buddy

Lego Spongebob Squarepants 2011 Discussion Thread

Maybe it's not super heroes. Maybe it's a fire engine or an ambulance or a janitor wagon or something.

Oh, a vehicle - great clear plates and bricks......Mermaidman's car is invisible ! :laugh:

Keep on eating those krabby-patties ! :laugh:

I'm glad there is now confirmation on this, since I thought I spotted pics of the new Spongebob sets on a BBC news video. I captured the frame, but since there is a watermark across it I won't deeplink it. Here is a link, though. It's quite obscured, but it's a start.

Now that we have the set descriptions, I think that it's probably a picture of the theme-park set, but who's to know. It looks like the Sandy figure again to me.

Great find! The picture isn't much to go off, but from what I can tell, Heroic Heroes will be a Mermaid Man (and Barnacle Boy?) set. The fig looks like it has white hair and something purple on its face (the starfish over the nose), and the building could very well be the retirement home. I'm really hoping on this one, as MM&BB were the only thing I wish LEGO had made before the line ended!

Why are they bringing back Spongebob.. if they really wanted to do something with the Nickolodeon license, they should just make Ben 10 -- ACTUAL SETS, not action figures.

~t7_c

Well, it would have some neat alien minifigures, but from Nick, my favourite is Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Penguins from Madagascar would be really cool, too. :laugh:

madagascar-penguins.jpg

They are hilarious.

And their names are: Skipper, Kowalski, Rico and Private.

Go penguins! :laugh:

Avatar's good but its not as good as Avatar 2 or 3, you get me? (Taaj, Come Fly with me :laugh: )

No but that definately looks like mermaid man,

wow im really excited for these sets :grin:

There was a BBC Radio 1 news report, where on the background some pics of the new SpongeBob sets can be seen. Not the best quality, but that's something. As far as I can see, the sets are not Duplo.

And, BTW, new Plancton mold!

0eee6834a2cc.png

The video is

Edit: Didn't see Clone O'Patra's post, sorry.

Edited by Pro_Ice

Thanks 'Clone O'patra' for that image......I see Patrick in a superhero style costume - maybe at the Nuremberg Toy Fair we might get more information eh ? :wink:

Keep on tossing those Krabby-Patties ! :laugh:

I don't know why everyones hatin on Spongebob!! Spongebob's da bomb!! I don't think i'll be getting the glove world set; as there is'nt likely to be any awesome new figs. The Heroic Heroes i might get...

From BrickSet:

3816 Glove World:

-No solid description

3815 Heroic Heroes:

-Mermaid man And Barnacle Boy (Someone claiming seeing it a toy fair)

Click Here for the BrickSet Page

Brickset has been reliable for as long as I can remember.

I didn't think that there would be anymore sets with the Disney and Megablox issue. I guess that was false.

EDIT: My apologizes, I didn't see the original topic. Sorry. :blush:

Edited by JCC1004

The Heroic Heroes set sounds promising. I'm interested to see Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy in minifig form. I wonder if they will come with the Invisible Boat Mobile, that would be trans-pieces galore! :sweet:

The Heroic Heroes set sounds promising. I'm interested to see Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy in minifig form. I wonder if they will come with the Invisible Boat Mobile, that would be trans-pieces galore! :sweet:

Yes it does, doesn't seem like it would be expensive either. I hope we'll at least get Manray. He'd make an interesting figure. He also seems to be the one that is used the most.

I do hope that they don't give Mermaid Man some odd torso piece just because he's rotund. I am also hoping that they have standard figure heads. Barnacle boy can just use the new sailors cap.

I can imagine an all trans Boat Mobile. :wub: Mainly thinking about the trans wheels and tires. :classic:

I don't think too much speculation would be liked but we don't have much news as of yet. If this was seen at the London Toy Fair we'll have to wait for pictures or a better description.

Also my apologizes about making a new topic. I didn't see this one when I looked at the first page of topics in the Licensed section.

Thanks for the pics, the sets look great, especially the minifigs in them :thumbup: I'll update the first post with links to them now. :classic:

~buddy~

Edited by buddy

Thanks for the pics! :thumbup: So it's not the real heroes, but Spongebob and Patrick in Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy's outfits. :hmpf_bad: Anyway, both sets are relatively small so they might not be that expensive, but these still won't be on my must-buy list.

So disappointing with the Heroic Heroes Set. :hmpf_bad: I don't need to say why. Spongebob and Partick aren't even in their Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Costumes. :sceptic: If it's any more than 10 bucks I'm passing.

Glove World isn't that much better. The only good things are the new fish, Patrick's shirt, and a normal Sandy. The Ferris Wheel carts aren't even facing the right way.

At least these are prelims and they might change a bit later on.

Oh, man......it's just our usual two dressed as superhero's ! :hmpf_bad:

I guess it's an okay set, some extra shots are required to really judge, likewise with Glove World, it's a toss up, but I prefer Glove World over the other set at the moment.

Keep on tossing those Krabby-patties ! :laugh:

They look kinda...rubbish :hmpf_bad:

The Heroic Heros looks alright but I'm annoyed that they skimped on the 'Dirty Bubble' or the other bad guy.

Maybe they're going to bring back the old sets along with these?

Pompommini out :classic:

Well... I never really liked Spongebob, but I wasn't expecting such sucky sets !

probably one of the biggest disapointed LEGO ever made to us :laugh:

I mean seriously, a purple-caped Spongebob ? :hmpf_bad:

Well, I think my money won't go into any of these sets... :sadnew:

Hmm, I'm kinda with you guys on this one, these sets look really underwhelming. I may get the Glove World one purely to get a normal Sandy, but only if it's reasonably cheap. And I'm in a good mood and have nothing else to get.

A purple costumed Squarepants.....do you think they were either a) trying to get girls buying this set or b) designed the set(s) after a christmas party.....you know (hic) Spongebob in pur...ple (hic) would be nice (hic). :laugh:

There is so much Lego could have done, like what about the old superheros or even Larry the giant muscle bound lobster - this would have to be the saddest theme return in Lego ever.

You know I don't remember any episode for the hero's set, do you ? :sceptic:

Now the hero's set's favor is what appears to be printed round tiles to be the tops of the Krabby-patty missiles......but I see a problem, they are firing them at the one who want the secret to making the perfect patty.......don't do it Spongebob ! :laugh:

Keep on tossing those Krabby-Patties ! :laugh:

Edited by lightningtiger

I like it. I always like the Spongebob sets but I never have bought any of them! :look: I loved the show when I was a few years younger, when I happen to bump on it I'll watch it now and then. And the LEGO sets are pretty nice, but I just never bought one. I don't know why, probably because it just doesn't fit in any of the themes I build in. But the parts and figures are always great. And, Spongebob wears a blue cape. Haven't seen those before I think, perhaps we'll see more blue capes in the near future. :sweet:

Yeah, these are quite disappointing, even for Spongebob. Glove World looks even worse than I thought, and there's nothing really new here, just minifigs we've already had with new prints. Heroic Heroes looks alright, but too bad it doesn't come with Mermaid Man or Man Ray. I was already planning "Batman meets Mermaidman" MOCs in my head. And it looks like the boat uses the <insert that tiresome argument> airplane hull. :thumbdown: I do like Plankton's little contraption, the printed Krabby Patties, and the recipe tile though, so if I can get it under $10, I might consider it.

And Matn is right, Spongebob's cape is (dark) blue, not purple.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi