Henchmen4Hire

Space Police Attack Ship

Anyone want to help name this ship? How does the military name their craft? So far it's gonna be called "something"-X1 ("X1" meaning one pair of wings, "X2" will have 4 wings).

I don't want to create outlandish designs for the Space Police ships, so I tried to keep this one, uh, practical? Yeah, all those guns are very practical xD Colors used are black, white, dark bley, metallic silver cones/engine block.

And I should note, I'm waiting to get a few more pieces to clean up the cockpit and add final touches, some areas look ugly right now, and you may notice some missing white cheese wedges.

th_spacepoliceattackship2.jpg th_spacepoliceattackship3.jpg th_spacepoliceattackship2.jpg th_spacepoliceattackship5.jpg th_spacepoliceattackship7.jpg

spacepoliceattackship.jpg

spacepoliceattackship12.jpg

Not bad, eh? The "police" stickers are upside down because I used the wedges from Squidman's Escape. There's no reason for picking "33" as the unit's number, they're simply the only number-tiles I have, har har.

This is the first time I tried to add greeble and learned a few things in the process. I went kind of crazy on the underside, didn't have a plan for what I wanted! I was just trying to use up all my clips and stuff to see what could be made. I ended up with interesting, if not completely useless, features. xD

spacepoliceattackship8.jpg

The wings/guns come off easily, great so the minifigs can do some repairs, lol (I need to rework the area). Anyway, I like the effect the random pieces have when combined. The guns in front aren't bad I think, could be better?

spacepoliceattackship9.jpg

And yeah, there's a droid stuck under the ship :laugh: I didn't plan on incorporating it, just added it for giggles.

Can also pop off the rear black rocket thing and put the droid in there! Ideally I would just remove the silver engine thingy and replace it with the droid's green head, but it's a keychain and I can't get the head off x_X Any tips? I can easily "fix" minifigures, but there's just no good way to grip this thing's head! Maybe some padded pliers?

th_spacepoliceattackship6.jpg

spacepoliceattackship10.jpg

Here's an alt build/pic of the ridiculous piping, it flips out a little but usually lays flat like in the previous underside pic. I'm working on adding some landing gear, need one more of those white droid legs...

spacepoliceattackship11.jpg

And here's a pic of the original "prototype" before I improved it!

prototypespacepoliceship.jpg

Of course, improving it also means upgrading to a sexsssy female cop!

DSC_7973.jpg

DSC_7974.jpg

I wish we had gotten a female police torso... I hope it's released as a collectible minifigure!

Edited by DrNightmare

Nice, love all the guns. I would give the back of the engines some work though, maybe add two of these: 2654.gif at the back?

*edit* just saw the flames shooting out :tongue::laugh:

A name huh, what about 'interceptor'.

Edited by -zenn

I agree about the back of the engines, I can never figure how to make the back of them look good, I always leave them flat... or add giant flames :laugh:

The Skull Twins already have a car called "Skull Interceptor" so I want to give it a different name.

I like it!

For me, the nose of the prototype was better, but the guns on the final version rock :classic:

I'd love to see more space police 3 mocs, thank you for sharing.

I don't think there's a female space police torso, it's generic to all space police officers.

Is that the hair from the pharaoh's quest girl? Nice!

Yessss, everyone go build some Space Police ships!

I find the solution to any design flaw is to add more guns! xD

The hair is from one of the blond Collectible Minifigures, I changed the color in photoshop :D

Yessss, everyone go build some Space Police ships!

I find the solution to any design flaw is to add more guns! xD

The hair is from one of the blond Collectible Minifigures, I changed the color in photoshop :D

:laugh: I see it now! Cheater!

I'm sure I could build an interesting little fighter but I don't find the courage to break my SPIII sets.. .:sceptic:

(It would have a lot of guns :wink: )

Really nice!

Space Police is my favourite theme (though I only own the more recent sets and a few random parts from the older ones) and I think you've made a really good job of this.

Here in England, Space Police sets are not available through normal shops, and can only be bought from Lego Brand stores (of which there are very few, and none near to me) or Lego.com so I have to rely on older pieces for my Space Police MOCs so I can certainly appreciate your use of the older blue canopy piece and some of the older thrusters etc. I think it gives the MOC a classic feel.

