buddy

Lego Spongebob Squarepants 2011 Discussion Thread

Hi everybody!

According to Brickset there will be 2 new Spongebob sets in the 2nd half of 2011, so I decided to start this thread on Eurobricks, so we can discuss what they will be and can update this thread when pics and more info are released. :thumbup:

The two sets are now listed on Brickset (thanks Fugazi for finding that out), the set names and numbers of the two sets are:

3815 Heroic Heroes

3816 Glove World

Update 10/02/2011, preliminary pics of sets from German toy fair (thanks for these Lordofdragonss :classic: ):

3815 Heroic Heroes

3816 Glove World

UPDATE 01/08/2011:

The sets are now available so here is and update with information and official pictures of the sets :classic: :

3815 Heroic Heroes of the Deep

Links: S@H Brickset Bricklink

Pieces: 95

Minifigs: 3

Price: £13.99GBP, $14.99USD, 19.99EUR

S@H Description:

Catch Plankton and keep the secret recipe safe!

Plankton’s finally gotten the Krabby Patty recipe. Super SpongeBob and Patrick are on it. Get them into the boatmobile and start the chase! Can our heroes catch Plankton and rescue the recipe? You decide!

Includes 3 minifigures: SpongeBob™, Patrick and Plankton

Features boatmobile

Accessories include recipe and Plankton’s robot suit

Recover the secret recipe in the friends’ super-fast boatmobile!

Launch the bubble shooters at Plankton!

Spin the boatmobile’s propellers!

Boatmobile measures over 2” (5cm) wide and 6” (15cm) long

S@H Image:

3815-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Additional images (from Brickset):

3815-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

3815-0000-xx-33-1.jpg

3815-0000-xx-33-2.jpg

3815-0000-xx-33-3.jpg

3815-0000-xx-33-4.jpg

3816 Glove World

Links: S@H Brickset Bricklink

Pieces: 169

Minifigs: 4

Price: £18.99GBP, $19.99USD, 26.99EUR

S@H Description:

Have a whale of a time at Glove World Amusement Park!

Join SpongeBob™ and his friends for a day of non-stop action in Glove World Amusement Park, their favorite place to play! Buy a ticket and jump in line for the Ferris wheel! Just don’t drop your giant ice cream cone!

Includes 4 minifigures: SpongeBob™, Patrick, Sandy and Ice Cream Vendor

Features Ferris wheel, ice cream shop, ticket stand and fish ice cream vendor

Spin the Ferris wheel to go for a ride!

Enter the revolving gates of the ticket booth!

Measures over 3” (7cm) wide and 4” (10cm) tall

Ferris wheel measures over 4” (10cm) wide and 5” (12cm) tall

S@H Image:

3816-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Additional images (from Brickset):

3816-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

3816-0000-xx-33-1.jpg

3816-0000-xx-33-2.jpg

3816-0000-xx-33-3.jpg

~buddy~

Edited by buddy

Why are they bringing back Spongebob.. if they really wanted to do something with the Nickolodeon license, they should just make Ben 10 -- ACTUAL SETS, not action figures.

~t7_c

That's quite unexpected, even though the information had been posted before on Brickset (3815 Heroic Heroes, 3816 Glove World). Brickipedia suggests that the sets could be Duplo, but nothing on Brickset supports this.

I thought the Nickelodeon license was dead and buried when TLG went back to Disney. Obviously not so. I'm not a big fan of the SpongeBob sets but I'm looking forward to the part selection in the new sets.

Edited by Fugazi

I doubt this is a mistake scince in one of the epsoides (I watched it on accident :look::tongue: ) there is a place called glove world.

Pompommini celebrating his 100th post which is this one :classic: !!!

That's quite unexpected, even though the information had been posted before on Brickset (3815 Heroic Heroes, 3816 Glove World). Brickipedia suggests that the sets could be Duplo, but nothing on Brickset supports this.

I thought the Nickelodeon license was dead and buried when TLG went back to Disney. Obviously not so. I'm not a big fan of the SpongeBob sets but I'm looking forward to the part selection in the new sets.

