distortme

MOC Death Star Bowling

gallery_101_23_281.gif

What did the Empire do with all of those droids after Order 66 came about? Bowling of course! Enjoyed by everyone in the Empire, even the Dark Lords themselves.

5383972911_6576fa8a63_z.jpg

This is my first MOC after returning from a 20 year sojourn away from my LEGO. I got the Naboo 2011 kit and thought bowling! Wanted to do the Gungans [still will!] but didn't have enough loose browns and greens to do it justice - so that'll come sooner or later.

More MOCs to come, and here are some roundabout shots [or hit my LEGO MOCs Flickr set].

5383982081_5222349408_z.jpg

Crowd shot

5383983115_17b3644b83_z.jpg

The "pins"

5384012733_b03066d833_z.jpg

Wider shot

5384015463_02ffe1066d_z.jpg

Front on to crowd. Dark Lords enjoying their quiet time, and the Apprentice and his girlfriend on their first date.

Love to read your thoughts!

What a way to come back to Lego building with this wonderful and ultra-hilarious vignette distortme! :laugh: I guess that's the perfect way to put to use those decommisioned battle droids. Great job on the bowling alley, it really has that Imperialish look on it. Just an excellent work overall, thanks for sharing this with us! :thumbup:

Love it, distortme. The Imperial theme is evident, yet it's distinctly a bowling alley.

BTW, why are half the lights above the pins red and half orange? Did you run out, or is the DS computer predicting which pins will fall?

Love it, distortme. The Imperial theme is evident, yet it's distinctly a bowling alley.

BTW, why are half the lights above the pins red and half orange? Did you run out, or is the DS computer predicting which pins will fall?

Ran out :/ I struggled to not alter it, but went with it as is. And now will take your theory as canon for the story :D

And now will take your theory as canon for the story :D

You're welcome. :tongue:

To make it more believable, you could move all the red ones to one side and put the ball on that side, 'cause right now either that Stormie is very weak or the DS computer has some seriously flawed prediction algorithms.

You're welcome. :tongue:

To make it more believable, you could move all the red ones to one side and put the ball on that side, 'cause right now either that Stormie is very weak or the DS computer has some seriously flawed prediction algorithms.

Remember this is DS1 - so with holes in trenches you're likely to see flawed prediction algorithms too :)

Remember this is DS1 - so with holes in trenches you're likely to see flawed prediction algorithms too :)

Fine. :wink:

Actually that bit was explained in the Death Star novel: The hole was to be removed per the orders of one of the architects, but said architect was questioning her allegiance to the Empire and didn't alter the blueprints, so while she was off planning her escape, some Wookiee worker went and added the exhaust port. In reality, were it not for the Wookiees enslaved by the Empire, Luke's torpedo would've exploded on the surface.

Anyways, back on topic. :classic:

Great job, as I said in the Photo topic. I love the window in the back, and the seating area and the alley are nice too. I'd love to do that with my BDs :devil:

Funny and AWESOME at the same time 'distortme' ! :laugh:

Is Vader drinking coffee or something else ? :wink:

Aw, his boss likes strawberry icecream.....who would have thought eh ? :laugh:

Great work and may the brick be with you ! :vader:

Actually that bit was explained in the Death Star novel: The hole was to be removed per the orders of one of the architects, but said architect was questioning her allegiance to the Empire and didn't alter the blueprints, so while she was off planning her escape, some Wookiee worker went and added the exhaust port. In reality, were it not for the Wookiees enslaved by the Empire, Luke's torpedo would've exploded on the surface.

Bah, retcons!

In any case, this is really quite funny...

Nice idea! The background looks like it's part of a larger scene, and it works well.

I had a similar idea with Astromechs and Jar Jar, but I don't have any MOC'ing talents, unfortunately. :tongue:

Edit: Oh, and that window is nice. :classic:

Edited by Delta 38

I remember my first MOC after a 24 year sojourn away from LEGO - it was ****! Yours however is great, it's imaginative, well built and funny too. Well done :thumbup:

Was playing through Lego Star Wars 3 tonight, Duel of the Droids level on free play, and in the last area there is a secret room to get a minikit.

Low and behold it seems Lego and Travellers Tales have the same idea!

5758463148_6d9f68a072_z.jpg

10 Droid pins and even the round red plates for the pin indicators. But I like the droidekas idea!

Blew me away. My wife and I just went - Wow. Wooooow.

Sorry the photo is so dark, iPhone shot in a blackened room.

What do you reckon?