Konrade

What's your latest acquisition?

Attack of the Wargs $9.97 (after amazon.com credit card sign up)

Barrel escape (gift)

Looking to get several BL minifigs, yes I am a minifig hoarder aka Army builder :)

I'll probably end up completing LOTR and hobbit sets next week.

I got a third Warg Attack and third Barrel Escape sets for Christmas. I will be returning the Barrel Escape as I have no use for it, but will definetly keep the Warg Attack set. Can never have too many of them!

I also ordered 16 more Uruk-hai from BrickLink for under $3 a piece (fully armored), bringing my total to 100 exact. I also got a $50 Lego Shop gift card which I will be using to buy my final Orc Forge set with so I have 10 sets of white hand armored Uruk-hai in addition to my 100 normal armored ones. Now I am pretty much done with the first LotR wave and need to start in on some of these Hobbit minifigs!

Picked up

9470 Shelob Attacks

9473 Mines of Moria (clearanced for $54)

9469 Gandalf Arrives (clearanced for $9)

9472 Attack on Weathertop (clearanced for $40)

Glad I found Moria and Weathertop, couldn't bring myself to pay full price for those 2 sets.

Edited by Evil Porkchop

*Deathleech's post*

:oh: . 100? Man, I really need to get going on my army building plans. Not on that large a scale, though. I only need 40 - 50 Uruk-hai.

The 10 mirkwood elves a friendly EB member imported for me arrived recently.

They are very beautiful, the silver part of the printing makes them look noble.

With the orc problem becoming more and more serious in the forests, it is very important that the army grows.

I bought Kingdom's Joust for me just before Christmas. I was on a Hobbit buying hold until now in case anyone wanted to give me one of those sets. They did not but some relatives make it for the holidays due to bad weather.

I did get the business card holder with dozens of printed pieces for letters and numbers and the Christmas magnet.

It might be time for me to buy a Hobbit set today. Either Bagend or Warg Attack.

Edited by Blakstone

Just got Bag End and Gandalf Arrives. Also a 2nd Helm's Deep without minifigs.

I really want the Attack of the Wargs, and maybe a 2nd or 3rd Uruk-hai Army set, to start building a small army.

Latest was Kingdom's Joust. I and my brother split the price. Next week it will be a Medieval Market Village. Earlier this month after having bought only a little Lego for a long time we also got:

Uruk-Hai Army 1x

Gandalf Arrives 1x

Mines of Moria 1x

Attack on Weathertop 1x

The Orc Forge 1x

Helm's Deep 2x

Escape from the Spiders of Mirkwood 1x

Just bought the Battle of Helms Deep Pack for 90€. :)

My LotR Collection grows, also the Gandalf arrives pack is on the way.

I got:

Gandalf arrives

Mirkwood Spiders

Shelob

Uruk-Hai army

Any idea when we should be expecting lego clearance deals? This is my first year buying Legos after my dark age and I have no idea when to start looking.

This is my first year buying Legos after my dark age and I have no idea when to start looking.

Me too. I missed some of the good deals on Amazon, but I think they'll come around again. I check prices online at amazon/target/walmart/ebay regularly to make sure I'm not missing any deals that I can't pass up.

Are the deals more local like the ones where prince of Persia Legos were marked down? Or are they pretty consistent across the stores for each corporation?

I doubt Hobbit or LOTR will be discounted. The other day I saw buy 1 get 50% off on city and star wars Legos on toysrus.com.

Edited by Mahtion

Wow deathleech you have 3 barrel escapes and I haven't even found one at toysrus. I was thinking about ordering one online but I already have tons of Mirkwood elf Guards (around 17) and 10 Elronds so I have lots of Elven swords. I just don't see the reason to buy the set right now, not many pieces unless I wanted to have Oin and Gloin.

Christmas was very, very, very good to me this year. As far as LotR/Hobbit sets that I found under the tree, I got Riddles for the Ring, Gandalf Arrives, Uruk-Hai Army, An Unexpected Gathering, and the Mines of Moria.

I'm mainly a LEGO Star Wars guy, but by the looks of the lackluster line up of next year's Star Wars sets and the continuing quality of the LotR/Hobbit sets, the LotR/Hobbit line is slowly becoming my favorite theme. Hope it will last for longer then the movies and that I'll keep finding LotR/Hobbit sets under my tree for many Christmas to come! :grin:

Just snagged 8777 Vladek Encouter and 8778 Border Ambush for $11. I'm not crazy on the theme, but I like the shadow knights and the seller swapped out one of the hero minifigs, the purple knight, for some other figure that isn't so garish. I'm pretty pleased with the pickup.

I bought my first Hobbit set, Attack of the Wargs, last night. I avoided them before Christmas in case anyone wanted to gift me one (No one did). While I was picking it up, I noticed that my local Walmart gathered a lot of the LotR sets in a shopping cart near where they normally do their clearance items. I went back after work and got an additional Mines of Moria for $54. Perhaps I should have gone before work as there was no Helm's Deep left.

I stopped at a different Walmart during lunch and got 9 Star Wars bags (Tie Fighter and Star Destroyer) for $1.50.

Whoa I will have to check Walmarts around my area. If Mines is selling for $54, how much would Helms deep be priced at?

Any hobbit sets on clearance or just LOTR?

Edited by Mahtion

No, just LotR. They came out in June while Hobbit came out officially in December. Check as many Walmarts as you are able. I am in the OKC area and the NW Expressway Walmart did not discount any LotR sets but the Mustang Walmart deeply slashed Mines of Moria. Neither Weathertop nor Uruk Hai Army was discounted. If it was not for the holiday, I would check the North May store.

I got Bag End and Attack of the Wargs as a gift, Then I bought the Barrel Escape set at Toy's R Us, I'm thinking of getting the Helms Deep set from a local store because it is only £85. :classic:

I got Attack of the Wargs and Riddles for the Ring for Christmas. Oh, and a minifig bag (series 7 I think) -> it was the viking lady.

I just picked up my second Attack of the Wargs tonight. One of my local Targets had it on clearance for 30% off. I snatched it up right away even though I didn't want a second one originally. the same thing happened last year with POTC and being put on clearance immediately after they were released. I'm not complaining.

Got two Mirkwood sets before Christmas as I had to have the elves and the warrior dwarves.

Decided not to get the Attack of the Wargs as it is far too expensive over here in Oz. Went through BL and got myself 6 grey Wargs and I will pick up the other figs at a later date.

Have however put in an order for Bag End and also Weathertop which will allow me to get the whole of the Fellowship and start me off on the Hobbit mad bunch.

Not sure if I will get any of the other Hobbit or LOTR sets and will wait to see what the next wave bringeth.

Still looking to pick up a Helms Deep, but that will have to wait until mid year as I have blown all of my 6 month Lego budget...known as my holiday pay on Jabba's Palace and the Rancor, xwing and a tie defender. Its hard to choose when you love two lines.