Bonaparte

Our Zorro (Dieter) passing away

This is very sad news

I would like to extend my deepest condolences to his family.

:pir_bawling:

Legomilk

This is very sad. He was a great moderator, even though I rarely visited the pirates forum.

My condolences to his family. Rest in peace Dieter.

Unfortunatly, I did not know Dieter that well. However my condolances to the family none the less. He's done a lot for EB, and will truely be missed

My condolences to his family.

Dieter was a great person and a wonderful Moderator. He always gave great advice on Mocs, and he was one of the people who inspired me to join Classic-pirates.com. He always had a great attitude about everything he did here on EB, and all of the wonderful contests he organized. It saddens me to hear of his passing, but it also makes me glad to know he is in a better place, a place where the bricks never run out, and one can find that one brick you need. You shall be missed Dieter, may you rest in peace. :pir-sad2:

Edited by Admiral Ron

I never really visited the Pirates forum, so I didn't know him but I feel what a great loss this is for Eurobricks.

My condolences to his family. May you rest in peace Dieter. :pir-cry_sad:

To Zorro's mother and brother,

I felt sick to my stomach when I found out that Dieter had passed away, he was so young. My deepest sympathies for your loss. Losing a brother and especially a son is a very hard thing to deal with. Dieter always treated me like a king here on Eurobricks, he was extremely helpfull and kind, he way very very generous with the site. Buying prizes with his own money. We always teased Zorro about stealing everyones rum, everybody got a big kick out of it. He was always a lot of fun to have around, we will all miss him! I will never forget him as long as I'm alive.

Dieter was a good friend to me, I will miss him!

Michael in Canada

Edited by Ratshot

Oh my god, This is so unexpected, first Nnenn, then Dan (Bricklink), Now Zorro, It is starting to make me think someone has something against lego.

Zorro Rest In peace, although having passed on, he has left so much behind for us to remember him by, and has put a smile on many members faces and has filled many hearts with joy, you'll always be here with us, rest in peace. I'm happy i got my brickarms order today, as I am now going to get my figs to do a six shot salute to such a wonderful person.

My sincere condolences to Dieter's survivors and the entire EB staff. It was my pleasure to get to know Dieter through this board, and he was an exceptionally friendly, generous person who will truly be missed by all.

Very sad, 27 is far, far too young. I never met Dieter or conversed with him online, but it is very obvious how much of an impact he had on the lives of so many people. The Lego community lost a good leader and the world lost a good person.

R.I.P. Dieter.

Rest in peace, Dieter. You left the world too soon, but our memories of you will remain here forever.

To Dieter's family and close friends:

I did not know him well, but what I remember is his contribution to EB and how he helped make EB a special place for all to visit. While these words can be erased, memories of Dieter and the kind person that he was will live on always. He will find a special place in Heaven and in that place will be a single brick and five stars. The brick will be blue and represent how sad we are to see him pass; and the stars shall represent his many contributions to EB and the LEGO community, and those stars will always circle him.

We will miss our friend, Dieter.

Only 27? What is the world coming to?

Sad day indeed for the Lego fan group..... Sad, Sad day....

I never knew him personally or on forum, but my condolences go to his family, for no one should have to lose someone so close so soon.

I always thought that this poem would come to use for the death of a very important person on Eurobricks, and here it is.

"Life is a journey.

Death is the continuation of the journey.

Heaven is a temporary rest.

For the commencement and fulfillment

Of a new life, a new hope

And a new promise"

rest in peace :pir-cry_sad:

I didn't know Dieter personally, but I'm greatly saddened by the news of his untimely death. He contributed a lot of his time and energy to Eurobricks and he helped make this community the special place it is today. He will be missed.

This is tragic news. Even though I didn't know him personally, his work and dedication to Classic-Pirates was inspiring.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends. May he rest in peace. :pir-sad2:

So tragic to hear aanother Lego fan passing away.

You will always be remembered.

My condolences go out to those who knew him and to his family. I hope that whatever happened to him was quick and painless. These last 7 months have been hard on the Lego community and I can only say that we can only hope the future will be brighter.

It is very sad that this young man passed away.

I always enjoyed how efficient and great his work was. Many contests helped people get the confidents to build and come out of the darkness.

I loved seeing his kind comments on MOCS. I wish I knew him personally because he would have been a great person to meet.

Please Rest In Peace. And have a gentle road to above.

*FuzzyLegoBricks* :sadnew:

Although I am a newer member, and didnt know him so well personally, It is very sad to loose someone who has been behind much of the fun here on classic-pirates. :pir-cry_sad: I hope his family is alright, and Ill pray for them.

This is very sad news to me and I wish his whole family my condolences.

I joined after him, but not by much and I never had the oppertunity to really get to know such a fine man and helpful, useful and kind EB member. I often have read his posts and taken in his words and really it will be a great shame to have lost him. The many Ebay threads were just a symbol of how much he cared, he made them not for himself but to give others oppertunities of Lego and this shows just how amazing and caring this man was. I wish he could still be here today.

I will miss you Zorro

Eskallon

27...so early for him to leave. Reading these comments show that he made the most of the time he had, and that he made the world a better place for having been here.

Rest peacefully, Dieter--you will be missed.