mcfarlandman

WINTER BREAK: The Lovegood Home

A tribute to one of my favorite Harry Potter characters - the always lovable and quirky Luna Lovegood! After counting multiple times, it came in at somewhere between 925-950 pieces. I'm particularly fond of the tilted second story.

Contest1-1.jpg

The Lovegoods keep some interesting plants!

Contest6.jpg

Here we have Luna and her father Xenophilius. Luna claims she's not related to any cheerleaders... I think the Prince of Persia robes look great on Xenophilius.

Contest2-1.jpg

Interior Shot - The top floor is Luna's bedroom complete with pictures of her friends (Neville and Hermione pictured). The second floor is Xenophilius study. It's furnished with a bookshelf, reclining chair, and a telescope.

Contest4-1.jpg

The first story includes a dining area, bust of Rowena Ravenclaw with headdress, and the Erumpent Horn (which will later explode).

Contest5.jpg

Thanks for putting on this contest and best of luck to everyone! - Wish I could take better pictures!

-Erik

Edit: Replaced some photos with less blurry ones.

Edited by mcfarlandman

Nicely tilted floors, congratulation, I like this idea and it fits the Lovegoods so much. Weird structure, weird outside, weird inside, that is how they live, for sure. Very nicely done. I'm with you!

Very unique and interesting entry mcfarlandman! I love the skewed structure and all the weird angles on this house, looks like a perfect fit for the Lovegoods' personality. Well done and good luck! :thumbup:

Great entry too! Good work on the tilting. It looks like the movie version, very good! And I also like it that you used the books description. Such a shame we couldn't see Luna's room in the movie! :( Try to work on photography though, it will increase your chances and makes your MOC looks even better. It think you should turn on flash or a big lamp. Good work anyway.

Great job! You've managed to do something I wasn't able, and you've done it very nice. The exterior is very nice with the little details and the curves. Everything looks like it suits the Lovegoods perfectly. It was surprising to see that lovely interior when scrolling down. I especially like the effect of the horizontal window and the floor itself on an angle. Lovely interior, as described in the book. Good luck! :thumbup:

Really great design, great concept and well executed. If i'm being picky i might say that the colour is too dark for those characters imo.

Excellent entry! I too like all of odd angles and the tilted walls of this building. :thumbup:

Extremely well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Really great design, great concept and well executed. If i'm being picky i might say that the colour is too dark for those characters imo.

I had trouble with that too. I wanted to be somewhat accurate to the movie but I also thought the movie didn't capture the charming Lovegood weirdness very well. I tried to strike a balance by having the dark exterior (as seen in the movie) and colorful plants and interior. I definitely see where you're coming from.