Sign in to follow this  
Dix

WINTER BREAK: Dervish & Banges

Here is my WINTER BREAK entry. I decided to build the Dervish & Banges shop located in Hogsmeade. Orignally, it had a dormer at the height of the second floor and the ground was paved with dark tan tiles and the first and second floor with brown tiles. However, I removed them because otherwise it would exceed the 1000 piece limit. It is now just below this limit.

The pictures are still a bit dark. I'm sorry for that. It was very cloudy today.

5405733770_b1eec5a2cf_z.jpg

5401836765_97b41b8730_z.jpg

5402433102_0d6eee6bb4_z.jpg

5401840325_91c11fd7f4_z.jpg

5404520329_529bcc39d5_z.jpg

More pictures here:

I hope you all like it.

More info about the Dervish & Banges shop: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Dervish_%26_Banges

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Dervish_and_Banges_(The_Wizarding_World_of_Harry_Potter)

Edited by Dix

Holy Cow ! This is awesome !

A bit too awesome if you ask me :tongue:

You're a dangerous Contest participant. You have already beat us all on the Winter Village and I can't help feeling this is going to reach the TOP 3 once again :thumbup:

Great job on this creation ! The inside is wonderfull ! I love these bookshelves and these candles are fantastic ! These windows look great too, and the staricase thing on the inside is so cute ! :wub:

The Outside does kinda bug me However. The Roof is huge and ( a bit ugly :sad: ) It is so flat and plane, it looks even worse on the inside, the flat snow surface isn't great. You could have at least used brown pieces, for the inside. And put white over it on the outside, well, I guess you coudn't because of the pieces limit. ( I do already think you did a great job managing to keep it under the 1000 pieces, because it's HUGE !!!

Anyway, exept for that roof that I dislike, everything is perfect and best of luck in the Contest ! :laugh:

Edited by Geertos13

I think the roof gives it a lot of character and I really love how it contrasts with the crooked chimney. You need to stop buidling such great contest entries. Some of us would like a chance too. :laugh:

The Outside does kinda bug me However. The Roof is huge and ( a bit ugly :sad: ) It is so flat and plane, it looks even worse on the inside, the flat snow surface isn't great. You could have at least used brown pieces, for the inside. And put white over it on the outside, well, I guess you coudn't because of the pieces limit. ( I do already think you did a great job managing to keep it under the 1000 pieces, because it's HUGE !!!

Anyway, exept for that roof that I dislike, everything is perfect and best of luck in the Contest ! :laugh:

I actually didn't notice that it's a bit strange the roof is white from the inside :laugh: . I will have a look at that. Thanks! (However , I indeed have to take into account the piece limit).

Edited by Dix

That is great! I love the crowded interior, but the best thing is the roof for sure! I really like such 'Witch house roofs'!

You need to stop buidling such great contest entries. Some of us would like a chance too. :laugh:

I'm looking for a job right now. So, I've a lot of time to build :sweet: . However I hope I will soon find a job and as a result I likely will not have so much time left to enter contests.

I'm looking for a job right now. So, I've a lot of time to build :sweet: . However I hope I will soon find a job and as a result I likely will not have so much time left to enter contests.

Good! Maybe some of us will get a better chance at winning :grin: . Siriusly, this is definitely in my top three so far, the interior is absolutely incredible, and when i first saw the exterior, Hogsmeade is what first popped into mind. You did a great job capturing the roof, and the detail is amazing!

Good Luck in the contest!

Sirius

Edited by Sirius Black

Excellent work! I like the chandelier the most, but this whole MOC is just great and breathes the HP atmosphere!

Well i think you've just convinced me to abandon my entry and concentrate on my Hogwarts castle!! :laugh:

I think the roof is polarising people, some will love it and others won't. Personally I'm in the camp that loves it, really reminds me of Hogsmeade!

Well done mate, a fantastic addition to the winter break contest.

I love the roof. Every time I think of Hogsmeade I come to the strange, massively tall roof design of all buildings, which you've captured perfectly.. The cash register is nice too. :thumbup:

Wow, this looks wonderful, Dix. The roof gives a lot of character to it, and the "cluttered" interior reminds me a lot of the HP buildings in the early movies.

A few nitpicks that I have, though. First, I really think the greenery on the outside is too distracting and detracts from the winter-y feel and dark colors of the rest of the building. Also, the front windows remind me too much of the Grand Emporium set, maybe replace the gold studs with another color? And finally, this might just be the angle, but the chimney looks weird in comparison with the slant of the roof. I know it's supposed to look funky, as per many HP buildings, but maybe if you tried flipping it, so that it slants inward, it would compliment the shape of the roof better.

Oh, that seems like a lot, sorry. I do think this is a great entry so far, also in my top 3. default_thumbup.gif

Whoa! That is a spectacular piece of work, Dix! I love the staircase and the chandelier, and the windows and roof look brilliant. I'm blank away by how tall that roof is! Well done, Dix, and the best of luck to you!

Outstanding entry! It looks extremely accurate from the outside and has a highly detailed interior. :thumbup:

Extremely well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Wow thats really great. Unfortunately I started a similar version from one of the hogsmeade houses.

Hm I have to change something. Anyway.

I haven´t seen all the Potter movies, but the design looks a little bit like the Hogsmeade buildings in the HP Park.

A really nice design. Only the fact that they all have snow on the roof was a little bit silly due to the fact that the park in orlando always be over 30°C :tongue:

Excellent entry Dix! Definitely the exterior design is very unique and visually-pleasing with the high-ceiling roof work and the intricately-detailed curved windows. The interiors are quite fantastic too, with highly accurate details reminiscent of the movies. Great job and good luck! :thumbup:

Very lovely creation Dix!

I would certainly add the overall back view that you have in your flickrstream to the first post. Seeing the entire interior is wonderful! I especially like how you've built the shop in a sort of "cross-section" way; whole on one side, broken away on the other. That is great!

This is outstanding! It's so big, and detailed. The colors fit great! And the overall design is amazing. Most likely a winner if I'd choose! (no joke)

Fantastic entry, Dix! I liked it on first sight. It's so big and yet very magical and Harry Potter-like. It's like a simplified version of the film Hogsmeade shops, and that makes it better than the film buildings in Hogsmeade. The colours on the outside are very nice and I like the various details like the tiling. Very nice roof and chimney. The windows are also great.

The inside is charmingly magical! The store items are great in diversion, ranging from animals to wands. I like all the browns and the little details. The second floor looks also nice and very magical, almost random. Surely there should be some magic involved keeping that in the air in real life! Awesome chandelier. The roof from the inside doesn't look bad also. Really, great entry and good luck in the contest. I wouldn't mind seeing a town full of these kind of buildings. It would be huge! :grin:

Hi,

Love your model very much :):) It is gorgeous.

Here is my WINTER BREAK entry.

*SNIP*

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
Trimmed down ginormous quote

Hi,

Love your model very much :):) It is gorgeous.

Welcome to Eurobricks.

Please don't bump really old topics unless you have something really, really important to say. It's also bad manners to quote pictures (or really long posts) for no reason.

Thank you.