It looks sleek and fast and I also think it's superior to the VX Falcon that comes with the Hyperspeed Pursuit set.

Also, I'm jealous of your laser guns :tongue:

And finally...I was going to comment on your topic you made about your Skull Twins speeder, but I'll just do it here instead - it's also I nice little MOC ansd suits the theme very well. I could see this pair of ships being released as a proper set in the theme :thumbup:

Will/Rocketbilly

I like it a lot. Looks true to the SP3 theme.

Anyone want to help name this ship? How does the military name their craft? So far it's gonna be called "something"-X1 ("X1" meaning one pair of wings, "X2" will have 4 wings).

Well, I still have no idea what "Raid VPR" is supposed to stand for, but military designations generally describe what the vehicle does, with "sexiness" a secondary consideration. This looks like some kind of SWAT rapid-response craft, with the heavy weaponry, and it has a bit of an insectile look, so how about something like "Mantis VRF" (for Versatile Response Fighter) or "Sting VRF"?

Edited by Gryphon Ink

Very nice Space Police ship DrNightmare! I really like the arsenal of weapons and gadgedtry that you've packed in this personal starfighter. Some interesting noteworthy details include the astromech unit in the rear, the clever use of the astromech droid legs at the underside, and the flames which provide a realistic effect in the engine thrusters. Good job overall! :thumbup:

Really nice!

Space Police is my favourite theme (though I only own the more recent sets and a few random parts from the older ones) and I think you've made a really good job of this.

Here in England, Space Police sets are not available through normal shops, and can only be bought from Lego Brand stores (of which there are very few, and none near to me) or Lego.com so I have to rely on older pieces for my Space Police MOCs so I can certainly appreciate your use of the older blue canopy piece and some of the older thrusters etc. I think it gives the MOC a classic feel.

Always good to be reminded how lucky we are in the US to get most of the sets, and to never take it for granted of course!

If anyone wants me to buy them some Space Police sets, just paypal me the money and I'll ship them as cheaply as possible. The sets will have to be shipped without boxes though to fit them in a flat rate envelope ($14) or flat rate box (I think it's like $25).

It looks sleek and fast and I also think it's superior to the VX Falcon that comes with the Hyperspeed Pursuit set.

Also, I'm jealous of your laser guns :tongue:

And finally...I was going to comment on your topic you made about your Skull Twins speeder, but I'll just do it here instead - it's also a nice little MOC and suits the theme very well. I could see this pair of ships being released as a proper set in the theme :thumbup:

Will/Rocketbilly

Thanks! You're right, they could be part of a set, I guess I built them together with that subconsciously in mind, haha.

I like the shape of the Falcon but the wings definitely need some bulking up. I'll add some white wedges and see how they look (can't believe I haven't done it already!)

I like it a lot. Looks true to the SP3 theme.

Well, I still have no idea what "Raid VPR" is supposed to stand for, but military designations generally describe what the vehicle does, with "sexiness" a secondary consideration. This looks like some kind of SWAT rapid-response craft, with the heavy weaponry, and it has a bit of an insectile look, so how about something like "Mantis VRF" (for Versatile Response Fighter) or "Sting VRF"?

Lol "Sting", I like the idea of the cops using names similar to the Skull Twins' vehicles (Barb Speeder) just to mock them :laugh: Sting VRF sounds good, I can make the ship live up to that name by making a few more things modular. The guns in front can already easily be replaced by fire hoses, missles, satellite dishes, etc.

Very nice Space Police ship DrNightmare! I really like the arsenal of weapons and gadgedtry that you've packed in this personal starfighter. Some interesting noteworthy details include the astromech unit in the rear, the clever use of the astromech droid legs at the underside, and the flames which provide a realistic effect in the engine thrusters. Good job overall! :thumbup:

Yesss, I like the droid legs too, good thing there are droid keychains on sale for $1.50!

Nice!

I find that this nose goes better with the cockpit part.

Nice photoshopping btw