Sign in to follow this  
M<0><0<DSWIM

Luke VS the Rancor

Wow! This is just amazing! I love everything about this. The limbs and mouth are especially well done. :thumbup: You should check out ACPin's Rancor MOC. It's very different from this.

Edited by prateek

Nice job, Mood. You've done well capturing the hunched, stocky feel of the Rancor. I'm not quite sure about the face; the placement of the nostrils makes them look like the eyes on first glance; and the forearms also look a little too round compared to the rest of the MOC. Nevertheless, it's very good.

Edited by Brickdoctor

That's a really great Rancor.

blogged

I'm so happy you decided to join and share your work with us :classic:

Excellent. I do like this quite a lot. You have got the Rancor just the right size and scale to the minifigure.

Thanks for Sharing :thumbup:

An excellent Rancor 'M<0><0<DSWIM', I just wonder if the large bone from the new Ninjago sets might be better for Luke to wedge in the Rancor's mouth ! :wink:

Fantastic job to make it look evil and hungry too ! :devil:

Keep up the cool designs and may the brick be with you ! :yoda:

Another quality creation Mood, I love your brickbuilt Rancor, very different from ACPin's yet looks great as well. The spikes at the back are very nice details. Excellent job once again! :thumbup:

Great job on the overall scale of the Rancor and the design of the hands and the back detailing. I do think as has been already stated the face needs a little work from the jaws up, if I remember right the Rancor's eyes are more like a birds in there positioning on its head, meaning they face more to the side then the front. Great job.

Don't remember this one...... Just the same, it's a great looking MOC. I would say that you should update this with some of the new bone parts. :classic:

That is fantastic, the proportions are just prefect, LEGO should buy the rights from you and make a set out of this, seriously I think it's that good.

It's also my new phone wallpaper.

Wow this is simply great, I got to give it to ya. Very creative.

I hope Lego designers take a look at this if they ever decide to put out a set like this, because I could see them copping out with a one-piece rancor action figure that has nothing but a moveable jaw.

I've got to ask, about how long did this take you?

And was it a ton of trial and error before you got it right???

Wow this is simply great, I got to give it to ya. Very creative.

I hope Lego designers take a look at this if they ever decide to put out a set like this, because I could see them copping out with a one-piece rancor action figure that has nothing but a moveable jaw.

I've got to ask, about how long did this take you?

And was it a ton of trial and error before you got it right???

Thanks! This took me about 2 weeks to finish and YES: a ton of trial and error (and several Bricklink orders)! The biggest challenges were the head and the hands.

Great Rancor - as others have said the face could possibly use a little improvement but everything else is :thumbup:

I also like all the little extras you've 'randomly' scattered around the base, bones, rocks and stuff.