Sign in to follow this  
Bart

LDD moc trimaran

[pid][/pid] LDD 9D

hello people, I'm new here,

i don't have the bricks (yet) to do the real building, this is one of the things i did with LDD

5395429560_8c5ddd4f82_m.jpg

5395445362_570b0fa091_m.jpg

5395445304_a722cd8471_m.jpg

5394848521_f047fcf3a0_m.jpg

I also did a bigger ship, square rigged freighter, but i just discovered the Ultimate mode, so i'm upgrading it, i will upload a screenshot later.

Greetings, Bart

here some screenshots of the freighter i did,

i first just wanted to make a hull then it got bigger..

don't mind the colours that is for building to see the difference.

5396884994_440dcdde00_m.jpg

bow

5396287611_b295559118_m.jpg

stern underwater ship

5396885254_7b9794e768_m.jpg

with some sails by paint

5396287327_4d0f44e30d_m.jpg

Greetings, Bart

Pretty nice job, Bart! Welcome to EB!

I'm no boat expert (I'll leave that job to those who are true Classic Pirates fans), but these look pretty good. I'm only not too sure about the slope technique used for the hull of the larger ship. It looks kinda rough.

The freighter looks pretty good IMO, i like the overall desing, but those multi coloured bricks seems a bit odd :pir_wacko: But still its a nice boat and id lik to take a closer look of it. So would you muind to share a LFX file whit us?

Captain Becker

well the colours are only like that for building purpose to easy identify the different bricks i used, because i first just wanted to design a hull with nice lines, there fore i created a pattern and this way it was easy to see, and the rest grew on it, nothing was planed so somethings are a little off, (cannons standing on hatches ig)

Bart

p.s. i can't attach the lxf file its to big. were do i put it so you can get it?

somehow putting it in a zip doesn't make it smaller

I cannot say much about the Trimaran, other than that it looks like one, but on your frigate-like creation (since it has all the sails):

It's nice you put effort in making the underwater part of the hull, yet it goes at a 45 degree angle in your case, while it should curve. Also, the hull would be rather "fat" for the lack of a better word, and curve more elegant at the stern.

The bow would also curve, and that much steeper so that it's almost at 90 degrees above the waterline (sometimes it would curve back due to the tumblehome). In addition to that the hull would curve in two ways (width and height) and also have said tumblehome! I also get the impression your masts and yards are way too thick, at least the upper parts should be thinner.

The stern is looking quite good, but it should, be angular if you want it to be realistic. I get the impression, it's more difficult to build with LDD than with real bricks, but there have been some very good LDD MOCs.

So, I guess you wanted feedback, so here it is!

I hope you're successful in improving your creations, they are not bad, but there's a lot to be improved nonetheless. :pir-classic:

thanks for the tips, I never intended to build a frigate or something else, I just did something. and yes I find it a bit hard to actually see the curves and lines in LDD that's also why I started with all the colours.

Bart

Those are very impressive LDD models Bart! I'm no ship/boat expert either, but both your trimaran and freighter designs look really great IMO. And since you shared your LXF, I took the liberty of including your Freighter LDD MOC in the EB MOC LXF Index. default_blink.gif Great job once again! :thumbup:

I took the liberty of including your Freighter LDD MOC in the EB MOC LXF Index. default_blink.gif Great job once again! :thumbup:

oh thanks, I didn't know that existed (yet) this forum(s) are a bit confusing when you're new.

Bart