Konrade

What's your latest acquisition?

1x Mines of Moria + 1x Attack of the Wargs + 1x Attack on Weathertop, total price 140 USD. :classic:

+ one question: What do you recommend me to buy next? Helms Deep or Orthanc? Both are nice sets, but Helms Deep is older one and maybe in future it will not be available (or it will be, but for much higher price)...but on the other side, there must be much more Helms Deep sets at the market than exklusive black tower...maybe I´ll pick up Orthanc until it dissapears.

Edited by Mr. Cube

Nice pickup! The Tower of Orthanc arrived on my doorstep on Tuesday but waiting for the weekend to build it. I'd say get Helms Deep. Orthanc will probably be produced until this summer (May-June) while the Deep is getting difficult to find. Plus who doesn't want an awesome castle?

Definitely get Helm's Deep. It's been retired for a few months now and the price is starting to sky rocket. Plus, I feel like it's a better set overall despite being a bit smaller. You get a lot of nice exclusive figures and it's one of the best castle's Lego has ever created.

Edited by Deathleech

1x Mines of Moria + 1x Attack of the Wargs + 1x Attack on Weathertop, total price 140 USD. :classic:

+ one question: What do you recommend me to buy next? Helms Deep or Orthanc? Both are nice sets, but Helms Deep is older one and maybe in future it will not be available (or it will be, but for much higher price)...but on the other side, there must be much more Helms Deep sets at the market than exklusive black tower...maybe I´ll pick up Orthanc until it dissapears.

Wow, where'd you get such good prices?

I also would recommend getting Helm's Deep, as it's going to be super expensive since it's out of production now. I'm looking for one myself, but can't find any reasonable prices. :hmpf_bad:

Just bought a mint in open box LEGO 9472 Attack on Weathertop. The bags and instructions are untouched, I am not sure why the tape seals were off. It was at K-Mart so I wasn't surprised... The price was right, too. I like to keep the boxes and didn't want to pay a premium online.

I just ordered 4 more Mirkwood Elf Army sets for almost 20% off on Amazon, and 10 Moria Orcs on BrickLink after seeing my Moria Orc faction was a little lacking :grin: I should be good now until October when the next Hobbit wave hits. Time to save!

Oh boy... I still need to completed the 2 Hobbit and 2 LotR sets before any new ones come out. Helm's Deep is next paycheck. Then Orthanc...

It's just so hard to balance stuff for my car and LEGO :D. I picked expensived hobbies.

roccom22, Deathleech, Hammerhand: Thx for your advices, OK, I´ll buy Helm´s Deep.

Hammerhand:I bought the Mines and Weathertop (like new) from one AFOL for 2000 CZK (99 USD) and Attack of the Wargs (MISB) from one e-shop for 41 USD (discount). That AFOL offered me also Helm´s Deep for about 108 USD (like new). That´s why I was asking about buying Helm´s Deep x Tower of Orthanc (about 265 USD in CZE).

Finally, I got my own (my precious) Elrond. But that cape... :laugh:

Ha Ha the cape is so silly, they could have made it longer like in the picture on the bag...

Finally, I got my own (my precious) Elrond. But that cape... :laugh:

I bought that Elrond polybag on ebay early in 2013. I contacted Lego about the cape, and they sent me the correct long cape at no charge. Worth a shot if you care about it, he does look better with the longer cape.

I bought that Elrond polybag on ebay early in 2013. I contacted Lego about the cape, and they sent me the correct long cape at no charge. Worth a shot if you care about it, he does look better with the longer cape.

Hmm, wonder if they would send me one still, even though I got it when it came out.

I couldn't resist and ordered the Elrond polybag today. My LotR collection is now complete :)

Now I have to wait for a third LotR wave!

Is a long cape movie-accurate though? I only wonder because I have contemplated calling and getting them to send over the long cape for my Elrond, but I don't want to be one of those people who only asks for it because it says so on the packaging, rather than actually needing a long cape because he has one in the movie... If you see what I mean?

I bought a second Black Gate set recently - I got it for $60, when it is usually $100 (AUD that is, of course): my local BIG W had all the 2nd-Wave LOTR sets for almost 50% off!

I just redeemed my Toys R Us points from December for the Dol Gulur Ambush. I will never figure out TRU's pricing policy.

Is a long cape movie-accurate though? I only wonder because I have contemplated calling and getting them to send over the long cape for my Elrond, but I don't want to be one of those people who only asks for it because it says so on the packaging, rather than actually needing a long cape because he has one in the movie... If you see what I mean?

I bought a second Black Gate set recently - I got it for $60, when it is usually $100 (AUD that is, of course): my local BIG W had all the 2nd-Wave LOTR sets for almost 50% off!

He wears a long cape in the movie.

Bought Attack of the Wargs and the Mirkwood Spiders sets today. I wanted to get them before the price starts skyrocketing now that they're retiring the Wargs set, and probably Mirkwood spiders in not to long. Only 2 more Hobbit sets to go and I'll have the full dwarven company. I might just BrickLink Ori, Dori, and Nori though. Not sure if I want to spend $70-$80 on the Goblin King set. :hmpf_bad: