workfromtheheart

[MOC] - Luke Skywalker

gallery_101_23_281.gif

The SW MOC Contest on LowLug has given me the opportunity to practice with taking pictures. That's why I got to work with this fantastic shot from the first Star Wars movie (IV).

115919__mhamill_l_PB.jpg

Building the scene was fairly easy and quick. But taking the picture has taken me more than an hour, creating the right shot, until I was pleased with the result:

5370376932_de34e93b5b.jpg

LowLug Star Wars Contest by workfromtheheart, on Flickr

Very nice shot, you captured this very excellently :thumbup:

Excellent little scene you have there 'workfromtheheart', pretty dam close to the real shot there too ! :thumbup:

May the brick be with you ! :yoda:

Very nice photograph WFTH, you really captured the 'Tatooine feel' of the reference picture very well. I just feel the added neckpiece is a bit distracting, but maybe it's just me. Overall great job on this one! :thumbup:

Excellent photo. :thumbup: It looks like it might not quite be an exact replica, but it's barely noticeable. The only thing is that I would've used an original Luke face.

Nice shot workfromtheheart. I like the out-of-focus background and the colours.

'snip'. The only thing is that I would've used an original Luke face.

I disagree, in the reference picture Luke looks very young and thoughtful, he seems vulnerable and IMO the small mouth of the alternative head helps capture that feel (the freckles are unfortunate though).

I disagree, in the reference picture Luke looks very young and thoughtful, he seems vulnerable and IMO the small mouth of the alternative head helps capture that feel (the freckles are unfortunate though).

Yeah. The freckles make him look too much like the 9 year-old we're supposed to sympathize with who supposedly becomes the heartless evil man.

Great shot. I love the perspective, and Luke's wrap is a nice idea. One thing I'd change is Luke's face. It's not serious enough with those huge eyes. :grin: