Those models of yours is really awesome! Great idea to build like that.

Both the X-wing and the Snowspeeder looks really great.

I hope the guns distract you and prevent seeing the missing "power couplings" of whatever they are called. I need to redo those. Interior of the cockpit still missing aswell.

t-47_airspeeder_13.jpg

t-47_airspeeder_14.jpg

t-47_airspeeder_15.jpg

The back portion of the guns and the air brakes look fantastic!

I assume the red tips of the guns are going to be changed? And finally, the gun tips should be slightly thicker than the barrel. Not sure how to do that here, but something to think about.

Those orange highlights look fantastic, and I'm glad to hear that you intend to rework the power couplings (as that will also fix the issue of the misplaced struts in the canopy).

Nice work having only part of the canopy angle upwards; it looks very nice. The canopy is also higher up in the rear, with smaller windows: very good! (Though I think they could be just a bit smaller.)

A couple things I've noticed:

I think that the angle of inclination of the nose may be a tad steep. Compare with this reference picture:

jb_sspdr2.jpg

You can also see here that the tapering of the laser cannons should be more compact. The cannons should be at their thinnest point just behind the power couplings, and the short segment appears to line up with the pair of struts on either side of the canopy.

Something else; the cockpit hinge appears to line up with the vertex between the 'flat' and 'angled' edges of the wing, which is clearly not the case in your model. The length of the canopy looks about right to me;I would attribute the misalignment to the 'flat' edge being placed a bit too forward (since there obviously isn't much of it behind the repulsor drive units on your model).

The braking flaps seem too thick for me, but I guess others will be fine with it since it's SNOT. I really think click hinge plates would have worked better there, though.

As for the tips of the laser cannons, it looks like a couple of 2x2 round bricks could work there.

I think there could be more fins in the rear as well. I count fifteen in this picture; there are only ten on your model. If you use wing plates, or at least thinner Technic pieces, I think you could cram a few more in there.

Do you intend to go back and put in the little section of the wing that touches them?

On the other hand, I think the angle at which the laser cannons point inward looks fine. What do you all think?

*Here's one for the General Questions thread: why are ceroknight's comments on MOCs always so insubstantial? This isn't a flickr page.

drakmin, two important things I feel I should mention:

- The location of the laser cannons; the thickest portion should line up with the middle portion of the repulsor drive unit. It looks like if they were there, they would appear to be too far apart, indicating that you should consider making the whole thing taper in more, or at least adjust the wings so that the ends of the guns end up where they're supposed to be relative to the vertices on either side of the nose.

- The radiator assembly is missing a key component: the spool for the tow cable. You can see that there's a hollow with a little round thing interrupting the fins in the center here; that's where the cable can be seen detaching in Empire. :classic:

Speeder is now finished. It has some shortcomings mostly due to limited part collection but overall I'm satisfied with it. Fallenagel: you have been great help, thank you!

Where's the photos? I'll take photos and a video of functions tomorrow during daylight. ;D

Great work, drakmin. I notice you decided to go with blue seats - parts limitations or homage to Technic sets?

So when can we expect a video?

Thanks! Technic sets usually have blue seats so I decided to follow the tradition.

Here's a low quality cellphone video:

Edited by drakmin

:D What do you wan't to see built next?

A Millennium Falcon at the same scale. :sweet:

Or maybe a TIE, if you want to go smaller.

This is truly a fantastic MOC. I've really enjoyed watching both models come together, even though I'm not a big technic fan.

How about an A-wing? We can't seem to get that right with regular bricks....

How about an A-wing? We can't seem to get that right with regular bricks....

No, the problem is that the one person to get it right got it so right that no one bothers trying to come up with another design. :laugh:

But yeah, I'd love to see an A-wing if you can pull it off.

Absolutely stunning :thumbup:

I suppose some kind of Tie variant would be nice - it seems fair to build something Imperial.

Took it apart, stay tuned for a new thread ;D

t-47_airspeeder_16.jpg

osanam.jpg

Edited by drakmin

Shame that you've lost the shape of the repulsor drive units and that the guns are still a little misplaced, but great work!

What about an AT-ST?

Or just show me a better X-wing...

I'm very happy with the final product! This is the best Technic SW model I've seen. Too bad you took it apart.

wow...pretty much on par with UCS models. looks great! i'd love to see y-wing...one of my favorite UCSs after x-wing. any chance of parts list/instruction? (sorry if i missed your post about this) looks great!!!