Sign in to follow this  
CCOOK

MOD: Fun with the Emerald Night

I'm building a smaller "cargo" train in the mean time, and this modified Emerald Night will pull it:

blkemknt.jpg

Here's my slightly modified Emerald Night passenger engine/tender in the meantime (got rid of that stupid light grey ladder on back of the tender):

emkntmod1.jpg

You can see here I also replaced the ridiculous tan technic axles/collets with smooth black ones (insanely expensive):

emkntmod2.jpg

Here's another Emerald Night that I was too lazy to build the tender for - notice the tanker car in the back:

otherp.jpg

-CCOOK :jollyroger:

Edited by Siegfried
There's no need to swear...

Very nice! We also have a black / red one (but with red rails instead of grey, they are hard to find, but are available at bricklink in 1x2 version).

mainimage.jpg

In the background you can see the NS version (old logo of Dutch railways) of the Emerald. You can see that I have red 'door rails' in place.

Here's the black and red Emerald Night with a tender - it took me a little bit of thinking to make the red wheels hide behind some outside mounting brackets, but it worked out fine:

blkemkntnew1.jpg

Just a little bit larger than a standard Emerald Night tender (makes sense for a cargo puller anyway):

blkemkntnew2.jpg

-CCOOK :jollyroger: