you know, i've been posting on EB for two/three months now, and i never made a formal introduction.

--------------------------------------------------

ABOUT ME:

im 26, and live in saint louis missouri, USA, home to the "western expansion memorial" aka... the saint louis gateway arch !!! my home rests about 1/2 a mile from the second largest river in the world, the mississippi river !!!

i am a full-time comic book artist, and graphic illustrator/designer... its a great job. one of my best friends (and comic convention buddy) draws the current BIONICLE comic for DC/LEGO (stuart sayger).

--------------------------------------------------

ABOUT ME AND LEGOS:

i remember getting classic space set #6809, xt-5 and droid back in 1987. it was my first LEGO set.

i've had three distinct waves of collection LEGOS. my first wave from 1988-1990 (when i was a kid) i collected space and town, but when pirates were released in 89' they became my instant fav !!!

my next wave was when i was a teen 1994-1998. the pirates expanded with the islanders, and they immediately caught my attention !!! to this day, the islanders are one of my fav themes (sub-themes).

my final wave of collecting LEGOs is the present one... i started buying vintage LEGO sets sometime last year... see, i kept having dreams of going to TRU and finding great deals on old LEGO sets. the only cure for these dreams were to satisfy them. and i did that by getting back into my favorite themes from my child and teen years.

you will probably see my efforts here on EB contribute mostly to WILD WEST topics !!! as it is my favorite theme, and has been even since 1996 !!! (i do live in the historic city of westward expansion, its only fitting, right)

next fav theme is adventurers (egypt primarily) followed by pirates (islanders primarily).

anyway, i just posted my first MOC, and felt this was an appropriate time to introduce myself to the rest of EB (those who don't browse the history themed forums).

GUNSLIGNERS SALOON wild west set # 6758, my first published MOC !!!

http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...?showtopic=5127

thanks for the great discussions, and i look forward to everyone i have !!!

- BrickMiner

oh, and i despise starwars !!! i felt i had to let it out of the bag, since it seems most of the founders of EB are starwars fanatics !!!

Hi Brickminer! You've been a great addition to EB so far, and I'm sure you'll continue to be. :-)

BTW, would be able to post some of your artwork? I'd be interested in seeing it.

oh, and i despise starwars !!! i felt i had to let it out of the bag, since it seems most of the founders of EB are starwars fanatics !!!

I am not lolol. So that makes 50% of the founders non star wars fanatic lol ! Glad you introduced yourself ! You do a cool job ! Lucky you !

Welcome to our nice little community BrickMiner !!

Glad you finally decided to do a nice intro so we can know you better !!

Despise SW ? Heretic !! :-D :-P

See you soon in Lego History and Adventure ;-)

*yoda*

Don't try to swotch the roles here my little green friend ! You are the heretic ! And you deserve this title much more than I do since you don't like Sienna Miller !

I am not lolol. So that makes 50% of the founders non star wars fanatic lol ! Glad you introduced yourself ! You do a cool job ! Lucky you !

oh, i guess i was looking through the "staff" page (linked from the home page) and saw quite a few mentions of starwars there... i suppose i ment "staff" not "founders." i appologize for mis-speaking jipay !!!

actually, i think the starwars LEGOs are pretty well done (aside from episode 3). but just like the LEGOs, the movies let me down with that last instalement !!! consiquntly, i no longer support starwars... I WAS REALLY LET DOWN !!!

BTW, would be able to post some of your artwork? I'd be interested in seeing it.
check back.

- BrickMiner

Welcome to EB Brickminer. Hope you have a good time here. As long as you keep your hatred of Star Wars under wraps then you'll do no wrong by me ;-).

Welcome to EB Brickminer. Hope you have a good time here. As long as you keep your hatred of Star Wars under wraps then you'll do no wrong by me ;-).
HA !!! it won't go any further than what has been mentioned in this thread ;-)

ok, by request... ive decided i'll show off some artwork... to be honest i wanted to keep hobby and career separate. but i walk around with a lego key chain at trade shows anyway...

so hear you go... its a very urban/animated look.

spiderman_print01_color.jpg

daredevil_print01_color.jpg

impressive work... I assume you use photoshop and illustrator a lot ! BTW it's funny to see how many of today's american cartoonist are using those samourai jake-like designs

Oooooohhhh!!! A comic book artist!! X-O X-O X-O

Did you already work for Marvel? (I assume this since you made the Spidey panels)

If so, what did you do? And are you drawing or coloring?

I feel somewhat familiar with your style, it reminds me alot of Ramos' "cartoonesque" artworks!

Actually I'm quiet curious since my other hobby besides Lego is comic books (though only Marvel based) and therefore I really feel happy that we got a member who is somewhat "building the bridge" (translated German saying, dunno if this makes sense in English.. :-P) between those two things! :'-)

Making the link/connection sounds more appropriate lolol ! But don't ask too much as BM said he doesn't want to share too much on this part of his life, which is something I can understand ;-)

Did you already work for Marvel? (I assume this since you made the Spidey panels)
the above work is not PRO work at all. just fun (personal) stuff for me :-P

i probably wont mention/post any pro work i have done on this message board.

see, i really just wanted to show EBers some of my applied experience in photoshop and illustrator. so, if a memeber has a question about digital imagery (with an artistic eye), i could be a resource for answers. this has already come up a little in my MOC thread.

i didn't sign up and participate in EB to promote my projects... i just want to enjoy my hobby and help it grow. if that means sharing some of my knowledge from other aspects of my life, then of course, i'll do it !!!

If so, what did you do? And are you drawing or coloring?
im the penciler/inker on the above pieces, i didn't do the colors.
I feel somewhat familiar with your style, it reminds me alot of Ramos' "cartoonesque" artworks!
that is funny you mention RAMOS, as his work on "spectacular spiderman" 1-15 was a major influence on the above spidey work, and all of my spidey work since creating it !!! he is amazing, and im glad to hear his work is appriciated in germany as well !!!

thanks for expressing your interest in comics ApophisV !!! X-D X-D X-D

and thanks to everone for the praise, i really appriciate it, as i am very proud of the work i do !!! :-$

- BrickMiner

Welcome i alredy seen your posts but anway welcome to euro bricks brickminer hope you enjoy it if you need anything pm me :-)

A) This thread is over 3 months old. No need to reply to it.

B) Brick Miner joined long before you, so why welcome him anyway?

C) Use punctuation please.

Sorry if that sounded harsh, but if you want to avoid the chamber, I think you should start improving your posting style real soon.

[A) This thread is over 3 months old. No need to reply to it.
well, i do have this thread linked in my signature, only serving the purpose of "about me" (no longer "welcome me") so ya, that makes you right here...
B) Brick Miner joined long before you, so why welcome him anyway?
however, if someone wanted to write a reply based on the artwork i posted, or something pertinent to the time, then i would think that would be appropriate *sweet*

it is weird welcoming someone who came before you :-D i think SWL! is just excited about my Ghost Town preview thread... he as ask me a couple times now about it ;-) and that is why he posted here.

- BrickMiner