Bonaparte

Our Zorro (Dieter) passing away

This is awful, shocking, and saddening news.

All the best to Dieter his family and friends.

Kind regards,

Johan

While I had no personal interaction with Dieter, he was obviously a great contributor to EB, and a generous person. For one to die so young is always heartbreaking. Still, I hope his family can take some comfort from the fact that people across the globe are thinking of them, and will sincerely miss Dieter.

RIP Zorro

long may you sail the never ending oceans in your next life

I do not know the traditions on a pirate ship but 21 cannons are going off in my head for you

and the bricklink flag is at half mast

Tony

Edited by joelego

Zorro believed in me and I'm not sure if I expressed my gratitude enough, he was a god friend and I believe he is in a giant LEGO store in the sky where they have everything in stock and its always free. He will be greatly missed and I can only pray for his close family dealing with this loss.

Goodbye Zorro, I'll miss you.

I am very sad of this news, although I did not know Zorro very well he has always been a figure of my deepest respect. I would like to extend my deepest condolences to his family.

All the best to Dieter his family and friends.

Take Care, _zenn.

A sad day...

My deepest and most sincere condolences to his family.

Farewell Dieter. We'll always remember you.

Ὃν οἴ θεοί φιλοῦσιν ἀποθνήσκει νέος...

Thank you Dieter for all you did for Classic-pirates, Eurobricks and the Lego community. May you rest in peace.

My sincere condolences to your family.

Reading this, I actually got a little teary eyed. Zorro was always one of my favorite Staff members. He always had something funny to say when he posted, and when he wasn't, he was organizing great contests, and improving the Pirates Forum. It's saddens me that he'll never make us laugh again, and the contests will never have his hand in it again. I'm not very religious, but wherever you are Zorro, Rest in Peace, dear Lord Admiral.

I've been on many forums, and heard of people dying, and this is probably the saddest story of all. He was so young, and that's what makes a situation this tragic.

I wish him an eternity of joy in heaven.

I am so sad to hear this. This is completely unexpected.

Thank you so much for what you have done for Classic-Pirates.com! We will always remember your contests.

Farewell Dieter. My deepest condolences to his family.

Very sad news... I'm grateful for what he did for our forum, and for the rum he gave us.

I didn't know him that well, but he seemed a true pirate and a good person.

I actually dont know what to say really... I am shocked about these horrible news, questions are rising on my head why, and how? I really didnt know him, but what i can tell on his time on here Eurobricks, he was a great person who was always ready to help everybody. I hope all the best to his family, we all will be missing him. May he rest in peace.

Jussi (Finland)

Edited by Captain Becker

I had never talked with Zorro personally, but I had seen his posts around here before, and he seemed like a very nice person. It's always sad to see anyone pass, and this is no exception.

Rest in peace, and may my condolences be with his family.

Rest in peace m8!

thnx for the work you've done for the world and the people who loves lego!!

big up for 4! and the fam ofcourse

I worked with Dieter closely for quite some time as part of Classic-Pirates. He was invariably friendly, supportive, enthusiastic and level-headed: the voice of reason and pragmatism. His generosity, in time and money, to the Lego community is not to be forgotten - and I do not doubt that his memory will live on. It is most fitting that one of his earliest achievements as part of Eurobricks was being awarded the Creative Critic prize - for providing consistent and helpful feedback for people's models on the forums.

I had anticipated meeting him at a Eurobricks event some time in the next few years - but that is not to be.

But I've certainly got a lot of happy memories of him.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

-Barney

(England)

This is very sad news indeed, especially at such a young age. He was a great staff member. Zorro was always helping with the contests and now this gloomy event. :pir-sad2:

RIP

Like many here, I never experienced what Zorro did personally because I don't venture into the Pirate forum. However, I do know that he was a big part of the staff, and will be sincerely missed. My condolences to his family as well.

First of all, my condolences to Dieter's family and friends.

Dieter, I owe much of what I have here on Classic-Pirates and Eurobricks to you. You were the one who invited me to work on the blog, which really pushed me to do more for the community.

I still remember when you sent me my first pirate minifigures, a redcoat and a bluecoat, for free. Even when the first ones got lost in the mail, you sent me two more. That just shows how good of a person you were. Every time you chatted with me, sent me a PM, or posted something on the forum, you were always friendly, helpful and funny. Although I regrettably never had the chance to meet you in person, I feel that I got to know you very well just from the internet. It was a pleasure working with you, and the whole community will still feel your presence in future contests, because of all you have done to collect prizes for the site.

We will all greatly miss you, but we will never forget what you have done for us, and the whole LEGO community. Let us all raise one final glass of Zorro's famous rum for our friend Dieter...