Well actually, Brickset said that until today, and we've since updated :) (As the source linked next to it was originally Brickset)

Thanks Fugazi for finding out the set names and numbers that are on Brickset, I've now updated the first post with them. :classic:

~buddy~

Looking on Google, Glove World seems to be a theme park. That sounds like a large set. Heroic Heroes, would that involve Mermaidman? Any sets they can do with that? Does he have a car? Strange that they're not producing a more generic set.

I'm hoping "Heroic Heroes" will include Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy (who can have the hat from the minifig Series 4 Sailor).

Glove World also sounds really interesting...Hopefully it will be a decent sized set...

I really hope these aren't Duplos. :classic:

Hmm. I don't know much about Spongebob; but I just searched for an image of Glove World. If it's a Systems set, and it looks anything like the picture I saw, I may just purchase it.

If Heroic Heroes is any indication, I would probably just buy the minifigs, and not the set.

~t7_C

Haha, I can't wait for Glove World. I don't know what Heroic Heroes could be about...

Heroic Heroes, would that involve Mermaidman? Any sets they can do with that? Does he have a car?

Yes, but it's invisible, so unless they make a boat completely made out of trans-clear parts, I doubt that that's the set. :laugh: He does have a "Mermalair" though (a Batcave parody), so that would be my guess. Could be a neat set. Not so crazy about Glove World though.

I though I saw the words Duplo written on the page of wiki for Mr Squarepants.......though I would get both Gloveworld and heros.......even just to have a minifig say......EVILLLL !

Mermaid_Man_and_Barnacle_Boy_by_EnterPraiz.jpg

Brick On.....underwater ! :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger

I thought Lego passed over the Nick license for Disney, and Lego never have licenses that compete with each other (Nick VS Disney).

-Omi

I thought Lego passed over the Nick license for Disney, and Lego never have licenses that compete with each other (Nick VS Disney).

-Omi

Well... in the LEGO sense, you can't really call it competition. Spongebob is televsion; Cars, PotC etc are movies. So there's no competition there... I assume if they made LEGO sets from Nick movies, or Disney tv shows, then there will be problems.

~t7_c

The Ben 10 sets were introduced long after we heard about Toy Story.

I actually purchased 3833 today with a Rewards-R-Us coupon, so I hope these sets aren't Duplo. I'd love to have some more Spongebob sets without resorting to eBay. default_laugh2.gif

Edited by VenVoi

sounds neat, heroic heroes could be mermaid man and barnacle boy or spongebob and his gang turned into superheroes, i remember an episode like that. :tongue:

Hi everybody!

According to Brickset there will be 2 new Spongebob sets in the 2nd half of 2011, so I decided to start this thread on Eurobricks, so we can discuss what they will be and can update this thread when pics and more info are released. :thumbup:

The two sets are now listed on Brickset (thanks Fugazi for finding that out), the set names and numbers of the two sets are:

3815 Heroic Heroes

3816 Glove World

~buddy~

Its Duplo, sadly :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

How do you know? Just because someone wrote it on Brickipedia? Huw called them "new sets", so I don't think that he means Duplo.

How do you know? Just because someone wrote it on Brickipedia? Huw called them "new sets", so I don't think that he means Duplo.

I'm starting to feel the same, it might not be Duplo, as Mr. Squarepants is more for the 8 to 10 years.....not 2 to 4 year olds as much ! :wink:

If it is System style - I be buying them - Patrick vs Jack Sparrow ys Darth Vader vs Harry Potter ! :laugh: - that's what my son would do ! :wink:

Keep on singing......'Who lies under the sea.....Sponge Bob-Squarepants !' :laugh:

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that the person who brought us pics of the retailer catalogue a month ago mentioned that those two sets were going to be Duplo... A Polish web store claims that as well :wink: Well, maybe we'll get more info from Huw today :thumbup:

Edit: Huw just said that the sets are not Duplo ones :laugh:

Edited by Lego-Freak

He also says that Heroic Heroes is a vehicle set... That has me puzzled. :sceptic: