Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Talking Skull - Thank you all those who participated

Thank you to everybody who participated

Hundreds and hundreds of hours went into programming the Talking Skull. It wasn't prefect, easily hundreds more hours could have went into refining it but time just didn't permit.

If you've like to talk about how you discovered the Magic Words and/or Prize Code, please do so in this thread.

If you've won a prize please visit this thread ASAP for instructions on how to receive your prize.

And if you have any comments or praise about the Talking Skull, please leave it in the thread you are reading.

Amazing puzzle. Should have started yesterday. I've managed to guess 4 key words, but they all are already claimed.

Yes it is indeed very cleverly done. I guessed 3 key words that were already taken before getting one right, which I found to be VERY hard btw... and I've since then been circling around what I believe is two other key words that I just can't seem to get right... it's hard, but addictive!

I have to say, very well done on creating this!

It's really fun/frustrating trying to get the answers. Just managed EPONYMOUS a little too late!

So ive been trying to do this all day. I got 3 of them, but they were all taken! :pir-cry_sad: Maybe I shouldve looked in this forum sooner cause this is so addictive! :pir-wub:

This is a terrific promotion and Im gonna work really hard to get those last codes! :thumbup:

amazing contest :pir-laugh:, congratulations to the programmers :thumbup:

Oh wow. I really did lose a few hours on this. Found 3 answers, but alas I was too late. That was fun though. Really well thought-out promotion and contest. You had me doing all sorts of internet searches, singing to remember lyrics, and image editing, though clearly not in that order. :pir_laugh2:

I know this is the FAQ, but I needed to say how much my wife and I have enjoyed this contest. Great job!

And yes, this quiz is amazing. Challenging, fun and addictive - and extremely well-made. Kudos. :pir-cry_happy:

I must say that this has been very interesting :thumbup: Kudos to the staff for all the hard work that they put into this :thumbup:

Thanks guys :pir-classic:

A terrificly entertaining -- and educational -- contest.

I had a great time trying to decipher the various puzzles! In the end I didn't win any prize because I started late and every prize I discovered was already claimed, but nonetheless it was great fun! I can't imagine the time spent devising the clues and writing answers to so many key words/names! I can't believe how many stupid and unlikely questions I asked the skull and there were so many appropriate answers! :pir-laugh: It must have taken forever to plan the whole contest. As many mentioned before, this was very educational and I hope that the Talking Skull may come back some day (once his cave is replenished :pir_laugh2:)!

Thanks again for a terrific game!

A wonderfully entertaining and generous comp providing countless pirate fans with hours of fun facts and cheeky remarks. the staff here at Classic Pirates deserve a pat on the back.Thank you so much for you time spent and resources pulled.

You have truly raised the bar with this one Mr Phes :pir-cry_happy:

three cheers for Mr Phes "hazzah hazzah hazzah"

Thank CP staff members for all your hard work! This contest was a lot of fun!

Thanking you all for the praises, but bets not forget SlyOwl designed the Talking Skull MOC!

Kudos to him too :thumbup:

Edited by Ratshot

Thanks for such an amazing contest. My wife and I spent a whole weekend trying to figure out the answers. It really was worth it.

Great job CP staff! Thanks for awarding the community with such a wonderful initiative.

I'm normally on the other end, since I do two treasure hunts for my son every year, and of course the treasure is a LEGO set, one at Xmas and one on his birthday.

This was a great experience, to bad I started so late in the contest, might have won something, but I had a lot of fun, I wasted so much time on this I had to cancel a 3D contest I was on, but it was time well wasted :D

Now that I'm on the mailing list I'll be able to start on time

Thanx for all the fun!!!!