Konrade

What's your latest acquisition?

Hey does anyone know if they stopped producing the Tower of Orthanc? The price on amazon skyrocketed to $300 USD and it went up $30 on TRU. Didn't know if this is just the holiday rush or if I should pick it up now before it gets even more expensive.

It's still listed as in stock and for $199.99 at Lego S@H. If it was retiring soon they would have it listed as such. I am guessing Amazon just ran out of their current stock and a third party vendor has it listed high. TRU is probably just doing their usual mark up. It should be available until at least next June, if not much longer since that will be around a year.

Just picked up Dol Guldur Battle and Lake Town Chase a ordered a few weeks ago from a shop I didn't know. I paid slightly more than 80 euros. For both. An offer I couldn't resist...

According to the cashier they made a mistake with the prices on their website. Bad luck for them, I'm very happy!

Began re-assembling a collection after many years by investing in:

853373 Lego Kingdoms Chess Set (many dudes)

70400 Forest Ambush (small and cheap)

79010 The Goblin King Battle (reduced in Official Store and it looked cool in the Hobbit film :))

Mirkwood elf army and dol guldur ambush.

Just built dol guldur ambush last night and planning to use the structure for my future custom minifig photo background, with a little modification that is.

Past couple of months haul bought on discounts (20% up to 50%) at various US retail stores (including Lego stores)!

Happy Holidays!

AC

11346791393_d55ed7fc92_c.jpg

Past couple of months haul bought on discounts (20% up to 50%) at various US retail stores (including Lego stores)!

Happy Holidays!

AC

11346791393_d55ed7fc92_c.jpg

Wow nice catch...little envy you :)

Ordered 20 Gunadabad Orcs and 40 Mordor Orcs off BrickLink. Time to start filling out my orc ranks since Lego doesn't currently have any good orc army builder options :hmpf_bad:

I bought a Mirkwood Elf Army from the Lego store in Paris this week. I was going to wait until it was discounted on Amazon but as I was there and had some Euros burning a hole in my pocket, I gave into temptation. :tongue:

Last Friday, I was given a couple of the promotional Mirkwood Elves that were being given away with the Hobbit: TDoS movie tickets. I've seen them described as a polybagged promotion, but they're not actually in polybags. The bag is just a plain zip-lock. It does come with a card explaining what the minifig is though. The minifig itself is identical to the hooded one in MEA, so nice but nothing special.

Edited by AmperZand

I made a TRU run when they were doing the BOGO 50% a few weeks ago. They hadn't marked up the Hobbit sets yet so it ended up being a good deal.

12-2-13-tru.jpg

Just picked up Gatehouse Raid and Dragon Mountain form the new Castle line. I wanted to see how the sets are in comparison to Kingdoms. The figs are flippin awesome, especially some of the new baddie face prints. The dragon is nice, but I haven't gotten a chance to compare him to my green dragon from the 2007 Castle line. The new horse barding and helmet is also cool, but its a shame its all red. Dark metallic silver would look far more menacing, and also be very versatile within different factions.

I haven't gotten a chance to build the sets themselves, but from the looks of it, Gatehouse Raid looks pretty decent (I've always had a soft spot for gatehouse/ambush type sets), but the mountain looks pretty lame. That one is likely just going straight into the spare parts bin.

Bought Wizards battle and Elrond's Council decent prices... 22€ and 10€ .... for EU atleast lol

79006 Council of Elrond - $15

Should I get a few more?

That's a pretty good deal! You could always get a few and make a nice Rivendell scene :sweet:

Where did you find it that cheap? Lowest I have seen is $20-22.

Kroger has a bi-annual LEGO clearance to make room for the newer product. Fire sales are usually half off everything.

Ordered 7 Thranduils, 3 mirkwood elves, 12 shields and two wargs on BL. Together with the two MEAs I already own my needs for this wave are satisfied.

Christmas was good this morning.

Mia's Magic Show

Forest Ambush (x3)

Gold Getaway

Stagecoach Escape

The Mine

Illium (Heroica)

2 Series 11 CMF

5 LEGO Movie CMF

Laketown Guard Polybag (x3)

I got a second DGA and another constable for Christmas. I am not sure what to do with the second Beorn but I like the orcs with hair and more bricks. Just before Christmas I got Black Zero Escape for 30% during the Target We are Sorry We Let Someone Still Your Credit Card Info Sale.