Sign in to follow this  
JoeMI6

Batman 06: Batmobile Mods

As I mentioned in another topic, I have made some modifications to the official system Batmobile Lego have released. The main change is that I have taken out the large technic launcher at the front of the car and replaced it with some slopes I borrowed from one of the Tiny Turbo sets (Tuner X).It was quite difficult, even though it doesn't look it. I practically had to rip the whole front construction to do this mod, but it was worth it. I might mod the wings at some point, but I don't have enough black pieces at the moment. Hope you like.

Zoom

"Holy Smoothness Batman!"

Close Up

Side Profile

Mini Comic

Gallery when Moderated

Feel free to ask any questions.

~JoeMI6

Looks like we'll need a new super hero to catch the super hero thieves! :P

This looks pretty good. There are many ways of doing this and you made a very cool front end. It replaces the gun greatly, and looks simple yet still packs alot of detail.

When I get a Batmobile, I'll surely make this mod!

Extra Parts Needed: Eight 3 by 1 sleek black slopes, One 2 by 4 brick, One 2 by 4 black Plate and One 2 by 2 black slope brick.

Ok. Firstly, you need to take out the launcher. In order to do this you must remove the long yellow technic bricks which run into the cockpit. This of course involves removing most of the nice black slopey pieces surrounding the launcher. Once done, place back all the pieces minus the 2 by 1 black slopes. In the space where the launcher was, put a 2 by 4 yellow (or black more preferably) brick towards the cockpit leaving a 2 by 2 space below it. Then put a 2 by 4 black plate on top of the 2 by 4 brick. Fill up the 2 by 2 space using a brick similar to the black slope just below the cockpit. Then, use four 1 by 3 slick black slopes to fill up the front gap. They should be jutting out one stud space from the headlamps. Place four of the same slopes behind the others, above the black 2 by 4 plate. Then finish up by putting back the other black slopey bits as they are in the finished model.

I hope these rough instructions are clear enough, as I don't necessarily know the right names for all the bricks. (As forementioned, all the extra parts needed can be found in the Tuner X Tiny Turbo.) I will also fulfill any requests for parts pictures.

Sorry for the lateness on these instructions.

Nice work Ghoulrealm and welcome to EB *y*

Here is a pic of my batmobile MOD in my custom batcave

dsc02390e.jpg

It's also my avatar X-D

i like ghoulrealm's batmobile (except the rim). :-P too bad the gold rim doesn't fit the large tires. do you have instructions to your model? :-) i always thought the official batmobile was too large. yours is just nice. maybe a little too long. but i can remove the shooter and shorten the front. :-)

i like ghoulrealm's batmobile... do you have instructions to your model?

I'll post some disassembly pics on brickshelf soon, although black pieces are notoriously difficult to make out even in high quality photos.

The rims are 3x3 radar dishes you could also use the viking shield and make a custom sticker for it.

I was glad to finally see a good use of the shooter piece where it doesn't look out of place.