Bonaparte

Our Zorro (Dieter) passing away

Wow, this is very sad, especially since he died young. :pir-cry_sad:

May his effort in building Classic-Pirates.com never go to waste.

Hello.

I am quite shocked to read this. It is always sad to loose a community member even if you didn't know him in person. It's the entirety of us all that makes this great community, but now we are missing one well-regarded voice. Maybe we can find a little solace in the fact that our community is immortal and thus everyone who contributed in it will be immortal as well.

My sympathies.

Christopher

I barely new him, but it's very sad to learn that he's dead, he was only 27 years old?

I hope that what he started with Classic Pirates will live on.

Wow, this wasn't what I was hoping to see when I got back after a long time of absence.. :pir-cry_sad:

Dieter, I hope you're in a better place now. We've had a great time, and you helped me through a tough time, and I realize, I've never thanked you for this.

I'm never good a saying goodbye, but this time I have to. It's never a good thing that someone passes away, especially when they're so young like you. Only 27..

Dieter, we zullen je hier missen. Je was een geweldige aanwist op het forum.

Wouter.

I barely new him, but it's very sad to learn that he's dead, he was only 27 years old?

I hope that what he started with Classic Pirates will live on.

Usually, people die prematurely due to health concerns e.g. heart attack, brain anurysim, cancer, etc.

I have been gone for a very long time. I have been too busy working and after trying to participate in several contests and finding I didn't have enough time to even stick two bricks together I went away. I logged on today after a very long time to find that the person I respected the most on this site has passed away. There are many times where my emotion got the best of me, and Zorro was always picking the right words to settle me down or defuse a situation. It takes a lot for a person to do that and this is but one of the many reasons I respected it. I find it very difficult to be coming back into LEGO again and get this news. Part of my heart really hurts. I also find myself questioning my own mortality when someone younger than me, and in many ways wiser, has passed.

Rest in piece my friend. May perpetual light shine upon you. All of my love to you and your family. I never understood how little pieces of plastic could form such friendships, but maybe it is better we do not question it.

After some time away from these forums, i was surprised and saddened to read this news. I cant say i knew him well, but his forum name is definetly one which i instantly remembered due to his activity and commitment. My thoughts are with his family.

RIP.

Much like Duck I have been away from the forums for a bit and I am shocked to see this news. I never met Zorro but his posts were always informative and he is one of the names I remember well from when I first started to browse Eurobricks. My thoughts are with his family.

Rest in peace.