Dazmundo

Shop Display Sets

Hi all,

I am sure that there must be a thread about this somewhere but I have searched and can't spot it so I have resorted to starting a new thread, I'm sorry please don't shout at me :sceptic:

I may have the chance to pick up a few old glued sets from store displays, is it possible to get the un-glued? I know people have discussed the magnets recently but what about big castles etc?

Cheers

D

They glue Lego display sets? Then again I have had sets fall apart on me at times just picking them up. Those poor bricks. =(.

Supposedly they do, with the same glue used for the magnets, but I've gone by my store a couple times and seen them assembling items to go on display and I've also seen portions of them in the brick grab bags after they're taken off display. :sceptic: I guess maybe the store manager has the option of opening up a couple more sets to display.

Yeah those glued sets are pretty much useless.

Why do they glue them in the first place? Most of them I've seen in TRU are in a display case too so it's not like people can handle it anyways.

Yeah those glued sets are pretty much useless.

Why do they glue them in the first place? Most of them I've seen in TRU are in a display case too so it's not like people can handle it anyways.

At my local Lego store, they have display cases, and the things are obviously not glued down, because some of the minifigs and smaller constructions are knocked on their side all the time. I think they get knocked over from people (mostly kids I think) banging on the display case.

So I think gluing them down prevents them from being knocked over, more than falling apart. Also, they tend to have little levers or wheels you can spin to make vehicles move and stuff like that, which requires being fastened to a boom or lever, etc. I'm talking about the non-Lego store display cases here (TRU and Target in the USA).

Edited by Zeya

Oh, if you're talking about TRU glued boxes, there's no hope. Somehow I think that TRU is the one that does the gluing and building, and LEGO sends them the case backdrops, 'cause their models are often messily glued. I mean, I see hot glue gun strings all over the place and lumps of glue dripping off the stands and sets. :sick:

Someone needs to encase a Lego set in jello, just for kicks. Kind of like this:

250px-Mug_in_jello.jpg

stapler.jpeg