigure: Elf

Theme: Historic

Story: The Elf practises shooting before he goes into battle, With the help of a local peasant (The apple is supposed to be on top of the peasants head but it doesn't come out very well in the pictures).

eurobricks_contest_-_01.jpg

eurobricks_contest_-_02.jpg

I know it isn't part of the contest but this picture might help you understand the scene with the help of the forestman.

Good luck to every one :thumbup:. Thanks to WhiteFang for the contest.

Thanks, Cb

Ok...this is my entry for the contest. Tried a new way of building - this isn't my usual preferred style. I am pretty amazed by the entries so far - they are good! :)

Minifig: Tribal Chief

Story: The Tribal Chief riding on his steed and holding his trustworthy spear, looking forward to the next challenging adventure that lies waiting in the far horizons.

DSC011911.jpg

DSC011921.jpg

Here is my entry.

Theme: Adventure

Minifig: Gorilla

Sam loved his job at the zoo. In his gorilla costume he could bring so much joy to the children. But after a hit of one of them he changed. He got more and more animal like. One day he vanished. Noone knows where he went. Could his family imagine that he chose an life in the wild misty mountains of the Congo to become the animal he pretends to be for so many years?

5420714155_0c9a89a9de.jpg

Into the Wild 01 by plisskeneb, on Flickr

5420714157_7a1a663e08.jpg

Into the Wild 02 by plisskeneb, on Flickr

5420714161_489c897746.jpg

Into the Wild 03 by plisskeneb, on Flickr

Here is my entry for the contest:

Minifig: Sumo Wrestler

Theme: City

Story: The Sumo Wrestler comes here to train for an upcoming tournament and be reminded of all the past tournaments that he has won...

5422599482_b75bf08c51_z.jpg

Edited by WhiteFang
Met the requirements

Theme: Medieval (fantasy)

Minifig: The Elf

Title: Just one more step...

Story:

Hordes of orcs plague the forests. Here we see one orc in search of the dreaded elves. But he is unaware of how close the elves actually are. Nor does he have any idea about what danger is lingering in the trees. He is just one step away of triggering one of those clever elvish traps...

screen_shot_2011-03-05_at_3.21.36_pm.png

The back side of the vignette shows how the elves molded the tree. It shows the tree-ish stairs, and a basket of cherries (if you're waiting for orcs, you might as well enjoy yourself by eating some nice cherries). It also shows how the trap is attached to the net.

screen_shot_2011-03-05_at_3.20.24_pm.png

On top of the tree sits an old owl. He couldn't care less about the fuzz between orcs and elves...

screen_shot_2011-03-05_at_3.21.57_pm.png

At mods: I carefully placed all the leaves of the tree in order to stay within the two stud overhang limit. If you need extra evidence of this, just let me know.

Edited by KristofBD

Minifigure: Fisherman

Theme: Town, Fishing

"Gone ICE Fishin'"

My Fisherman has gotten tired of fishing in the hot heat and recently has been too sea sick to fish on open water.

So he decided to sit in a cold tiny shack on a frozen lake. BURRRRRRRRRR!

5422355407_618b822f61_z.jpg

5422355561_abffc69666_z.jpg

5422355697_5f972075ee_z.jpg

larger photos at flickr

Thanks!

Edited by SuperBagel

An Island for the "Hula Dancer" Or Island Girl as I prefer to call her.

5423621306_48b0203116_z.jpg

I have built a small part of a well supplied and inhabited sunny tropical island for this Minifig. There are coconut trees and fresh fruit aplenty. She has just been picking a banana and wild cherries.

There is plenty of wildlife about too. Parrots, Ducks, storks, frogs, turtles and more.

5420860823_99fdee2249_z.jpg

Theme: City (micro)

Character: Gorilla Suit Guy

News Flash: King Kong has escaped and is now rampaging though the city ...can we stop this giant gorilla??

Click here to see the Big Monkey!

1297918802m_DISPLAY.jpg

Edited by TazManiac

Here's my entry:

Character: Snowboarder

Theme: Town/Sports

The chairlift takes the snowboarder to the top of the mountain, where she can begin her another daring ride.

00.jpg

02.jpg

The safety bar and the foot rest really work - they can be lifted up to allow the passenger to get out of the chair when she's reached her destination. On the next picture you can see the chair with the restraining bar pushed up: (maybe the snowboarder just jumped out and started her ride prematurely?)

01.jpg

And HERE you can see the chair with a minifig sitting in it (I didn't use the snowboarder here, just some random guy).

There is a slight overhang caused by the hanging chair, but it's smaller than 2 studs. I can provide you with pictures to clarify it if you wish.

Once again, good luck everyone!

Edited by Dreamweb

Here's my entry:

Minifig: Rapper

Theme: Town

In an abandoned factory are two rappers battling themselves in front of some audience, seperated by a glass window to avoid aggressions against the artists.

rap1.jpg

At the ceiling there's an industrial magnet crane and some neon lamps.

rap3.jpg

pic with rapper

Hi, here is my entry:

Theme: Garage

Minifigure: Race car driver

You can see little full equipment garage with go-kart.

5439358132_3a6819867f_z.jpg

5439358446_b503885ab2_z.jpg

I hope that you like it. :classic:

My Flickr

My very first contest entry, so here goes:

Minifig: Fisherman

Theme: City

Fishing in the city is not much fun with all the pollution

post-15950-129761644919.jpg

post-15950-12976164754.jpg

There is some overhang from the fishing rod and the lamppost, which fall within the 2 stud prescribed limit. If you wish, I can provide pictures for clarification.

I hope you all like it, and good luck to everyone.

-TopHat

Minifigure: Elf Warrior

Theme: Town/Lord of the Rings?

Even best friends like Legolas and Gimli have their fights.. this time, it's over who will get their makeup done first. Makeup artist Debbie just wants to get it over with.

01.png

02.png

03.png

-Nuju Metru

Minifigure: fisherman

Theme: City/junkyard :sick:

Mermaid :ˇThere will be no fish till you clean all this junkˇ.

img_0779.jpg

Missing Minifig: Elf

Not satisfied with the competition for vanquishing the most foes during the battle for Helm's Deep, Gimli challenges Legolas to a drinking game.

5447319786_789d70aaec.jpg

5447319576_f3e2ecf16d.jpg

Wow! With all these amazing entries it seems hardly worthing posting mine now! :blush:

Minifig: Rapper

The club is hotting up with the DJ's awesome tunes! He is even accepting requests from the clubbers!

1.jpg

Click here to see with Rapper

Can you spot JD? :tongue: