Sign in to follow this  
lisqr

[MOC] Clock Tower

This is my 4th or 5th tower in half year. But I just love tall things.

I didn't have enough brick for the side wall. So I did a snot wall instead.

5405275942_670e6a1bcc_z.jpg

5404669909_163ca3cca3_z.jpg

5405277304_46f17f258f_z.jpg

5404671183_a07a7da369_z.jpg

5404673169_2ea56b52b4_z.jpg

This microfig is great as statue.

Thanks.

That's a really, really cool clock tower! Good work :classic:

Do you have an awesome town to add it to?

Edited by Ampersand

Excellent looking tower 'liqsr', but a question do I spy a real clock mechanism ? :wink:

Great SNOT job and keep on clock building ! :grin:

Great MOC! It has a nice look to it. I too like the SNOT work. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Very nice tower lisqr. It looks very impressive and the clock faces are amazingly realistic. The spire at the top is great aswell and I agree that the microfigure is perfect for a statue.

Well Done! :thumbup:

Edited by Lord Arjay

Nice design on the clock face, only piece of advice and don't know if the pieces exist, but try to make the collar of the clock face out of arches for a smooth, rounded look instead of using slopes. The perspective shot to show height is nicely done too.

Excellent looking tower 'liqsr', but a question do I spy a real clock mechanism ? :wink:

Great SNOT job and keep on clock building ! :grin:

It's not that fancy. No real clock mechanism

Nice design on the clock face, only piece of advice and don't know if the pieces exist, but try to make the collar of the clock face out of arches for a smooth, rounded look instead of using slopes. The perspective shot to show height is nicely done too.

My clock is 12-wide. Two 5 wide half arches with 1x2 plate might work, but I don't have that many arches unfortunately.

That's a really, really cool clock tower! Good work :classic:

Do you have an awesome town to add it to?

Well, not my own town. It was apart of a city layout in a local show last weekend. But unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera. I'll see if I can get a pic from others.

Very good! I really like this clock tower a lot, especially how you achieved the 'circular' brickbuilt face of the clock, and the clever use of the grille pieces for the roman numerals. The overall SNOT build of the tower, from the base, body, up to the domed top, is really very impressive. Excellent job lisqr! default_thumbup.gif

PaB has 1x5x4 bow and 1x5x4 inverted bow in Dark Bluish Grey, maybe something to pick up on the next order?

Amazing just one question are the clock hands lego ?

The clock is built with 61184.jpg + 3700.gif + 48729.gif + 64644.jpg + 2 tools from 6246.gif.

Hopefully that explains it.