Konrade

What's your latest acquisition?

Recently acquired

79005 Wizard Battle

79006 Council of Elrond

79007 Battle at the Black Gate

79012 Mirkwood Elf Army (x2)

79003 An Unexpected Gathering (a second one).

For the time being, i feel complete. The Umbar ship simply is too ugly for going after it. I hope for a great final of the LOTR line - with a Gondor Army (builder) set, kind of a Minas Tirith castle and the witch king on his mount! :wub:

Recently acquired

79005 Wizard Battle

79006 Council of Elrond

79007 Battle at the Black Gate

79012 Mirkwood Elf Army (x2)

79003 An Unexpected Gathering (a second one).

For the time being, i feel complete. The Umbar ship simply is too ugly for going after it. I hope for a great final of the LOTR line - with a Gondor Army (builder) set, kind of a Minas Tirith castle and the witch king on his mount! :wub:

Corsair ship is really acurate and has good design if we speak about lego :) much more better than Erond council, which is good but way to small and wasted potencial....

Helm's Deep (Christmas present).

And a bunch of bricks and plates from the Wall of Bricks in the Lego Shop that opened by my parents'....

Picked up the Dul Guldur Ambush. I'm not crazy about the look of Beorn, but I'm hopeful of his role in TABA.

Is anyone stateside finding any LOTR/Hobbit sets on clearance after Christmas? I'm checking the usual sources (Target/Wally/Marshall's/TJ Max) and I'm not having any luck.

I'm having trouble finding them period. Before Christmas Toys R Us were running a few deals where you could get them all 25% off and they were actually marked MSRP. Wal-Mart also had the MEA army for $25, but that's about the only things I saw. I really want to get a few more MEA armies for cheaper.

I got me a second Gatehouse Raid for parts and army building.

Corsair ship is really acurate and has good design if we speak about lego :) much more better than Erond council, which is good but way to small and wasted potencial....

The architecture for the Lego Council of Elrond comes form a different scene in the movie trilogy where Elrond is talking to Arwyn.

Edited by SerenityInFire

For Christmas my brother got me Mirkwood Elf Army. A nifty little set with lots of figs and I finally now have a Warg. It looks pretty good in my Hobbit/LotR display shelf.

Picked up Tower of Orthanc from S@H and got it down to $90 after gift card and VIP. Can't wait for it to arrive, but it's backed up a few weeks, along with about half of the website.

Well, not acquired per se, but I've been building my Dad's collection, and now have built:

Black Falcon's Fortress (apparently he had two, unluckily for me, both flags are broken. :mad:

Blacksmith shop (Haven't found the exclusive cape, but know I have it )

Guarded Inn

Knight's Castle

Forestmens' Hideout

I've put all the sets together via pegs to make one massive Castle. I'm thinking about getting a copy of the Armor shop to finish it off.

Next up, Camoflauged Outpost!

I recently bought 79013 - Lake-town Chase via Amazon.de and saved 33% compared to the original price.

A nice bargain for a set that's in stores for nearly one month.

Edited by Wat Tambor

Just got laketown escape. I really like this from this line. Love thorins torso print and bards hair and head. Really all the figs are great. The parts are pretty nice too especially the fish shields. It didnt seem like many were all too excited by this one but I like it.