Bonaparte

Our Zorro (Dieter) passing away

Condolences to Dieter's mother and brother. While I never knew Dieter personally it is never nice to hear news like this. Im glad the community is able to pull together to show its support for our members. Rest in peace friend.

I really don't know what to say, I am completly speachless... He helped me alot in my early days and I just don't know how to take this. I just don't know how to find the words to express how hurt I am by this. May he rest in peace, our dear Lord Admiral Zorro...

Forever mourning,

Capt. Stabbin(USA, 29)

:jollyroger:

Like many of my fellow EB members, I hadn't got the time to know Dieter on this forum, I rarely entered the pirate forum, and I can't say I remember him leaving it, I could imagine someone like that was really dedicated to their work, and for that I can appreciate how many of you praise him for being a great mod. It is truly sad to see people go at such a young age, and I could not begin to imagine the impact that would have on a mother, or father, or any family member for that matter, and with that my heart goes out to his family, and my prayers will be with them tonight.

So long as they are with your memories, they will never die, only when we forget will they truly leave us

-Sok117, Stefan K

Wow, I can't believe that this happened all of a sudden...to me it's like the announcement of Nate Neilson, except worse as I knew more about Dieter and talked to him a few times back in 2009 and 2010. He was a great member here on Eurobricks, and I'll miss his presence in the community. Even though I currently am not active here, I still feel saddened by the great loss his family is feeling.

May he rest in peace.

Edited by ILikePi

Wow. This is depressing. I didn't really interact with him much (at all, maybe) but I loved looking at his MOCs and his posts were so insightful and great. I'm so sorry for his family's loss and this site's loss.

Rest in Peace, Zorro. We miss you.

KingoftheZempk

P.S. Zorro, if you can somehow read this, I hope you're building a new ship for us to see one day.

Free life lesson; if someone doesn't tell you a personal detail there's a good chance they either can't or don't want to.

Free life lesson: if someone makes a point of asking a question, there is a reason for it.

Free life lesson #2: mysteriously unexplained death at a young age inevitably leads to suspicion.

I've never met Zorro in person, but he was the one who gave me my rights as Pirate blogger, which I have to this day. He also taught me how to do the job for a short while. He was also a very friendly person and a passionate LEGO fan. We will not forget him, that's for sure. I wish his family all the best for these tough times.

saddened by the loss of a wonderful and talented individual who contributed greatly to the community and to our lego pasttime/hobby/job etc. My prayers goes out to his family.

Although i have never met him in person, nor spoke via the forum pm, etc, his contribution in doing the things that he did, has benefited thousands of lego fans worldwide. having only been on Eurobricks for awhile, the collective efforts of all the moderators have made this forum site seamlessly operational, which i have enjoyed my stay. Certainly from the eulogies of the other thread, the late Mr Dieter was a great moderator in this pirates forum.

May he rest in peace.

Edited by Tomcat RIO

Free life lesson #2: mysteriously unexplained death at a young age inevitably leads to suspicion.

Indeed it does. But this is not a gossip column so please stop being rude in the memorial topic of my lost friend.

I am truly saddened to hear about the tragic loss about one of Eurobricks' best. His legacy will be well remembered in the many contributions he made to this community. My deepest condolences go out to his family and friends.

Hey Dieter,

Disappointed to hear this news...well, not that it's your fault or anything. But it is a shame indeed, you were great company and you added a huge amount to this forum as a whole, and certainly to my personal forum experience. You joined up in the Shipyard and I trained you for blog work, but talking on MSN/email etc. we became quite good friends. We raced to...was it 1000?...posts, and both got slapped on the wrist by the higher up staff for making pointless posts.

Haha, I remeber reading that you were a loose cannon somewhere...now look what happened and how the tables turned. xD

You really added to this forum, and no doubt to your local society as well. No-one ever said anything bad about you - well not that I read anyway. =P

I don't know what you believe happens now, but I hope it's working out well for you. Good work as a pirate Zorro, and even better work as a person. You were a great friend, mentor and colleague.

Ye may not survive to pass this way again, and these be the last friendly words ye'll hear!

I'll see you on the other side mate. ;)

Yours in appreciation,

Connor

While I did not know of Zorro,

I do know a little about losing a family member at an early age. My older brother died unexpectedly in 2007. He was 30 years old. Unfortunately the cause of death was never determined.

I dont know the details of Dieter's passing but no matter what the reason, it was too soon. No parent or sibling should go thru this.

The best advice is to always remember the good times. The pain will be come duller as time passes. However jealousy of others and context always brings the loss and memory of my brother back to my mind and the pain returns.

Solace your self that you loved Dieter and he loved you in return.

As my mother says, about my brother, he will no longer have to suffer this life. Dieter is at peace now.

I did not know him, other than his posts, but he will be missed. My condolences to his family - this is a hard time, and so shocking with someone so young. May he rest in peace (and hopefully with a heaven filled with LEGO! :) )

It's very dissapointing for a person dying so young.

How did he die?

His MOCs live on, even to this day!

Edited by BrickWild

Have the Mods and Admins thought about doing a video showcasing his work yet.

Patience....patience. Things are being discussed :pir-wink:

Edited by Ratshot

We'll miss ya Dieter. Thanks for all the input you put in over the years making Classic pirates and EB a better place, I wish I could have gotten to know you better.

You won't be forgotten, Rest in peace.

CF