Sign in to follow this  
-R8-

MOC: New York City Subway

Hello!

I've recently gotten into trains, specifically subways and other mass transit rail systems. Considering that I never attempted making a train-themed MOC before, I wanted to make a diorama of the New York City Fulton Street subway station:

5868061850_6bd7f89016_z.jpg

MOCPages

flickr

My goal wasn't to try and create an exact replica of the Fulton Street station, but rather to try and capture the scenes and elements associated with NYC transit. This very handy site was very useful in doing that: http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/stations?5:3096

5867526179_d64416c604_z.jpg

5867526807_1fcb8b72a3_z.jpg

5867527439_d5594efcac_z.jpg

It also was an opportunity to try out different lighting styles and forced perspective shots in an attempt to replicate the underground atmosphere of New York. This was achieved by using a desk fluorescent lamp along with toning down the exposure compensation level.

Comments are welcome as always :thumbup:

Nice! I think you did a nice job of capturing the feel of the NYC stations. Maybe next you can try and make an MOC of an older style station, maybe something crazy like City Hall.

What a nice MOC :thumbup:

My goal wasn't to try and create an exact replica of the Fulton Street station, but rather to try and capture the scenes and elements associated with NYC transit. This very handy site was very useful in doing that: http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/stations?5:3096

1296427352m_SPLASH.jpg

Mission accomplished I'd say!

Especially this picture captures the underground atmosphere of the NY subway

This brings back memories :cry_happy:; NYC is one of our favourite cities and we recently visited the City during Thanksgiving...

Thanks for the nice MOC

Great MOC, really well conceived and the photography is really good quality. good lighting and great angles!

I've never been to the Big Apple, but from what I've seen in movies I must say you really captured the overall atmosphere of the NYC Subway. The details, the underground lighting, and even the basic shape of the train is pretty accurate. You really did well with this MOC -R8-, great job! :thumbup:

Thank you for the kind comments, everyone!

Nice! I think you did a nice job of capturing the feel of the NYC stations. Maybe next you can try and make an MOC of an older style station, maybe something crazy like City Hall.

Indeed - many of the old stations have these wonderful arches that would be real nice to replicate in LEGO. I like this shot especially: http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?95278

Of course Grand Central is also an option, but given the size it might take months or years before a MOC becomes a reality :laugh:

Edited by -R8-

Wow, first time I've ever seen this one, very impressive to say the least. I also think your photography skills are out of this world. Nice job R8.

Great photos; great MOC... but the best decorations are on the Moscow underground... wow.

What a great MOC!! From the photos it looks much larger than it really is. The details are superb. Great work!!