Sign in to follow this  
Konrade

Question - how to get access to LU Mode

As I am brand new to LDD I was looking around the forums and noticing all the different minifigs people put into their designs, yet there are only a few different torsos and other minifig items when I click on the minifig tab...Can anyone tell me how to get access to all the different minifigs, specifically the castle ones? Thanks in advance!

Edited by Superkalle
Changed heading to something that better reflect the topic

Look here to unlock a whole new dimension of the LDD palette! :tongue:

I'm sorry but I admit I still can't figure it all out...is there any other way to download just the universe mode? It's all kind of confusing to me

I'm sorry but I admit I still can't figure it all out...is there any other way to download just the universe mode? It's all kind of confusing to me

There is not. I suppose someone who had Universe mode could upload the modded file for you, but you'd still have to know where to put it.

Does anyopne know if there is a tutorial asd such? I feel like I have followed the instructions but I'm sure I am missing something.

Does anyopne know if there is a tutorial asd such? I feel like I have followed the instructions but I'm sure I am missing something.

If you've followed the instructions, LU mode should work properly. If it doesn't, you don't feel like you're missing something, you are missing something.

Perhaps if you described your problem and the steps you took to attempt to unlock LU mode, we can help you more.

If you've followed the instructions, LU mode should work properly. If it doesn't, you don't feel like you're missing something, you are missing something.

Perhaps if you described your problem and the steps you took to attempt to unlock LU mode, we can help you more.

First I open the folder and I see just"preferences." I then double click it and a text box appears language=en. I then type in Themeaccess=LEGOUniverse. I then attempt to save it. Then nothing happens or it just says access denied

Edit* It says I do not have permission to save there and then asks if I wish to save it into the documents folder. I think this is where I messed up. So I guess the question now is, how do i override the admin?

Edited by Konrade

First I open the folder and I see just"preferences." I then double click it and a text box appears language=en. I then type in Themeaccess=LEGOUniverse. I then attempt to save it. Then nothing happens or it just says access denied

Edit* It says I do not have permission to save there and then asks if I wish to save it into the documents folder. I think this is where I messed up. So I guess the question now is, how do i override the admin?

Wrong preferences file. You need one of these:

For Windows 7 and Vista it can be found here C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\preferences.ini

For Windows XP here: C:\Documents And Settings\UserName\ApplicationData\Lego Company\Lego Digital Designer\preferences.ini

For Windows 7 and Vista it can be found here C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\preferences.ini

For Windows XP here: C:\Documents And Settings\UserName\ApplicationData\Lego Company\Lego Digital Designer\preferences.ini

It's worth noting here that "username" changes depending on what your user account is called (and in some cases isn't actually your username) and also that getting there involves navigating past hidden folders so you'd need to turn them off too.

A far easier way is to find it is to use %appdata% as I described here which works on either OS and skips the hidden folder bit entirely.

If you use windows , you have to enable the "hidden maps" (or something like that).

You can change that in the map options (of windows).

EDIT: I read AndyC his comment, maybe that is much easier.

Edited by legolijntje

If you use windows , you have to enable the "hidden maps" (or something like that).

You can change that in the map options (of windows).

EDIT: I read AndyC his comment, maybe that is much easier.

Thank you everyone! I got it figured out!