BLEEEP!

I don't care if it's not available in America - I'm getting it!!!!!!!!

-CCOOK

Edited by Siegfried
Censored

Speculation!

A thought which went through my mind - if this does end up being just for Maersk (hoping not) then perhaps like the 3221 Lego Truck vs Toys R Us Truck (+ shop) - there would also be a version planned for AFOL - perhaps plainer colours? And that would really annoy TLG if it is released early.

Speculation.

To all of you writing what you're willing to pay: Write a *small* number. After all, we don't know if the price has been decided yet.

For a set with no motor and no track, $125 is a pretty steep number (that's more than the hobby train, the holiday train, or the Emerald Night). The BNSF + double-stack containers were $40 + $40 = $80. Add a few years of inflation, my guess would be $99.

My reasoning for $125 was that since this set includes more to build (and reasonably thus, more bricks) than the EN ($100) but no track for certain and likely no PF equipment, unlike the Cargo Train ($180), it seemed a reasonable and optimistically low number to me. It's really just an educat4ed guess.

Also, I still have to get one of the new train stations yet...

Man, I regret not having a credit card at the time TTX rail cars faded out.

Thus missing my last chance for North American Trains from Lego.

Or so I thought....

Fast forward to now and being way over 18 and having one.

I want this set and will save every last penny for it. :cry_happy:

The engine and cars look beautiful and I love the tractor and trailer.

This set would nice in almost any layout's cargo yard and especially ones with harbors.

I will be counting down when to when this set is released. :grin:

9842 views on this thread thus far, I think this set is gonna do alot for Lego trains future.

We're still not sure we'll be able to buy this, are we?

The Maersk Ship is just awesome, and I'd love to get it except that in considering finances and the themes that I like the most (and what else is coming out this year), I was going to pass - but if I know I can get the train when it comes out, I would really prefer the combo to have on a layout.

The train is minifig scale, whilst the boat isn't. Irrespective, it would be a great combined set, just need a new harbour crane.

This is now top of my 2011 want list :-)

Link to Brickset

10219-1.jpg

And now, all we can do is wait.......I hope TLG will come somewhat earlier with the release. Maybe we have to wait till August or something...that would be a real pain!!!

If i have any news, i will post it here !!!

Absolutely beautiful! Cannot wait to have it in my LEGO city :classic:

And now, all we can do is wait.......I hope TLG will come somewhat earlier with the release. Maybe we have to wait till August or something...that would be a real pain!!!

If i have any news, i will post it here !!!

It's absolutely likely that TLG will release it in March/April (like they did with the Emerald Night) - otherwise they wouldn't have (had) this picture on their server.

Now the only thing which is missing in this set is Maersk Container Truck (which can fit two containers and which comes with two containers and a driver). Let's hope that we'll get one next year!

Plus - with last year's cargo train and the many trucks and now this set - in 2012 it's really time that we'll get a re-designed Cargo Center!

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

It's absolutely likely that TLG will release it in March/April (like they did with the Emerald Night) - otherwise they wouldn't have (had) this picture on their server.

Now the only thing which is missing in this set is Maersk Container Truck (which can fit two containers and which comes with two containers and a driver). Let's hope that we'll get one next year!

Plus - with last year's cargo train and the many trucks and now this set - in 2012 it's really time that we'll get a re-designed Cargo Center!

Klaus-Dieter

Klaus-Dieter, that would be interesting, a Cargo Center.... one can expand such a center with lots of extra containers and other stuff!

I hope that the Maersk Train will be on the market soon. Although i live in the Netherlands, it is only about 1 hour of driving for me to reach the TRU-shop in Duisburg... or the Lego_shop in Oberhausen...so.... i have a great accessibility to the new set, i hope!!!!

I might be interesting to buy it at S&H because of the VIP-point...

Do you have access to sources with provide you with information about new sets? I got a mail from Lego which said that maybe the set comes on the market, but the policy is that they cannot/may not tell anything about it......

Greetz, LegoSjaak

We're still not sure we'll be able to buy this, are we?

Of course it will come available soon. Why else did lego retailers receive this picture?

The Maersk Ship is just awesome, and I'd love to get it except that in considering finances and the themes that I like the most (and what else is coming out this year), I was going to pass - but if I know I can get the train when it comes out, I would really prefer the combo to have on a layout.

You'd need to have some distance between the ship and the train because it's on different scales. If the ship is still some distance away from the harbour, then the smaller scale will be OK (do you have blue base plates?).

Of course it will come available soon. Why else did lego retailers receive this picture?

What retailers received the picture? I thought it was on S@H Website... it's just the one picture, and it's not a photo of a catalog, like we see with other sets.

You'd need to have some distance between the ship and the train because it's on different scales. If the ship is still some distance away from the harbour, then the smaller scale will be OK (do you have blue base plates?).

Of course. I was even getting them from LEGO Education before TLG started selling them separately again (although you had to buy a bunch of other stuff to get one).

By the release of this set in the not too distant future, I suppose the Emerald Night won't be available any more quite soon. So I want to warn everyone who hasn't got an Emerald Night yet. Grab one before it's gone for good!

Edited by legotrainfan

Reading through some of the brickset comments... and also about the London Toy Fair.

1. It seems the picture was posted on the Lego cache website. TLG seem to be annoyed that it was accidentally released, as it was supposed to be a surprise at an AFOL event....

2. There will (apparently) be 5 harbor sets released during 2011 - including one with a cargo / grain capacity. But no pictures or further details provided so treat as speculation.

3. Lego stand at London Toy Fair was closed to cameras - and apparently only open on an invite basis. So news will understandably be scarce, and I respect that.

Lets be good to TLG and now wait patiently for whichever big AFOL event (including a railroad section) is approaching. Some people seeing it in the flesh will be very lucky. It also seems that some people have seen it in the flesh and are honoring TLG's wishes (not me).

2. There will (apparently) be 5 harbor sets released during 2011 - including one with a cargo / grain capacity. But no pictures or further details provided so treat as speculation.

If you're talking about the new city harbor sets, there's no need to speculate - quite substantial evidence of those sets coming has been out for almost a month now. Have a look here.

This wonderful set also clearly shows that TLC takes our opinion and criticism seriously. I can remember that many criticised the Emerald Night set because it came with only one waggon. Eh voilà! Set 10219 comes with two waggons! ...or do you think this has nothing to do with the comments made on the Emerald Night?

I hope its on sale for a few years because I will have to wait until my next Birthday to get one, I wonder how much it'll cost

£80

£100?

This wonderful set also clearly shows that TLC takes our opinion and criticism seriously. I can remember that many criticised the Emerald Night set because it came with only one waggon. Eh voilà! Set 10219 comes with two waggons! ...or do you think this has nothing to do with the comments made on the Emerald Night?

Or, if your pessimistic, TLG have ultimately decided that the three-car train rule is in effect. I.E TLG picture the tender car of the EN to be a complete train car in itself, and not part of the engine like most steam fans, thus EN is a three-car train. The fact that this set has it's engine entirely contained within one 'carriage' could mean TLG coincidentally 'frees' up a car slot for an actual freight car this time around, if you catch my drift.

In any case, this is a must buy for me, since I missed out on a BNSF and Intermodals in my dark ages. Well, time for another round of a sighing GF and disapproving looks from the rest of my family when it arrives in the mail. Possibly twice, haha.

Oh, and to the OP, No. No, I was certainly not ready for this. Ears are bleeding from the mind-blasting.

Edited by BrickStorm