• 5. Excellent
    • 4. Good
    • 3. OK
    • 2. Poor
    • 1. Horrid

indexed.gif

Set Index: Breez 2.0

DSC06982es.JPG

Natalie Breez is back! I like the new canisters. I must admit though that I am surprised that TLG keep making them. I personally find them useful and still have all of mine, but I keep reading how people often throw them out. As a guess they'd add 10% to the cost which for many people would be better spent on extra parts.

DSC06984es.JPG

Hmmm. Preston and Natalie combine... no I won't go there.

DSC07025es.JPG

Full parts list.

DSC06986es.JPG

No pins. No axles. No gears. As a long term buyer of this type of LEGO it's interesting... and good. It makes the line fresh. Even so, there are no spares in this set.

DSC07143es.JPG

Having a custom printed part each set is smart. I think it would have been better without the name, but I suppose it has it's advantages and disadvantages. It is more relevant for the theme, them being heroes and all.

DSC07135es.JPG

At last it's possible to get inside the head of a woman....!

DSC06988es.JPG

The visor head/headband/face thing. It attaches top and bottom using the common HF tabs.

DSC07198es.JPG

To me the rear is the highlight; it's a classic! As Peppermint_M said to me...

briareos-tereus.jpg

"Yay, Masamune Shirow bunny ears!" :laugh:

DSC06996es.JPG

Each hero set uses the same head, which is hardly surprising. It's a nice new mold though.

DSC06997es.JPG

At the bottom is a well re-enforced ball joint receptacle...

DSC06998es.JPG

...and the top has the HF tabs.

DSC06999es.JPG

While I do like this head piece, I think it would have been better if the piece covered her head less. In fact, some of these pieces give me naughty knife-involving customisation thoughts...

DSC07000es.JPG

I like the new head top, but I think TLG should have had at least one of the sets without it for variety reasons. The "goggle" part in particular is too dominant.

DSC07001es.JPG

Same standard HF connection.

DSC07193es.JPG

Finished! Her head is hard to pose; I think she looks odd if you can't see the "eyes".

DSC07144es.JPG

Nope! Still didn't manage it!

DSC07196es.JPG

The new parts do give the figures a more fuller rear, but it still is a weak spot. Does her butt look big in this? No! (In fact at 75 grams she's one of the lighter Heroes!)

DSC07191es.JPG

Battle!

Ratings

Posability:

If you want her eyes showing you'll either need just the right angle or a really bright light, but aside from that very! 8/10

Parts:

A quite good blend of parts, especially in regard to the amour pieces. 9/10

Looks:

Err.... this is female? It's an odd enough idea that they even have male/female, but I really wish TLG would make their female action figures look more distinctive. To my knowledge they've only done it once with 8761 Roodaka, who had hair, heels, earrings... and boobies! :wub: I'm not saying that boobies-make-the-girl, but I do think there should be some difference that seems feminine. The most perplexing thing is that the core piece is the wide shoulder version.... :wacko: 5/10

Fudge:

She doesn't look like a she. Bla bla bla 5/10

Overall:

Sorry to say I'm a bit disappointed again with the female hero. 6/10

DSC07171es.JPG

Take that Von!

Great review. I agree with you, that the only reason this is the worst Hero is the fact that she isn't really a she.

8761 Roodaka, who had hair, heels, earrings... and boobies! :wub:

Not to mention a bit of pohatu nuva claw booty shaping. And for the record, all the silver coloration is such to suggest she's wearing everyone's favorite ol' fantasy standard, the armor bikini.

We don't necessarily need the rest of the ladiebots quite that sexed up..

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

We don't necessarily need the rest of the ladiebots quite that sexed up..

No, we don't! I'd like them a sexed up just a little bit... :wink:

Nice work! I like the fact that she comes with two hands. :wub: I've already gotten two of the Hero's I think I'll add Breez to the mix too.

Pretty good review, Siegfried.

When it comes to female characters, TLG made a quite good job with Kiina IMO.

Pretty good review, Siegfried.

When it comes to female characters, TLG made a quite good job with Kiina IMO.

Agreed. Kiina was pretty great considering her price point and number of new pieces.

I agree that Breez isn't overtly feminine like Kiina and Roodaka were, but I have to point out a couple of things. First of all, these aren't the first sets with wide-shouldered and narrow-shouldered variants. The Toa Mata also had this trait, depending on which way the shoulder joints were aligned. Guess which variant the lady of the group used. Granted, Gali had other considerations to make her more feminine, like a fuller chest and fuller hips. But without being informed prior, most people I know can't recognize that Gali's a female character, any more than they could with Mistika Gali Nuva or Turaga Nokama. A blocky y-joint and four friction pins can only accomplish so much...

Second, it doesn't redeem the actual set, but as far as the character design is concerned a few feminine movements go a long way. Wonder if it'll ever be realistic to hope for actual waist articulation in a full canister set series...