Sign in to follow this  
BrickArtist

MOC: BARC V.2

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hi everyone! I wanted to share my second rendition of the BARC speeder I've been perfecting it for a while, so enjoy! I'm relatively pleased with the result, yet likely will revisit it sometime soon.

Here's a compiled list of criticizems I received on my last version:

-Taper to controls is Absent

-Air intake on the front

-pedals need to angle downward

-Needs second control yoke

-1 stud longer for back

-Needs to Taper in at back

-Needs snot

-Illegal connections

-Too blocky

I feel like I addressed most these issues, some I'm still contemplating how to achieve some :hmpf_bad:

Well anyway, here it is!

barc-main.jpg

Here's the side, some of the tiles on the side were a bit mis-angled when I took the pics. :hmpf_bad:

barc-side.jpg

And now the back:

barc-back_left.jpg

Thanks for looking! please criticize, even with the smallest detail. A special thanks to Fallenangel327, brickdoctor, commanderfox, Angel06, and KielDaMan for their extremely helpful comments on my previous BARC. :thumbup:

EDIT-Better Pics now!

Nice. I like the shape you have now. Nothing much more that you can really change with LEGO.

Nice. I like the shape you have now. Nothing much more that you can really change with LEGO.

Wow, Thanks! But I'm sure I don't every detail, anything thats missing? At all?

Well, its is way better then v1, but I still think the front is a bit To blocky

I can't really do much off that, could you be more specific? Is their a way to avoid the said blocky-ness?

Oh wow, this is really good. Probably my favorite one yet of a BARC. Very nice! Thanks for posting this. :classic:

Awesome! Way better than the old one. I like the blockiness. It makes it feel like Lego, which is a good thing. Despite this blockiness, it's still very detailed, which is great :thumbup:

Wow, Thanks! But I'm sure I don't every detail, anything thats missing? At all?

Hmm... You don't have the front turbine intake. I used a Technic 1/2 bushing there.

What impresses me most about this is the fact that you've taken all the criticisms and suggestions constructively to further improve your BARC speeder, and I really commend you for that. :thumbup: I agree this version is way better than your previous one, and honestly, I think you already managed to do everything you could considering the limitations of available lego parts. Sure there could still be some improvements, like adding the small twin blasters on the front bottom part, and the curvy shape of the front, but I think it would be really hard to achieve those in such a small scale and with the piece unavailability. This is already a great build as it is, so if you find a way to improve it further then that would certainly be more impressive.

What impresses me most about this is the fact that you've taken all the criticisms and suggestions constructively to further improve your BARC speeder, and I really commend you for that. :thumbup: I agree this version is way better than your previous one, and honestly, I think you already managed to do everything you could considering the limitations of available lego parts. Sure there could still be some improvements, like adding the small twin blasters on the front bottom part, and the curvy shape of the front, but I think it would be really hard to achieve those in such a small scale and with the piece unavailability. This is already a great build as it is, so if you find a way to improve it further then that would certainly be more impressive.

Thanks KDM! That means a ton to me :blush: I really love getting criticisms, One mind just can't see every flaw, and Everyone on EB has been so helpful to further improve my MOCs. I compile all the criticisms I get, and put them in a MOC folder, along with other reference. So I keep track of all flaws, and improve the design. I'm rethinking the front now, searching bricklink for "the perfect piece". My goal: Is every detail to be included.

Hmm... You don't have the front turbine intake. I used a Technic 1/2 bushing there.

Thanks, already fixed that.

I think it would look a lot better without the minifig, because figs are obviously way out of proportion.

I'll post a Pic without the fig at some point. I'm not really sure what you mean. Do you think it needs to be longer? Or is the seat just to small?

Oh wow, this is really good. Probably my favorite one yet of a BARC. Very nice! Thanks for posting this. :classic:

Thanks Brickbuilder :blush: Maybe I'll post a pic of the construction if you want to build it.

Awesome! Way better than the old one. I like the blockiness. It makes it feel like Lego, which is a good thing. Despite this blockiness, it's still very detailed, which is great :thumbup:

Thanks Prateek! I'm sorta trying to avoid the blockiness, but if you liked it then... :grin:

Thanks, already fixed that.

You have the opening, but there's no actual turbine in it. A bushing will fix that.

Thanks Prateek! I'm sorta trying to avoid the blockiness, but if you liked it then... :grin:

Okay, so you kinda took it the wrong way... :tongue:

What I meant to say was, you achieved such an amazing BARC, without using many illegal techniques or overly-specialized pieces, so I applaud you on that :thumbup:

Edited by prateek

Without seeing the reference material, I like it, I like blockiness! After seeing the reference material... it needs to be rounder, but considering the size, you did a good job :thumbup:

Okay, so you kinda took it the wrong way... :tongue:

What I meant to say was, you achieved such an amazing BARC, without using many illegal techniques or overly-specialized pieces, so I applaud you on that :thumbup:

Ah, thanks!

You have the opening, but there's no actual turbine in it. A bushing will fix that.

How did you get yours in there? Did you shave off the ring at the top?

How did you get yours in there? Did you shave off the ring at the top?

It isn't actually in the brick, since the opening on mine was made by tiles around the brick, but you could use a Technic half pin in yours with no other changes required.

Without seeing the reference material, I like it, I like blockiness! After seeing the reference material... it needs to be rounder, but considering the size, you did a good job :thumbup:

Thanks, as I said I'm contemplating how to achieve rounder shape.

EDIT: Weird, why didn't my quoting posts automatically integrate :wacko: Sorry about that

It isn't actually in the brick, since the opening on mine was made by tiles around the brick, but you could use a Technic half pin in yours with no other changes required.

Ah, I see that's a simple fix

Edited by brickartist

EDIT: Weird, why didn't my quoting posts automatically integrate :wacko: Sorry about that

Because I posted in between your two posts, preventing them from merging. You can avoid this problem by clicking 'Multiquote' instead of 'Reply', and then when you click 'Add Reply' (at the bottom of the page, not on another post) the board will quote all the posts you chose to Mulitquote.

Because I posted in between your two posts, preventing them from merging. You can avoid this problem by clicking 'Multiquote' instead of 'Reply', and then when you click 'Add Reply' (at the bottom of the page, not on another post) the board will quote all the posts you chose to Mulitquote.

Ahhh I see, thanks Doc.