jansued

LEGO City 2012 - Possible new Fire Truck ideas?

Ok, we have seen a new fire station, a fire helicopter and a fire boat truck in 2010. But noticing that 7942 appeared in 2007 and 7239 in 2005 I think its a good guess that there will be one or two new fire related sets in 2012.

In the past years, lego fire trucks had an turntable ladder, a hose reel and some extra equipment like a boat or a little container etc.

What do you think how the 2012 set(s) will look like? Wouldn that ne a nice mini-contest?

Here are some inspirational pics:

Rosenbauer_6x6_Teaser_Roter-Hahn_de_01.jpg

290310_Multistar_Oststeinbek_10.jpg

Best Regards,

JanSued

Edited by jansued

Well I say they should make a new one!

I would want a Forest Fire Truck Because of all the offroad ones lately. (Like Below)

abcf.jpg

Also Not all Countries have European style trucks so They MAY not be like your pictures or mine :classic:

*Fuzzy*

Also Not all Countries have European style trucks so They MAY not be like your pictures or mine :classic:

I agree, but the last LEGO Fire Trucks looked more European than US. I would love to get a tiller truck ;-)

amulance and hospital

and work vehicles

in 2012

Is this official information or just an educated guess? I like the sound of having ambulance and hospital and work vehicles sets in 2012. :classic:

~buddy~

Maybe this topic should be renamed '2012 Pictures & Rumors' eh ? :wink:

Does 'legomilk' have some information that we don't ? :wink:

Now on the topic, we already got a wild/bushfire fighting truck with the fire copter last year and that 2005 truck....why it's still around....it's a multi-purpose fire/rescue truck and it's possible Lego haven't found another design they like, but maybe in 2013 or 2014 fire comes back yet again ! :wink:

Brick On Everyone ! :grin:

Well with TLG not getting there wheels to scale maybe we will get something like this?

tumblr_l7kcte3NhD1qcdxvpo1_1280.jpg

*oh2* *oh2* *oh2*

Most of their fire trucks do look vaguely European. It never ceases to amaze me how different US fire trucks look from their European counterparts. I would love to see LEGO bring out a truck that looks American, sort of like this.

3899305233_e27d9f7c3f.jpg

Rescue Pumper (13) by Mad physicist, on Flickr

However, I can't something like this it selling very well to 8-year olds in Europe. Of course, LEGO do have a US fire engine with the fire brigade set, but it has an old-timer look to it.

Cheers,

Ralph

I'd like to see a fire bike. As much as I love fire engines I've got enough right now. And my purchasing budget has taken a really big cut so I'll be looking for smaller sets. So a Fire bike seems like the perfect thing. Fast response for small and vehicular fires.

article-1279900432095-0A8C5D16000005DC-332232_636x300.jpg

fire+bike.jpg

The Problem with the Typical 'Ralph_S' or American Type of Truck is that they can get to 8 studs and Lego Doesnt like that too much with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions for the whole year.

So I wonder what is in for us, This is now a Exciting thought to me! I am Hyper :wacko:

I guess we won't see a typical US-Engine. But modern US-Engines don't look that different to European Engines anymore (becauce, in some cases, they are made from the same company..)

2437.jpg

Maybe I've to throw in some MOC's....

Edited by jansued

But modern US-Engines don't look that different to European Engines anymore (becauce, in some cases, they are made from the same company..)

I agree but they are different with colors and the sound the siren makes too.

MDFR SQT 2 was just an example. They build'em also in Red:

RosenbauerAerial.jpg

And there is no siren power function in Lego City (yet(

I would personally like to see some like this:

DSCF6665.jpg

DSCF6659.jpg

DSCF4450.jpg

But that's just me.

i second that i want more realistic fire trucks before ill even consider buying one.

The Problem with the Typical 'Ralph_S' or American Type of Truck is that they can get to 8 studs and Lego Doesnt like that too much with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions for the whole year.

So I wonder what is in for us, This is now a Exciting thought to me! I am Hyper :wacko:

My truck is actually no wider than most of trucks in LEGO city sets! The big difference is that I don't like it when the wheels stick out of the sides, as they do on most of the trucks LEGO make, so rather than a 6-wide body with fenders and tyres sticking out, I build the body 7 studs wide with the wheels tucked underneath. The main problem with my truck is that it is far too complicated and fragile to ever be a set. The reason why I showed it was because it shows the style of fire truck I wouldn't mind seeing LEGO do. It is very well possible to get that same style (if not the level of detail) in a simpler vehicle with a six-wide body is very well possible. There are lots of them on flickr/brickshelf. Check out these two for instance

5008055408_f104f45317.jpg

Engine Co 1 & 2.b by krazzy karl, on Flickr

I guess we won't see a typical US-Engine. But modern US-Engines don't look that different to European Engines anymore (becauce, in some cases, they are made from the same company..)

Even those modern US trucks look nothing like most European trucks. The companies may be owned by the same parent companies, but US fire engines still tend to have much more gaudy colour schemes, more chrome and all kinds of other bells and whistles that you simply won't find on most European trucks. The 2005 fire truck by LEGO was a nice compromise. It could pass as a somewhat sober looking US truck as well as a somewhat gaudy European one :laugh: I can imagine why they still haven't replaced it. It's been a best-seller and still looks good.

Cheers,

Ralph

I would even like to see an investigation vehicle in LEGO like Kingston Fire Rescue FP201:

DSCF5715.jpg

Maybe even a service truck (I don't think this one would ever happen) like KFR service 271

DSCF5857.jpg

But, the one I mainly would want to see in LEGO is a rescue (KFR rescue 271 used as an example)

DSCF5856.jpg

Hmm... How about a traditional hook and Ladder truck?

ladder1.jpg

sjfd_tiller_2.jpg

The last time there was a lego version was well over 15yrs ago, so i think were about due. :classic:

My truck is actually no wider than most of trucks in LEGO city sets! The big difference is that I don't like it when the wheels stick out of the sides, as they do on most of the trucks LEGO make, so rather than a 6-wide body with fenders and tyres sticking out, I build the body 7 studs wide with the wheels tucked underneath. The main problem with my truck is that it is far too complicated and fragile to ever be a set. The reason why I showed it was because it shows the style of fire truck I wouldn't mind seeing LEGO do. It is very well possible to get that same style (if not the level of detail) in a simpler vehicle with a six-wide body is very well possible. There are lots of them on flickr/brickshelf.

I simply Agree you need to have Great Lego trucks but the Lego group can tend to make the wheels bulge out but also Lego is aimed at kids so the Moderation Operations Lead will most likely not approve a complex model we seem to LOVE, which really does mean we wont get a outstanding model but that is what the TLG wants (in a way) because they want children to customize and build not to have models on shelves for their whole life.

The Truck we like is also Waaay to fragile and easy to break but the reason AFOL's build models like this is sometimes simply to show kids how great Lego can be beyond the sets like city and creater etc. Like me for instance I would like a new truck and that will probably happen but I work with Lego Education so I am not too sure, anyways I would like one just like yours Ralph definetly agreed but We need to remember lego doesn't get too complex with the city theme they tend to get tough in Technic and Creater.

I Really want a new truck so does everyone, but What will it look and be like.

*Fuzzy* :sadnew:

Hmm... How about a traditional hook and Ladder truck?

The last time there was a lego version was well over 15yrs ago, so i think were about due. :classic:

I'd love to see one, but those are hardly traditional in Europe! I reckon that if there will be a new fire truck, they'll go for a compromise again. Something that looks as though it could be both European or American. It is all just speculation of course.

I simply Agree you need to have Great Lego trucks but the Lego group can tend to make the wheels bulge out but also Lego is aimed at kids so the Moderation Operations Lead will most likely not approve a complex model we seem to LOVE, which really does mean we wont get a outstanding model but that is what the TLG wants (in a way) because they want children to customize and build not to have models on shelves for their whole life.

The Truck we like is also Waaay to fragile and easy to break but the reason AFOL's build models like this is sometimes simply to show kids how great Lego can be beyond the sets like city and creater etc. Like me for instance I would like a new truck and that will probably happen but I work with Lego Education so I am not too sure, anyways I would like one just like yours Ralph definetly agreed but We need to remember lego doesn't get too complex with the city theme they tend to get tough in Technic and Creater.

I Really want a new truck so does everyone, but What will it look and be like.

*Fuzzy* :sadnew:

I obviously don't work with the same constraints as the people who design sets in terms of complexity, fragility and the sheer number of parts that go into them. I wouldn't expect LEGO to bring out a truck with a 7-wide body. The current one (set 7239) has about 200 parts. I reckon mine has about twice as many.

Cheers,

Ralph

That' a very interesting topic, jansued! :thumbup:

But I find it extremely unlikely that TLG will release a new Fire set in 2012. Fire will come back in 2013 - at that time hopefully with more and better designed vehicles and a more decent and authentic fire station than the last year(s)! But before that I see no chance.

amulance and hospital

and work vehicles

in 2012

Thank you very much for this information, legomilk!

I think it's better to have a seperate topic to discuss that. So please go here for this subject.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

amulance and hospital

and work vehicles

in 2012

I second the possibility to have new version of ambulance and hospital coming, based on this recent observation by another LEGO fan in Hong Kong.

93140.jpg?1

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=93140

This was recently found to be added to Bricklink catagolue in January 2011, but so far no official set has been reported to include it...

Edited by Alywin

I would have loved it if they sold the one from the 2010 fire station or another similar one separately. That's by far better than the old one with that grey boat on the back.