Looks like a nice set to me..... ofcourse it would look better with extra container-cars, but first lets hope this set will be also on the European market!!!

Will follow this thread!!!!

Paul, thanks for the pictures!!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Oh and checking the picture again - it seems the bogeys are un-motorised (the decal is too uniform) - so perhaps an upgrade feature like EN - especially when the new 7938 / 7939 powered bogeys are produced. Not sure where the power supply unit could sit (unless it too is custom coloured) - and the front nose could (potentially) conceal a IR receiver - hopefully with a suitably coloured grey base.

Actually, look again! The IR reciever is in the roof, just in front of the fourth fan! In order for it to fit, it would be mounted sideways. The battery box could be hidden behind the SNOT siding pieces which currently have the Maersk logo on them. As for the motor bogies, I'm not so sure. Either bogie could be a motor with that decorative piece on the side. The other bogie could also use the decorative part and the new rail wheels with cross axle. You never know, but I see how PF could be in this set.

Here...

maersk_loco_labels_small.jpg

Edited by Jay Sathe

I agree, it's a really good-looking set. A must-have for any collector. The train is quite similar to the BNSF, but with that colour scheme it's still very different, and that truck is great. Really looking forward to getting my hands on this one - if it's indeed released to the general public and not just for Maersk employees. Still, the Maersk ship did make it to S@H so why not this?

The picture has already been removed from Brickset, but this is spreading like a rash all over the web, so it probably won't be very hard to find it even if it gets pulled from this thread as well. A quick Google search proves that point.

Gorgeous.

Providing it's not for employees only, I predict that it'll cost the same as the new Maersk container ship, i.e. a little over £100.

Bring it on !

Dr. D.

Oh...wow.

I guess that explains the return of the Maersk ship. It's beautiful, but I don't think my budget can take on this and Star Wars at the same time...

OH my! This is just... I don't know what to say... The entire set looks awesome, but a few minor things bug me

-It's an american style train (I just don't like them, but that's because I never see them here :tongue: )

-Is it possible to motorize this train with the new PF stuff (lights anyone?)

All in all it looks like a great set and a worthy follow up to the emerald night

Well, if you think about it, the Emerald Night was a European-styled train (American steam locos did not have smoke deflectors), and both of the current PF train sets are also European-style. I think it's only fair for this one to be American-styled. While it is true that this will be the third licensed American-styled locomotive set, at least this time it is a worldwide company and not just American specific (like BNSF or Santa Fe).

Hello new train set YESSSSS !!!!! and american Diesel it is a shame it is only a gp40 looking engine i would love to see a sd40-2 or a sd45...

Actually, it looks to be based on an SD40. Look at the length of the locomotive and especially the long hood. The only thing that it is missing is the 3rd axle, but we all know that's very difficult to do in Lego and still power it. Here's a real-world example (from BlueMoose at Brickset):

7088.1199811600.jpg

This is what we have been all waiting for OH YEAH......the best cargo train EVER ! :laugh:

We ALL want it !

Can we get bigger images, I love the truck and that engine......the COOLEST ever ! :grin:

Okay, I love this set ! :wub:

I just wrote in the city 2011 topic......best Lego set of the year and why it's a smegging TRAIN ! :grin:

Must breath again.......! :laugh:

Any idea on pricing and release dates ?

Brick On 2011 ! :grin:

Quick edit - save the image now....Brickset were asked by you know who to remove it !

Edited by lightningtiger

"Were we ready for this?" -- Love the title! Makes me think:

"LEGO - Ambushing Even The Most Conservative Customers' Wallets Since 1949"

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

This rockets to the top of my want list. I will be buying at least 3 of these sets.

Edited by Veeb0rg

Wow man!!

I haven't read the topic title, and it was a big shock to me when I saw that picture!!

*oh2*:wub: Ok, I've already changed my "21th century favourite set" from Emerald to this fantastic train!!!

I presume that it'll cost about 130-150 euros..but it is still a great deal!

I just hope that it will not be a Maersk employee set only.. :look:

Hands up who saw that one coming! Nope, I don't see many hands at all.... :classic: Much as I like it, given the narrow clearance I have on my layout if the wagons are 8 wide it might be tricky. I'd seriously look at buying a couple to double head them.

Andy

The truck or say, tractor is one of these.....

showimage3.jpg

Though in different colours, but Lego have done an AWESOME job on recreating one of these container handling trucks.

Keep on waiting for this one eh ? :grin:

I must have multiples of this set! Will fit into my layout theme amazingly!

1/3 Intermodel terminal, 1/3 city and 1/3 farm!

Want Want Want!!

Greetings! :classic:

With the creator lighthouse sland and hillside house sets along with the "mystery" exclusive modular building and a new city bank.....and now this!!! Looks to be another fund taxing year! Any idea when this wonderful set will be released? I hope this is not another promotional set like the 4999 Vestas....took quite a long time to get a hold of one of those.

Edited by Vestabuyer

This is absolutely great news.

I hope PF is just standard expansion and hopefully done better than in 10194 EN. I would actually put it stronger - if this is not PF ready set, it means train PF is just a total failure.

I fully agree this is a 'buy at least two' type of set, especially if you can at least double payload wth PF without any issues.

Finally, I see this as at least £100 set unfortunately.

Does anyone even want to guess how long the engine is? My guess is a 28 studs long base, with extensions of 2 studs on each end. But then again: it looks longer than the freight cars, which are 34 studs long (at least!). Mabye this is a new, longer train baseplate? And how much do you think the set's going to cost? My best bet would have to be $100 US dollars withouht PF elements. With those elements, I'd say $150 US dollars. I hope it won't be the same price (or more!) of the 2010 CITY Cargo Train. What do you guys think the price will be?

Well I think this means that Maersk Blue helmets are going to be going for less than $177 after this comes out!

As for the set, I'm not really a big fan of freight diesels so I'll probably give this a miss.

WOW this is a nice set.

Not interested in it myself since I dont build train much and since it doesn't have enough Maresk Blue to do anything usefull with (and since I have so many other wishlist items this year like the Atlantis temple and Diagon Alley) but I am sure the guys at the club will be interested.

I love this set but will definitely cry if it costs $150+. Please, Lego, make it $120-130 at most. And I don't need it to come with power functions, increasing the set price, seeing as I will likely slap a 9v motor in it anyway since I only own/run 9v Lego trains.

"Jaw drops"

This is absolutely spectacular! I do believe that it will be expensive though. With this and the Emerald Night, i just might get into trains! Lego really pulled out all the stops on this, its better than the EN.

When does it come out? I may have missed it if someone said.

Sirius

Just what power functions needed an awesome diesel loco,I want 3 and I want them yesterday.

This set is killer good, cant f'ing wait wooohooo.:)