Sign in to follow this  
maydayartist

WINTER BREAK: Hogs Head Inn

After a very long night of bricking and taking photos, the entry is done.

My entrys is the ugly and gloomy Hogs Head Inn. My version isn´t it, but we have a lot of Three Broomsticks in here, so anyone should do tribute to the Inn.

The model based a little bit on the buildings in the HP park in orlando. They are absolutely lovely and came up with my mind reading the books.

The biggest challenge was to build within the piece limit. I count the bricks over and over again. On the build and after that. On the first photo shot early this morning the entry was totaly destroied by the white plate behind :cry_sad: . And after the rebuild and another counting (the last) I can secure that the limit is not exceeded. :laugh:

My special guest star is grawp. After the last fight everybody know him and he was not longer tied on the ground or in any cave. Unfortunately for Harry and Hermine, their new "best" friend decided to join a snowballgame at the pub.

The only problem is, for a giant a snowball is a snowball, for Harry it is more like ...... a big problem. :laugh:

img_6031.jpg

img_6033.jpg

Harry and Hermine tried to find a safe place in the pub. They went in and Hermine introduced the waitress that Grawp stand in front of the pub. Harry on the other hand flees on the first floor. But this is not really a problem for Grawp :devil:

img_6052.jpg

That´s my little story over Harry and his best friend.

And here are two more pictures of the interior.

img_6040.jpg

The middle stone of the chimney is a button to enlight the fire in the fireplace.

(The old image was changed to this one, because of usage of collage)

img_6074.jpg

You could see other pictures with more details and views in my Brickshelf folder.

I hope you enjoy the little story within this contest. The original Lego "maxi"fig was a present to my birthday and my first thought was to give him a special place in my entry. And his role as grawp is absolutely perfect in my opinion. The scale fits nearly 100%.

Edited by maydayartist

Great. In the truest sense of the word! The roof is amazing, as is the beautiful and detailed interior...Well done! :thumbup:

The overall shape of the roof is awesome, has a really nice feel to it and the way the chimney works in is nice also - feels very Harry Potterish indeed.

Excellent entry! It looks accurate and is detailed. I too particularly like the roof. :thumbup:

Extremely well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Yes, the curve on that roof is gorgeous :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

This is a fantastic entry maydayartist! The external design is great, but the interiors are even better. The details inside are just wonderful, and it's quite amazing how you made this build within the 1000-part limit (since it looks like more than that). Very well done and good luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Why are these entries getting better and better all the time?! :cry_sad: Now I don't stand a chance at all anymore (well it's about the game right, not the prize). This entry is really beautiful! It's amazing actually! The interior completely finishes it off for me! Huge respects for this fabulous MOC!

brilliant MOC!! Exterior and interior are both fantastic. You can't have had much room to spare on the brickcount! Well done.

Thank you all for the positive feedback.

This is a fantastic entry maydayartist! and it's quite amazing how you made this build within the 1000-part limit (since it looks like more than that).

You can't have had much room to spare on the brickcount! Well done.

Yap you are right. There are zero pieces left. The last work on this build was the snow around the building and I added the parts til the count was over. I started the work with knowing that the limit would be a problem at the end. The big panels on the corner and behind the fireplace resolve this problem perfect. But it was hard :cry_happy:

Excellent creation 'maydayartist', I really like the high pitched roof ! :thumbup:

Mega detail on the inside, and just enough on the outside ! :grin:

Good luck and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Very nice and funny MOC maydayartist. Your roof technique is great, and the interior is very detailed and realistic.

Keep it up :thumbup:

This is a splendid entry! Very detailed and well built, even better for the fact that the 1000 piece limit makes things difficult. You have nailed the roof, its such a great shape. I always toy with the idea of that style roof on buildings but always get lazy and go for the easy route, but it really works here. The hogs head above the door is another fine detail that realy stands out. I know the 1000 limit means you have to be a bit sparse at the front, but its still looks realy good. The interior is neatly done and has a warm, quaint and cosy feel. The fireplace with light is a nice touch and the stairs look great.

A mighty fine entry, well built and deffinitly worthy of a prize.

Good luck in the contest, and keep up the great work!

DC

great use of that otherwise useless giant minifigure with a torch in its foot, seriously some of the random stuff lego thinks up these days is just ludacrous

This creation is a real class act! I think this is an entry to watch out for!

Amazing entry, maydayartist! It looks so big and yet you managed to stay around the 1000 piece limit. The exterior looks nice, especially the roof and the chimney. The big wall pieces don't even look bad. The interior is also lovely. The chandelier and other details like the curtains are very nice. The fireplace is also great. And of course, great use of that giant figure! :tongue: Good luck!