Bonaparte

Our Zorro (Dieter) passing away

Such terrible news. My thoughts go out to his family.

I will always remember him as a very kind and friendly person and committed EB member, and we will all miss him dearly.

Thanks for everything Zorro, you will not be forgotten. :sad:

To the friends and family of Dieter,

From what I knew of him, Dieter was a highly valued and influential staff member on our site as well as a great friend to many. His legacy will live forevermore within the hearts and minds of our community.

We are blessed to have our dear friend Tom to comfort you in conveying our sympathies.

Sincerely,

Nathan

(New York)

Very, very sad news. I only knew Dieter from the Reviewers Academy, I believe we graduated at the same time. He was a helpful and friendly member, and I know he was a big help with C-P.com.

He will be missed. My condolences to his friends and family.

This is very shocking and so young. My deepest condolences.

He was a great friend to all. I remember Skype chatting with him several times, and they were great. He was great. I'm so sad that he's gone now. He'll be remembered.

To Dieter.

So young and taken so suddenly, it is terrible. Dieter, I know, was a cornerstone of this forum and was always around. Although I did not know him personally but I know he will be missed by all here and in real life. Sympathies to his family at this time, I can only imagine how much you will miss him.

Rest in Peace

I personally didn't know him on the forums, but I have seen him around here. Seeing and knowing the dedication he has put forth towards the site and the support he has recieved, it is never the same when someone like that is no longer around.

My condolences to friends and family. May he rest in peace.

-Omi

I'm shocked to hear he's suddenly taken away on such a young age.

I grieve with the family for their loss.

I found him a fine member of Eurobricks and will truly miss him.

This news is shocking.

Although I knew him very little personally, I know he was great person and a most valuable asset to the community. Noone should die at such a young age!

Rest in piece, Zorro.

This is very tragic news and at such a young age! He was the first person to help me out when I first joined here, as I spent all my time on the pirate forum. He was a very friendly and helpful person and will be sadly missed.

R.I.P

I am loss for words... It sadden me to see myself and the rest to lose a great friend, who lives in our heart. Despite of the fact that I had never met him in real life, I had always held my utmost respect for him and commitment to strive his very best to make Eurobricks and Classic Pirates community to make it a much better and enjoyable place for all of us to be in. Even though he had departed, he shall and will always remain someone special in our hearts...

Dieter, my friend, rest in peace...

You will be missed...

Farewell fellow AFOL! I know you're more than happy by now wherever it is you are

respects from Mexico to one of the founders of this great global web comunity!

I had the opportunity to meet with Dieter in real life. Even though he wasn´t signed up for our next Event in

Windsor, he told me that he will do all in his power to make it to that Event. I was looking so forward to meet

with him there again.

Dieter was a great guy, and came to touch so many persons around our planet, helping and guiding new and old members.

Many with me on here saw Dieter as a good friend. He truley was what you are looking for in a friend.

We are many that will never forget his work, efforts and help he gave without asking for anything in return.

His passion was great for Eurobricks, and he dedicated a lot of hard work to make members enjoying the hobby

and love Eurobricks just the way he did. It truley is a great loss for the all of us.

To his family:

I am so very sorry and sad for your loss and I hope it will be some confidence that he will be remembered by many.

On here he had many friends and many with me loved and joyed having him around. My sincere condolences to you.

He has been in my thoughts every waken hour since I heard about the tragic news.

What ever happens, and where ever we will go from here, we will never forget him.

To Dieter:

You will be missed. See you later my friend!

/Rickard

(Sweden)

We´ll see you soon friend,

the most sincere condolences, from Costa Rica

our thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family

Gecondoleerd mevr. de Vos en Jurgen, veel sterkte.

het verlies van een dierbare is met geen pen te beschrijven, ik wens jullie nogmaals veel sterkte in deze moe;ijke tijd.

there are no words to disgribe the loss of a loved one, my tought's are with his mother and brother.

Claus von Nassau

This is not about LEGO, not about being active in the community, not about what was accomplished for this community.

I haven't had the chance to meet Dieter in person. What really, really hurts so much is the 27 years he had to make this world possibly spin the other way around. It is entirely wrong. He should have been able to try this for at least 100 years. He may have had the power ...

27 years. Dieter never dies, when we remember him. When we forget, he dies. We should not. So here is my take. Let us remember him, make him being with us, take his ideas as if he would be "there".

Truly yours,

Thorsten

sometimes words just aren't enough; not even tears will do.

I met Dieter once at eurobricks event 2009,

he was one of the nicest persons I've ever known..

my deepest condolences to his friends and family.

ruhe in frieden, dieter. danke für alles.

/Johannes

[Germany]

take his ideas as if he would be "there".

That is a good way to put it! :pir-cry_happy:

It is extra sad if such a young people die. Too many 'important' AFOL's die too young I think.

Familie, gecondoleerd met dit verlies, heel veel sterkte en het allerbeste.

It's always sad to hear that another young AFOL has passed away. Like many others, I didn't know Dieter beyond these forums but his presence was certainly felt here. Losing somebody at such a young age is simply devastating. My thoughts go out to his family.

R.I.P. Dieter.