Bonaparte

Our Zorro (Dieter) passing away

I am very sorry to hear this. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

Too young for such a lovely person and friend to leave us behind. Zorro (Dieter) was the epiphany of selflessness. His tireless contributions to Eurobricks and in particular Classic-Pirates were outstanding. To his mother and brother my sincerest commiserations in this time of loss. Here is a little tribute to Zorro from myself and TheBrickster.

gallery_174_93_107628.jpg

Godspeed

Josh/Australia

I couldnt resist tears when i saw that MOC ISC and Brickster. Very nice job and such a sad feeling it has. Great work

Captain Becker

Edited by I Scream Clone
Fixed spelling

I hope that his family and friend overcome these sad lost as soon as possible e stays only with happy memories of Dieter!

I always came to E.B. and he was organizing or posting something related to our hobby! We lost a precious friend and Afol.

In the name of all afol`s of LugBrasil,

Rodrigo Laureano

It's always tragic to lose a friend, and a member who contributed so well and was liked by so many. My deepest condolences to his friends and family. :sadnew:

~Sam

wow, I shocked by this. Although I have not met him, I believe he was the nice person to let me on to the shipyard crew. :pir-cry_sad:

A very friendly man.

He will be missed by all of us.

Losing someone in a family, even if it's in an online community, is always an unfortunate and sad event. Even if I have not interacted with Dieter that much here in the forums, I am still deeply saddened with this tragic news. Eurobricks will certainly miss his contributions, but most of all, the friendship he has created throughout the community. My sincerest condolences to Dieter's family.

May you rest in peace Lord Admiral Zorro. :sadnew:

Good night admiral.

While I didn't know him personally, I think we've all felt the blow of one of our family's passing. :pir-cry_sad: My sincerest condolences to his mother and brother.

"The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they he did here."

-from The Gettysburg Address, by Abraham Lincoln

... :pir_bawling:

-Santhor

Edited by Santhor

27 is far too young. He will be remembered always by his kindness and good spirits.

Fair winds and following seas :pir_bawling:

Rust in vrede, Dieter.

Van harte gecondolerd met de verlies van je broer, zoon, of familiegenoot - het is niet eerlijk dat jullie dit is overkomen...

- Pieter (25), Nieuw Zeeland.

---------

Rest in peace, Dieter.

My heartfelt condolences for the loss of your, brother, son or familymember - it is not fair that this has happened...

- Pieter (25), New Zealand

Please Read This it Might Be a GOOD Idea

Question, First of all, I understand losing a love one, I have lost one, once a year the past few years *starts crying and looks for tissue*

Anyway could the Mods, Admins, Regulars put together a video with Memorys of Mr Zorro, I never knew him, but maybe a video of pics and Lego Pics, may be a good thing to do in memory of him.

GoodBye Mr Zorro, Thanks for all you did.

:pir_bawling::jollyroger:

Edited by Sam Vimes

May you rest in peace Zorro.

I have read may comments about how kind, generous and friendly Zorro was. For a man as young as 27 to have made a great impression on so many people is amazing.

To Zorro's loved ones I offer my sincere condolences.

*Lowers the flag to half-mast and offers a final salute*

Pirate

This is terrible news. I did not know Dieter as a friend but he seem like a great person from his post I have read, and thank you Dieter for all your hard work on EB, this site is a great escape for many. He will be in my thoughts as well as his family. RIP.

-Bejaune

Without a doubt, Zorro has been the most committed and hardworking person I've recruited to Classic-Pirates.com. He was always eager to learn and very agreeable which saw him climb the ranks in record time.

We spent many hours brainstorming future directions for Classic-Pirates.com and he had an incredible knack of keeping me motivated.

Admiral Sir, I give you a final salute!

It's a sad day. :pir_bawling:

Your classic pirates forum inspire me, let me starting my Oriental Empire.

Thank you for providing classic pirates with all the models over the years even though I had only joined two years ago.

You may be moving on but we will always remember you as the admiral.

i do not know Dieter personally nor have i had any "conversation" here with him...but...

it is still sad when someone in the community leaves us.

R.I.P Dieter.

My thoughts are with his family.

How Tragic, one so young, swept away by death himself

My deepest sympathy for you, your family and friends

Rest in Peace, young Dieter and may God's light bring peace to your family and friends at this very difficult time

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. ~From a headstone in Ireland

Thanks for all the stuff you did for EB Dieter.

Thanks for always being friendly and helpfull.

Thanks for having met you in Günzburg.

Thanks for the time I've known you.

Gone, but never forgotten.

Rest In Peace friend.

Zorro was one of the first members to greet me to Eurobricks. From that moment I knew that if a staff member greeted mere neophytes, this forum was a friendly community. He will be missed quite certainly. My thoughts are with his family at this difficult time.

Goodbye Lord Admiral Zorro.

I have not been frequenting this forum much of late, but I still check the front page often. So I was shocked and astounded when I read the news of Zorro's passing away.

It's difficult to come up with words to express the feeling that I think we all share, so I'll simply say this:

I never had the pleasure of meeting Dieter, but from what I experienced on the forums, he was a brilliant, lively fellow who always did his best to assist others, whether it be answering a question, giving tips on a MOC, or even just making someone laugh.

Even though we never really communicated directly, I will still miss him very much.

My condolences to his family, especially his brother and mother.

Whatever happened, I hope he's safe and happy.

-A.S.

I've got no words, because of the futility of a speech in these moments, and my scarce (surely culpable) knowing of Dieter's work :sad: .

I just can say, see you :sad: .